S.Carolina woman sees Jesus in an MRI scan

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by barnyardbird, Oct 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Thanks for that post Hollymm, much appreciated.

As for the seeing of images in reflections, shadows etc. I think we're hard wired to look for patterns. It's very useful from an evolutionary perspective - recognition - of your 'tribe', of dangerous things, helpful things, comforting things. Have you ever read the Oliver Sacks case study 'The man who mistook his wife for a hat'? It demonstrates how difficult it is to live without the ability to recognise patterns.

Thanks again for your post - good to know someone else understands.

2. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

A good friend of mine swears this is what Jesus looked like...

[​IMG]

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Welcome to the spiritual corner, Larry. We've been waiting for you!

4. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

Will the real (allegedly real) Jesus please stand up.

5. rev

rev New Member

Started to challenge this, then realized I might be taking it wrong. The part that has me questioning the intent is "(allegedly real)".

If it is a joke, it misses the mark on me. If it is something else, I would hope you recognize that we are trying to have a time of equilibrium per Jim's request of peace, love, and good times.

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

It's perception. Speaking of images, my wonder is if man was made in God's image, what image what woman made in? There's a pretty big difference... And where is that description in the Bible? From Adams rib isn't an answer.

PS, INS, at least we're on the same page...

7. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

Nope,no joke.I just find it hard to believe that there ever was a Jesus Christ.Other than the Quran which states that Jesus was a Prophet,not the son of God,no other evidence other than the NT claims his existence.

8. studio34

studio34 Guest

Advanced forensic science says he would have looked like this:

[​IMG]

9. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

How would science have come to that conclusion? Because of the way most indigenous people look in that part of the world?

10. Perses

Perses Guest

Peac and love to all! ;D

11. studio34

studio34 Guest

Brilliant!

12. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I think now it has Chris

13. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Two words for what I just saw and read...........juvenile & ignorant.

14. rev

rev New Member

BYB - Do you think it possible that Pliny, Josephus and others would have missed an opportunity to set the record straight as the NT came together, spread, and grew in popularity? Wouldn't it make sense to counter the stories about someone returning from the dead and performing miracles, being seen by hundreds, and then ascending into heaven? Before you dismiss this as a weak argument for Jesus' historic existence, I would point out that it isn't much different than what you reference as a lack of proof serving as your proof.

As to the Quran, it was written much later(about 500 years) and has to rationalize Muhammad, which is tough if Jesus is the Messiah. So, to validate the "new prophet", the existing savior had to be redefined and relegated to prophet status for followers of Allah.

Kind of interesting that you ask Jesus to stand up, when He tells us that a time will come when every knee will bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord. He did stand up. He made salvation possible to anyone that will call upon His name and believe in their heart. He did more than stand, He died and then rose from the grave. He bridged the gap between man and God, Heaven and earth.

15. rev

rev New Member

About the Perses pic, Jesus might have looked something like this. He was a carpenter before they had power tools. It would not be unreasonable to believe him strong and fit. I think the caption is very wrong and blasphemous. Guess Perses being a Greek Titan god of destruction, a product of inbreeding of brother and sister, then himself breeding with his cousin has a tough time with the virgin born Son of the one true God. How ironic this name you have chosen. Someone who denies higher powers has poorly chosen one with which to identify.

We (both sides) have been trying to at least tolerate each other and have been doing better for the last few days. Lets please try to return to our prior civility. If you are wondering- yes I am reporting this one to Ray. Feel free to do likewise.

16. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Good for you Rev and hopefully others follow suit.

17. rev

rev New Member

Didn't say that about our Perses, but about the Greek Titan. If modern Perses is a believer, I would love to help him consider a non-pagan nickname. I did label and judge him as someone who denies higher powers. My apologies for that. I would ask him to clarify the point, so that I might know without trying to guess.

I'm trying to get back to the truce.

18. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

I remember reading possibly in the Book of Matthew(?),that the alleged Jesus said to his flock,"There are those standing here today who will not taste death until you see the second coming of the son of God".Well the second coming of the son of God not only didn't happen but those standing there eventually died and the world continued on as it has for the last 2007 years.
    You say Jesus rose from the grave.Who saw him rise up from the grave?Was he in human form when he rose from the grave or was he a spirit when he rose from the grave?What I read and understand that 3 women over the course of 3 days washed his body and annointed the body with oils.When they left and came back the door to the tomb was open.Now lets look at this logically.If he was a spirit and rose up to heaven,why would he need an open door to get out?Wouldn't he just rise up through the top of the tomb?If on the other hand he was still in bodily form and the door to the tomb was open,what makes you so sure he rose up instead of a Roman soldier who most likely stole the body?
    Also as you know he was crucified on a Friday night.Pilate would not have crucified a Jew on the Sabbath.
    You see Rev,your religion is no different than Judaism.Jews believe that Elohim will one day return to Earth and like Christianity neither god has returned to Earth.Oh I'm sure you'll say that he's coming,well I've heard that thousands of times before and still the alleged Jesus has not returned.
    As a personal note,I have read and met a number of atheists who at one time was either a priest or a minister,i.e.Dr.Gerald Larue,Dan Barker,Frederick Uhl,Earl Doherty(sp?)
    No Rev,you haven't said anything new that I haven't heard before.

19. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Sarita that was disrespectful even if it was on the moon, and is something that I might see my 18 year old nephew posting because he doesn't really know any better.

20. rev

rev New Member

Names have always fascinated me and they often reveal much about the person, especially in a place where they can choose their name. I'd like to hear from P rather than have a discussion where he is the topic.