Sad news to report

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Oct 7, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Harold Camping is back again.He now says the world will end on Oct.21st.Sigh,that doesn't give me much time.

2. June-

June- New Member

No it doesn't. Better shape up and send him some money now!

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Harold Camping isn't the problem. It's the people who believe him that are. I am always fascinated by groups, alliances, allegiances and their fervent need to believe or belong that is so strong, it overrides any rational or logical thinking.

Emotions are scary when used this way. I feel so it must be true and I must believe. More people need to question their feelings because they can deceive and make the false appear true.

4. daBronx

daBronx New Member

You sound like one of those athiests.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Same way you sounded like one of those prejudiced people in your place on the bus thread :D

6. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Except I wasn't being prejudiced.There are signs placed on the side front windows of the bus that state specifically,"For seniors and disabled".I was only trying to sit on my rightful place on the bus.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Right.

Similarly, I wasn't being an atheist in my reply as much as pointing out how some people blindly choose to be part of a group that will simply follow some man or leader without deeper questioning.

How one sounds may not correspond to how one is.

8. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

sarita, you are so profound... :)

9. Tara

Tara New Member

I was raptured last May. These are the clothes I left behind typing. Gimme some pie.

10. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Didn't work out too well for the Heaven's Gate crew..

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Let's not forget that 2012 is the end of the world. Will I plan accordingly? Nope.

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

He will come like a thief in the night and only the Father knows.

13. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

I thought it was this Friday,now?

14. Steve333

Steve333 New Member

sorry for the bad judgment.

15. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

Okay.

Steve, I think this thread was sort of tongue in cheek humorous thing to begin with.

16. June-

June- New Member

Steve, read The thread carefully. Everyone on this thread is on the same page. There isn't any debate going on. As max said it's tongue in cheek.

17. Tara

Tara New Member

Someone needs a hug.