Question about this forum

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by barnyardbird, Sep 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Sorry but you are only intelligent in your own mind and I sure as heck don't view you that way, but I am sure your little aethist fan club of 2 or 3 might think so which is not saying much for them if that's the case. And again I will respect and believe the comments of those who actually know me best that have degrees and high paying jobs or careers, and I haven't been accused of being un-intelligent by any of them so far nor have I heard that from anyone else I'm in direct contact with everyday. Now am I highly intelligent - no(I was a c+/b- student), but I am smart enough and have enough common sense that I don't have to worry about getting by in life from here on out.

2. Cara

Cara New Member

No need to explain Intrepid..........YOU know what you have accomplished, thats all that matters. Repeating what you already did must be very frustrating. I was in a similar situation, I was still married to my ex at the time, but might as well have been a single parent working during the day, attending school at night. I didn't earn a degree, I earned a certificate, landed a job and LOVED what I did. So......why not give yourself a punch in the arm and say "atta girl", I do that all the time to myself now!

3. Perses

Perses Guest

Your country was founded on freedom? Really? What was slavery all about? What about women not being able to vote? Yup...sounds like freedom to me!

4. Cara

Cara New Member

Like I said before.....intelligence comes in many forms. Can I quote great people? No. Have I read a lot of books? No. Did I pass allgebra in high school? Only by the skin of my teeth. But........do I know how to comfort the sick when they are dying? YES. Do I know when to hold someone's hand and just listen and not say a word? YES. Do I know how to capture one split second in time with my camera lense? YES. Do I know how to make people feel at ease and totally comfortable and welcome in my home....no matter what their beliefs are? YES. Do I know how to cook? Oh HECK NO!

5. Cara

Cara New Member

Perses.................Ahhh, very good point! Making me think..........it was the idea, just took awhile to get everyone to go along with it, good things take time.

6. Cara

Cara New Member

Intrepid.....No we don't have to go out......BOB is a wonderful cook, I had to loose 12 pounds after marrying him because he is so good. Come on over..........he is a master on the grill! He cooks, I do the clean up.

7. Cara

Cara New Member

Chris.......my apologies to you for the personal attack. :-*

8. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Apology accepted and I'll try and control my passionate temper in the future if I can.

9. Perses

Perses Guest

Yes....let's comapre things that happened over 2,500 years ago to things that happened in a modern nation just over 100 years ago...

Great observation Einstein! Keep 'em coming!

10. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Are you not a U.S. citizen Perses?

11. Perses

Perses Guest

For someone as intelligent as you, it disappoints me that you do not know the history of your own nation.

Was what happened to the native indians, freedom?
    Was slavery, freeedom?
    Was prohibition, freedom?
    Was the treatment of Asian immigrants who built the railways and worked in the mines as slaves, freedom?
    Was not allowing women to vote?

To say that the USA was founded ON freedom is false and any reputable historian will tell you so. I studied American history in university and know what I have studied, been taught, and read.

Very few nations on this planet were founded on "freedom". In most cases there were undesirable circumstances, civil wars, followed by the fight for freedom and the implementation of charters and constitutions in order to uphold these freedoms.

12. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Dude every country has an ugly past of some sorts, and some of those things you mentioned was going on in other countries as well I'm sure. But why go there and why not enjoy what each country has to offer and all the interesting cultures we can all share with one another. Because I for one love the fact that there are hispanic, african american, indian, italian, canadian, french, and german people all around me in this country and find it all fascinating.

13. Perses

Perses Guest

Well, they do say people will take the easy way out when faced with a challenged....

Good night Sarita.

14. Perses

Perses Guest

Dude...read what I wrote again. We are both saying the same thing. I said ALL nations had ugly pasts as they worked to full freedom. This is all I was trying to tell Sarita, who for some reason, thinks the USA was born out of full freedom....

15. Perses

Perses Guest

Time to stop the drinking...its getting late.

You are right. I did reply to Cara. Then you, WITHOUT BEING SPOKEN TO BY ME AT ALL, had these two things to say TO ME (and I quote):

Case closed.

16. Perses

Perses Guest

Agreed. Have a nice night.
    :)

17. studio34

studio34 Guest

Dude, you've got some serious issues with this intelligence issue or your lack thereof. Where did I ever proclaim that I am hugely cerebral? I couldn't give a toss whether you think I'm smart or not. I mean seriously, why would I care in the slightest what a thug's your opinion is on that? And my fan club? Thanks for the compliment but let go of the delusions. All of the others here act on their own as I do. So a degree and a high-paying job = intelligence to you? LMAO. I'll say one thing about you Chris: you're an endless source of light entertainment.

[​IMG]

18. studio34

studio34 Guest

Cara -- very, very good photography there. What a pleasant surprise. One of the things I wanted to have a crack at last year was wedding photography as I have shot 3 with less than optimal lenses. On a trip to Toronto last September I went via New York for the soul purpose of visiting B&H and grabbing a few lenses that I needed. Turned out I was there on a Saturday and guess what? It's a Jewish owned shop and it was closed -- on a Saturday. LOL. I couldn't believe it. In the end my brother helped me out.

Thanks again for the link. I should shoot you a couple of sunrises I took here in Bondi sometime.

19. burd

burd New Member

Scott, my husband and I have dealt with B&H for many many years, well, pretty much since we began our venture into photography over 20 years ago, long before digital anything or ordering from the internet. Anyone remember those old fashioned order forms, you know, the paper ones you fill out by hand? ;) It's too bad you missed them, but don't let that stop you from checking out their website. Adorama is also an excellent place to order from. We've dealt with them for pretty much the same length of time and between the 2 of them have spent lots of money. Never had a problem with either one.

20. studio34

studio34 Guest

Hey Burd -- I really wish I could have seen the shop itself. I hear it's huge, the Mecca of camera gear. I would have loved to see that. Anyway, I think it worked in my favour because in the end I saved about 11% sales tax buying everything online, having the gear delivered to Atlanta, and then having my brother smuggle it across the Canadian border. I saved about $600!