S.Carolina woman sees Jesus in an MRI scan

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by barnyardbird, Oct 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-los-angeles/s-carolina-woman-sees-jesus-an-mri-scan?cid=examiner-email

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

You know this is funny and you may call me whatever you wish, but before I was diagnosed I had an appointment for an open MRI. As I lay there - scared and nervously awaiting the thingy bopper that rotated around me - I swear I felt His presence there. And when I closed my eyes I could see only a face that was recognizable to me as Jesus.

Call me crazy or whatever but before MM struck I was studying to be a profiler - forensic psychologist - so I am not too sure if that label would be accurate.

3. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

'Tis strange that this woman in South Carolina who thinks she sees the image of Jesus in an MRI doesn't realize that according to this article,The Real Face of Jesus:
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/forensics/1282186
    Nowhere in the New Testament is Jesus described.

4. June-

June- New Member

I was thinking the same thing. We have no idea what Jesus or Mary looked like yet every man's face in anything is Jesus and every woman's face is the Virgin Mary. I guess the thought is it is miraculous that a face appears so it can only be done by God and who else's face would God use. Is that it?

5. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I know - He is never described. Having lived in a Middle Eastern country - the mind can calculate what image or features He could have. But I swear I felt His presence. I watched a show on the tele where they showed a 'real' image of what He may have looked like - taken from the Shroud. Ditto - my image was spot on. Now could have been mind or imagination on the appearance but for feeling His presence and feeling not alone & at peace - that is non disputable in my mind & heart.

thank you for listening and not turning my words or debating - it means a lot.

6. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i hadn't clicked the link before i posted - wow the testimony is similar to what I wrote and when I viewed the scans - I could see a face as well - clearly a Middle Eastern looking face ... and that is all I am going to say . :)

7. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

A middle east face with short hair,not long hair as he is usually depicted.

8. Daize

Daize New Member

Her feelings of picture is strong and the journey she is on of cancer, this helps her very much and I feel that is wonderful.

9. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

thank you so very much for not turning my words into something else - it is nice to be able to express honest emotions and memories without that churning in your stomach that someone will twist or taunt you for being you!

I think if you look for something in a postive way - you are apt to find it.

10. Titus

Titus New Member

I agree :)

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Why would we even question...Here is what Jesus looks like:

[​IMG]

We choose to have faith in Jesus, so I suppose we choose our own personal image of Him. So until I know differently, this, or something very similar, is the image I choose. And I fully expect that when we meet Jesus, there will be no doubt which one in the crowd He is, and that we have seen Him.

12. studio34

studio34 Guest

If I saw that face in an MRI of my brain I'd have a heart attack.

Why is it that Jesus decides to show up on people's toast, spaghetti or on an MRI? Wouldn't it be easier to just knock on the front door and sit down for a drink like regular people do?

Here he is on a toasted ham and cheese sandwich.

[​IMG]

13. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

If He did stop in for a drink, I would expect it would be red wine. And the toasted cheese would be on unleavened bread.

14. Perses

Perses Guest

For members of the Greek Orthodox church, the second largest Christian faith after Roman Catholocism, Jesus has been depicted in this manner for over 1,700 years. It is a style that originates from the Byzantine period. It is the style one will find if they visit the Holy Land and various other churches in Jerusalem. I have personally been to churches in Greece that are over 500 years old an the paintings are exactly in this manner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. studio34

studio34 Guest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Pareidolia (pronounced pa-ri-DOE-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

16. joy

joy New Member

"For members of the Greek Orthodox church, the second largest Christian faith after Roman Catholocism, Jesus has been depicted in this manner for over 1,700 years. It is a style that originates from the Byzantine period. It is the style one will find if they visit the Holy Land and various other churches in Jerusalem. I have personally been to churches in Greece that are over 500 years old an the paintings are exactly in this manner."

There are lots of paintings where Jesus is surrounded by men & women who are clearly dressed in clothes from the 1300-1400's. I suppose they painted what they knew ... & inserted Jesus as they chose. They're beautiful, as are those Greek Orthodox paintings.

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

this is most queer - as my daughter whose gifted and has a very high IQ, and my step son who is also intelligent and I ... can all see faces and such in clouds - trees - etc... we were all in a boat on the river laying down and face up we could see the same shapes faces in clouds or trees - my step son's dad could not see anything.

18. rev

rev New Member

If she "sees" Jesus, good for her. If you or I don't, it doesn't make it less of a reality for her. If we do, it still doesn't make a difference.

I'll never understand how or why some threads are started. I am familiar with Pareidolia. We try to make sense of what we see, even filling in blanks for what is missing. In Japan, I am told that they tend to see a rabbit on the moon rather than a man. That doesn't automatically take the meaning out of her or Aladdin's experience.

I don't care if the toast had Jesus or Elvis! If it is Elvis, give me some peanut butter and banana.

19. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

And next thing you know you've got a cult on your hands and sales of Kool Aid start going through the roof.

20. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

Scott--I saw some creepy things in my MRI, but they looked more like little gargoyles than Jesus
    I did think I saw Mickey Mouse in my Pizza one night, but that hardly qualifies as a spiritual event in my book
    psychedelic Jesus or just a mystic from the desert? (or a mystic from the dessert if you were to see this in your bowl of pudding)
    [​IMG]