Nothing worse than

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Jan 14, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Hospice seems to think that my neighbor will be better off staying at home rather that going into the hospital.I occasionally check on him but there's little change.The doctor increases his morphine a little bit each day so at least I'm glad that he's in no pain.He's able to sit on the edge of his bed but he's too weak to stand.Most of the time he's laying down with his eyes closed.I don't think he know's what's happening or at least what will happen.The social worker found a cremation contract Wayne had purchased from the Neptune society and tomorrow I and another friend of Wayne will sign our names and have it notarized.So for now all we can do is just wait until Wayne takes his last breath.When that happens I think but I'm not sure the Neptune Society will pick up his body and prepare it for cremation.His ashes will be sent to a niece who lives someplace in Georgia.

2. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Its nice of you to be helping him. Being there for him, even just in the room and having a few conversations is a huge gift I think.
    Hey, its may be out of print but there is a great read "Who Dies" Steve Levine, that i read long ago.

3. daBronx

daBronx New Member

There's really nothing that I can do.It's the nurse who increases his morphine.It's the nurse who feeds him even though he only take very small amounts of yogurt and a sip or two of water.He just seems not to have much of an appetite.Whether he know I'm there,I'm not sure.It's the nurse who cleans him.She has told me his urine is now dark brown which can only mean his kidney's are slowly shutting down.I can only hope and pray for his sake that God takes him soon.

4. Jäger

Jäger Me and My sweetie 15 years ago :)

Not having a dishwasher.

5. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Losing a good friendship.My friendship with a woman I met 9 months ago has sadly ended.Ingrid,59,employed at Stanford University in Palo Alto was not married but still had 3 teen-age children.She was a lovely woman,very intelligent but she decided to end our relationship(personal reasons).

6. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Awww that's too bad.

7. daBronx

daBronx New Member

My neighbor's niece who lives someplace in Georgia called me this morning at 7:15 a.m.to inform me that hospice called her to tell her her uncle Wayne had passed from this life.He was 70 years old.Cause of death that will be on the death certificate is lung cancer.She called the apartment house manager too to tell him the news.So it looks like starting tomorrow his apartment will be cleaned out

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Distance.

9. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Looks like starting in May my Internet Service Provider ATT will be increasing my monthly service charge from $29.95 to $46.09.That's more than a 50% increase.

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

The death of a loved one.

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Oh no ... if this has happened in your life let me express my sincere condolences to you xx

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Nope. It didn't.

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Good news :)

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Right now? Umm..Paula Deen.

15. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Mother Nature right now. She is flooding our beautiful province. :(

16. June-

June- New Member

Are you in Alberta, FR?

17. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Yes, June.

it's bad, but we'll be ok.

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

The flooding is really bad :( People have died.

You can help the Calgary and area residents by donating to the Canadian Red Cross. :)

Stay safe FR xx

19. June-

June- New Member

Floods are the one natural disaster we get in our area. My heart goes out to all affected.

20. Titus

Titus New Member

feeling hopeless.