Rating biblical commentary

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Apr 29, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

www.bestcommentaries.com

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Which one is your favorite?

3. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I don't necessarily think that "Stories with intent:A comprehensive guide to the parables of Jesus" by Klyne Snodgrass would be my favorite but I think it would be an interesting read.

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Do you have a Bible study group near where you live? You might enjoy exploring teachings with like-minded people.

5. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Christ Church Parish is nearby but I haven't looked into whether they have a bible study group.I'm not entirely sure a bible study group would be for me.I attend church but not too often.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

From several of your posts here I get the impression you would like to know more or confront your ideas with others of your faith. A Bible study group is a good place to do that. You can always change if you don't like the Christ Church Parish. There's a church on almost every street corner in most cities.

7. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I only attend Christ Church Parish because it's convenient.It's only a few blocks from where I live.
    I enjoy going to the seniors center for lunches and discussions.But I can't do that now as I'm recuperating from TKR surgery.

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Hey, David, how are you?
    Terrible accident by you today!
    Just saw it on the news.

Can't you watch Masses on the computer?
    Don't any of your friends, or neighbors visit you?

I met a Lovely Europeon woman today, looking for a live-in, permanent position, for nursing care.
    She is willing to go anywhere for a permanent position.
    Her name is Yanna, she's in her 40s, tall, thin, and has a glowing, friendly personality.
    Her last position was for a woman who was elderly, and passed away.
    She wants/needs to work quickly.
    If you, or anyone who reads this know of somebody
    who would be willing to interview her,
    Let Me Know!

:)

9. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Gina,What can you tell me about this Yanna?Does she have nice chimychunga's?

10. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I'm not going to dignify that with answer.

She is a beautiful person, inside and out.

11. Michael

Michael New Member

Unless you can actually read the Bible in it's original language. I doubt I will find your intrepretation very compelling.

12. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

What is the intent of your post? That there's a lot of books out there about beliefs?

13. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Biblical Commentary:

I really enjoy listening to Preachers, and our Father Jack is the best! He makes you feel like Church is supposed to feel, peaceful, and a close knit part of the community!

Welcoming, and embracing, goodness,.....just Love.

That is my Commentary! :)