Severe Headaches?

Discussion in 'For Friends & Families of Menierians' started by Kayla_K75, Jul 9, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Kayla_K75

Kayla_K75 New Member

Does anyone get these with Meniere's? I got the worst one of my life two days ago, and it scared me.

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Kayla... a headache like that is probably more indicative of Migraine. Make sure you let the doc know.

3. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Greetings. Please ask youself the following:

Is the headache I have just experienced a new symptom? If it is new then contact your doctor directly. It is possible it could be a side effect of medication(s) you are on. Your treating doctor should be made aware of any new symptoms.

Are these head pains something I've had before? If so then consider reading up on Migraine Disease and Migraine Associated Vertigo (MAV). Many symptoms of Migraine Disease mimic Meniere's Disease. "Living With Migraine Disease and Headache" by Teri Robert or "Heal Your Headache" by David Buccholz are two easy to read books on the subject.

Educating yourself may help lessen the fear of the unknown. It can also help you be a partner in your medical treatment. Here is a site that has a wealth of information about vestibular diseases. http://www.vestibular.org/

Good luck.

4. burd

burd New Member

Check out this thread (1st page, then skim thru the next few until page 8, then read start reading from there)
    http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,29072.0.html

Many with migraine associated vertigo, MAV, don't even get headaches, but since you have, please research this disorder.

If your headaches are new to you, please go get them checked out as soon as possible.

5. jesseandalison

jesseandalison New Member

sounds like cluster headaches this is what I'm currently going through tonight and it is totally kicking my butt !!
    This is my 5th night with them and I think I would rather have a migraine and the spins than this....
    the ER and my neuro have me on prednisone and my imatrex and say I should get a ox tank and face mask to
    help the blood flow so maybe on monday
    I will take a trip to the home health care office and pick one up.
    Are there any other suggestions you guys might have?

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Those are awful. So sorry you are having a cluster headache. I do get those ones that go on for days and it's just awful. I don't have any suggestions because I don't know what you are doing to keep those headaches under control. Just wanted to say I feel for you because I know how draining and painful they are.

7. jesseandalison

this is my 5th day and they last about 4 hours or until i can fall asleep!

8. tm53

tm53 New Member

No headaches with MM here. Check out what Burd's suggestions.

9. jesseandalison

thanks all for the help, you all are great in my time of agony

10. jesseandalison

I kinda hope this is the end of my mm burn out or one can wish huh!

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's a double whammy if it is MM and migraines. I hope for you that it is just one or the other.

12. jesseandalison

my new ent and mm doc say it's superior semicircular canal dehiscence syndrome
    and my neuro now says no mav but cluster headaches.
    the nice thing is no spins and migraines for the past week just one dilated pupil and one blood shot eye and half my head is killing me.
    I have had 1 ct 2 mri 1 ultrasound 5 dr visits and 1 ER night. So I guess I go back to ent and neuro on monday and hope they will just
    give me a assisted suicide :-} on a positive note my new baby girl is now a month old and is now sleeping for 3-4 hour stents at night.

13. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Congratulations on the baby and her sleeping at night :D

I know the feeling of bad head pain all too well. Hope yours passes soon.

14. jesseandalison

thanks!!!!
    I think i'm going to go try to get some sleep now, nite nite

15. jesseandalison

Well I'm up again with a cluster headache that hurts so bad I cant sleep and i am siting here moaning and in tears.
    this f ing sucks !!!!!

16. Kayla_K75

Kayla_K75 New Member

Thank you all for the replies.So very helpful and appreciated. I had no idea about the "double whammy" of both MM & Migraines. I need to see another ENT Doctor. The veritgo is the worst symptom for me,I can't drive anymore, walk, housebound, can barely do normal chores in the home. It is a living nightmare for me. I feel so alone & like crying most of the time lately with each episode/attack.

17. burd

burd New Member

It doesn't necessarily mean you have both. The treatments are different for each one, even though they can cause the same symptoms. Be sure to research both separately. Many have been able to improve their health on their own when suffering from migraine.

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Some have both and it is possible (but not necessarily so). Hopefully your medical provider has ruled one of the two conditions out or confirmed them both. Sometimes it is a fine line but there are differences between the two conditions.

I'm sorry you face such rough days. I hope it eases up for you soon so can get some good rest on all levels.

19. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

" Be sure to research both separately. "

Yes! :)

20. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I get what seems clusters of migraines and then will vanish for awhile. They aren't normal cluster headaches but migraines as they respond to imitrex and nothing else.

sorry - i know these hurt