NEW TESTAMENT

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Gina05, Jun 23, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Just opened a gift.
    Page 160

#67-"If you are the Christ, tell us," but HE said to them, " if I tell you, you will by no means believe.

#68- "And if I also ask you, you will by no means, answer and let ME go.

#69- "Hereafter the son of man will sit on the right hand of the power of GOD.

#70- then they all said, "Are you then the son of GOD?" So HE said to them,"You rightly say that I am."

#71- and then they said, "What further testimony do we need? For we have heard it ourselves from HIS own mouth."

AMEN

End of CHAPTER 22

Wonderful gift-Thank-you!

2. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

very cool post Gina

edited: removed a sentence

3. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I think one of the hardest things people have to do is to believe and love Jesus by Faith and not by sight - ie performing miracles and healing the sick. By what His word says and the Father's words say. Our intellect sometimes does not allow us to decipher that and we try to rationalize Jesus and His love....at least I know I did at one time.

edited: in error quoted wrong verse and made a wrong point

4. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

The Greatest Commandment
    I was wrong - I don't believe that is the chapter where He speaks of faith by believing rather than sight but I know it is where he speaks of the greatest commandments. I copied these verses from Bible Gateway Matthew 22:

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Amen. Thanx, Aladdin!