Question about this forum

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by barnyardbird, Sep 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

That's a reasonable request Henry, so I'll ask it of you.

I did not say my mother was a devout Christian....you did.

I did not say she was the only Christian in our home...you did.

I did not say she was alone in her prayers and practising her beliefs... you did.

If you care enough to back and read what I actually wrote, you will see that I said we were raised in the church. There were other Christians there. We children were taught to believe in Jesus, we were taught to pray. We lived in the same house as our mother.

I have no idea what thought process my mother went through when she lost her faith so I can't imagine you do.

2. Jordan

Jordan New Member

I believe the reason they want to know your religion in some countries is so they can bury you properly if you happen to die while you are there. Different religions have different rituals for burial and prayer.

3. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

If believers want to continue kissing hank's ass that's fine with me but I don't want to be kissing hanks ass.

4. studio34

studio34 Guest

it's really heart-breaking things have gotten the way they have ... 75% poop-disturbing & 25% support.

There are three threads where discussion is going on debating various points of view and where most of it is very civil and interesting apart from the one rogue member who resorts to his violent outbursts when intellect fails him. I wonder how you'd react Joy if it had been me threatening a punch or any other non-believer in here? Ray would likely be inundated with ban requests and you'd be outraged – as you should be. But curiously that doesn't seem to apply in this case.

Note the threads where the discussions have occured are titled:

"Question about this forum"
    "Are we religious"
    "Question; could an atheist and a christian be married?"

And so why does anyone make a stink about a non-believer participating in these threads when they are completely relevant for all to participate? It's been said many times here already that if you don't want to read things posted by a non-believer then skip the thread. They're easy to spot by looking at the title; on the other hand, if you want to discuss it, join in and leave the "your point of view offends me" outside.

I definitely agree that if someone begins a thread requesting prayers for feeling unwell that for someone to barge in and say your belief in God is ridiculous is not on in this forum where they are looking for like-minded support. In fact, from what I see, almost all of the threads in this forum are exactly like that as they should be.

5. joy

joy New Member

Scott I'm not gonna start dissecting posts with you. Let's just spare everybody further poop & I'll pretend you don't exist & you pretend I don't exist, okay? No response required.

One point though - Ray doesn't need any help or direction or suggestions from me regarding who he bans & who he doesn't ban ... & I've never offered that 'guidance' to him.

6. studio34

studio34 Guest

Because there is nothing to dissect.

The thing is you do exist Joy and post things that make no sense and so it unfortunately requires a reply to make sense of any of it. I'd love for you to enlighten us on your recent attempt at statistics (the 75/25 report) with some evidence (data) to back it up. You could blinfold someone and ask them to select a post in here at random and it would almost certainly be supportive.

7. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

The problems alot of us with MM are facing Sarita is that science and medicine and humans are failing to cure or help people with this so far, so those of us who are believers rely on our faith and the love and mercy of God to get us through. As for non-believers I have no idea what you turn to when everything earthly has failed you and you're losing hope(probably booze or pills).

8. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

See Scott it's this pompous and very arrogant attitude that you have where you are much smarter and much more informed than everyone else that makes you an a-hole who deserves to be punched, and not so much the fact that you are a non believer. And there are a few others on here who think they are waaaaay smarter than they actually are, and must keep telling everyone that they are to convince themselves of this.

9. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

See and your problem is that you think you are all knowing and all perfect, and you snub your nose at anyone who hasn't had a perfect life and made perfect decisions because you are above all of that.

Just for the record I married a woman who was a straight A student throughout high school and was on the dean's list, then made A's and B's all through college and earned a masters degree in medical administration, and is the lead manager of compliance for a major hospital in this area. Plus she has never done a drug in her life and rarely drinks and has never been even close to being in trouble, and with all that being said she married me someone who is a low life according to you and your very high snooty standards. Not to mention my wife never utters a word about all of her accomplishments and is a very humble person when it comes to all of that.

10. studio34

studio34 Guest

Hi again Rocky - it is you who demonstrates such incredibe arrogance in your lazy misguided thinking. Still have the need to beat people I see. Why don't you go down to the gym and take out your little frustrations there. Every time you bring up your need to punch you simply highlight your inability to use your brain and intellect and look like a fool. Epic fail.

I'm starting to get the picture here with your past of drug abuse, failure at school, combined with your violent nature -- all starting to make sense to me. You must have had a rough time growing up. It's never too late to change Chris. ;)

11. Cara

Cara New Member

NO ONE........and I repeat........NO ONE deserves to be punched. These talks of punching and knocking someone out of the third row........well..........I thought you were a Christian. Its not how to behave. Different people make the world go around. And may I remind you that our country was founded on FREEDOM................one of those being freedom of religion..........believing or not believing. Maybe you do not belong in this free country of ours. But..........I was a survivor of domestic abuse for 27 years. That is the first time I have openly admitted it in public. Judge me as you may, I don't care, I had my own reasons for staying. But I simply cannot stand by in silence as someone states that someone deserves to be punched. Shame on you Chris, I think that your praying knees have gotten lazy. I simply don't remember learning physical violence in church.......hmmm.....nope in fact I'm sure I didn't.
    Now as far as Intrepied goes............ha! You don't wanna tangle with her. She is EXTREMELY intelligent, holds high standards for herself, works hard for what she has and I only wish that I could speak as intelligently as she does.

Just a warning............anymore statements of someone deserving to be punched I will report to the moderator.........I will report it to the moderator until I drive him crazy. And.......don't tell me not to read the posts.........I read Intrepids posts and will continue to do so whether I agree with her or not.........I had much respect for her!

12. Cara

Cara New Member

Studio34.........I don't have a lot of intellect........but I don't resort to punching..........LOL ;D

13. studio34

studio34 Guest

Cara -- you're wonderful and bursting with intellect. Thanks for your great post. ;D

14. studio34

studio34 Guest

Why haven't I seen these? Have I missed them on the forum somewhere?

15. Cara

Cara New Member

Ok Intrepid..........you just made me cry. Thank you, I was smiling while crying. I do think intelligence comes in many forms.........but I was referring to your intelligence with your words........I love it.

16. Cara

Cara New Member

Studio34......go to my webpage.......www.plumasphotoart.com

17. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Sarita - it's not just this thread or your post before my last one, it's how I see you talk to me and everyone else on this board in all of the sections on a regular basis. And it comes off as if you feel because you are going to school(and haven't even finished yet)and raising a child that you are somehow much more worldly and intelligent than everyone else, and I am not the only one who has noticed it and said something to me about it without mentioning any names. My wife was used as an example of someone who is also very intelligent and has accomplished alot in life, but that does not try and throw it around like a badge of honor or a trophy like you do(and she actually finished college 8 years ago).

Studio34 - I'm sorry that you were the wimpy kid growing up staying inside reading a bunch of books while others rode bike, played football or basketball, or went skateboarding. And so now because you have read a few books and maybe Googled a few things you feel the rest of us are un-intelligent or beneath you, but I guarantee you there's nobody lining up on here to say how smart you are and probably not in your everyday life either.

And for the record I do have a degree in communications that I received in the early 90's, but as anyone who has started out in radio or television will tell you - there's no money in it the first 4 or 5 years which is why I walked away from it because I had too many bills that needed to be paid back then.

18. Cara

Cara New Member

Hmmmmmm.............Was Bill Gates a wimpy kid? I guess he laughs his wimpy little laugh all the way to the bank every day.......I guess he laughs when he withdrawls all that money that he donates to charity. I guess he laughs at all the jocks who now work for him!

19. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Cara - no that is not a very Christian thing to say or do so I guess that is the human emotion side of me making those statements, and I've never been much of a "turn the other cheek" guy I guess. But for the record I haven't had to threaten to or actually hit anyone in my everyday life in about 20 years; because for one it's a last resort for someone that has a big mouth and continues to run it(a guy not a female), and secondly most people know when a conversation is not going well and that it's time to agree to disagree and walk away or change the subject. But Scott strikes me as someone who might not know how to do that(at least on here), and wether it's me or some guy waiting for a bus downtown you have to be careful with approaching people & pushing your beliefs on them in a very condescending manner. I will at least give someone a couple of warnings to back away, but there are some kooks out there who might go as far as shooting you first and asking questions later over these type of issues(and I would never even think about that & don't even own a gun).

20. studio34

studio34 Guest

And the replies become ever more ridiculous and absurd. The only person here who comes across us unintelligent is you mate. You remind me of a select group of thick jocks at my highschool who could barely add two numbers together without watching a few neurons blow smoke out of their ears. I chose the ski team.

If reading a few books and using Google could relieve you of your brain lazy ways and raise the bar a little bit -- even a millimetre -- then for the love of your God, do us all a favour and Google something -- anything.

Sarita does not come off as someone who is all high and mighty. She is someone with a brain who uses it which for you appears to be very new and scary given your responses here. Instead of slagging her off, take some clues from the experience.