Sharing a profound meditative dream...

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by solari, Nov 19, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Ever since I started meditating on a regular basis back in spring, my dreams have also gotten more profound and memorable. Often there are hidden meanings within for me to figure out. I do also experience, feel, and see things during some of my meditations and I share them with a group of friends via email.

Thought I'd share a recent one here. The Barbara I reference below is one of my mentors and she often refers to me as her little brother:

---

I had a profound dream/experience last Saturday night that I wanted to share with you. It was quite unusual for me and not one I had experienced before...

I experienced this dream in two levels of awareness -- from the observer me and from the participating me, and our lovely Barbara was with me.

We had arrived at some sort of holy place, nothing grandiose or anything, but holy still -- a regular wooden style chapel out in a remote location. I knew we were going there for me to undergo some sort of ritual and Barbara was there to accompany me and help.

Inside, we were greeted by a youngish monk type fellow and we all got right to business by sitting down close to each other on the wooden floor.

He had what looks like an artist's paintbrush but with no paint or anything on it. I gave him my hand and he held my hand and my thumb so that the thumbnail was face up. Then he took the brush and stroked it over my thumbnail a few times and each time as he did it, different symbols showed up on my thumbnail. I don't remember all the symbols, unfortunately. Each time the brush flowed over my thumbnail, I felt myself going backwards, sort of like falling backwards or being sucked backwards and I'd also feel intense bliss increase.

The monk seemed to be aware of what I was feeling and seemed to be expecting it. After several brush strokes, the intensity level inside me was becoming almost unbearable (brings to mind the perfect phrase, "The unbearable lightness of being") -- just intense, intense ecstatic bliss that I would feel during some meditations when I reached the highest levels of being.

As I felt I was about to reach the point of no return and was hovering there on the edge, I started seeing thin strands of smoke lazily spiraling its way upwards, much like smoke floats from an incense stick. At that moment, the monk flipped the brush around, placed the blunt end of it on the tip of my thumb and pushed hard. As he did that, I felt a sudden rush of even intense energy and also felt myself being whoooshed backwards rapidly, finally pushing me over the edge. Within seconds I felt complete release, went unconscious, and blacked out. I do remember just before blanking out, thinking: "Finally."

Both the observer me and the participating me was out like a light.

After an indeterminable amount of time I became aware of this deep, slow breathing. It felt much like the breath of life. Each breath, as it flowed through me, was like a form of energy bringing me back to life. The observer me came to and I looked down and saw all of us still on the floor -- Barbara had me cradled in her arms, gently holding me from falling over as she and the monk patiently waited for me to come back. I remember looking at my upturned face, seeing my eyes closed and my mouth slightly open as I was still unconscious. I had this look of absolute and utter peaceful serenity and Barbara had a slight smile -- she knew what was going on and was merely waiting for me to return.

The participant me started feeling that deep, vitalizing breathing and I started to slowly wake up and come to. Just before I did, I had this feeling of accomplishment, that I did what I was there to do. And then I woke up.

And then I really woke up seconds later. :) My energy was soaaaarrring and I still felt this intense bliss all around. Then I went back to sleep, knowing that I would not forget this and remember to write about it later.

This was one of the more profound dreams I have ever had -- profound in terms of deep feeling and intensity. Even just thinking and reflecting about it later would send my energy spiking in a big way and that profound feeling would fall upon me. Walking on the San Felasco trail just before sunset I was reliving the dream as I floated through the woods and my eyes watered up just remembering it. It was very, very surreal and I feel this dream/experience was a significant moment or event in my life.

I couldn't tell you what the purpose was or any other details -- only that it was very, very real to me in the ether realms and a step forward for me somehow.

Ray

2. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

;) seems you were recieving a very intense healing and rebalancing in this dream/astral....sometimes we dream but it isn't so much a dream as going into a different place/dimension............the symbols could have been different levels of energy .taking away the different parts that have held you back...during some of my healing sessions and meditations i have on my site there are many various things that people will say they saw or experienced..some people would prob think we were all mental with half of the things that we have seen or felt :D i remember dreaming i was floating and there were i will say angels as i don't know how to describe them all around and doing different things.i was very poorly at the time but i felt so different when i woke up and i just knew that everything was going to be alright....i have had many strange dreams/astrals/visions/visitations whatever they were called and not always when i have been asleep...it's really good to read this keep on posting :) :)

3. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

"that it was very, very real to me in the ether realms and a step forward for me somehow"
    A very unusual and poetic dream and well recalled and depicted. The fact that you see it in the light of some sort of epiphany (re your quote) is also a bit unusual. I think many dreams have the ability to help us "take a step forward", but I think this potential often goes unrealized because we don't give dreams due credit. I can only recall 2-3 times in my life when dreams seemed to be somewhat instructive.

I encourage you to continue to articulate what you experience in dreams. Having a pen and paper by your bed (and even writing a note just prior to going to sleep saying "I will remember my dreams") seems to help, especially if you take the time to write about your dream immediately after awakening.

Interesting places your sleigh has been taking you in the firmament EEEEEEEEEEEEEEvil S

4. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

That was a very unusual experience Ray, as I read it I didn't get the feeling it was anything with any Spiritual message from God but just your mind maybe learning to relax or something, as a Christian I have never been able to provoke a Spiritual response, they always come unexpected, but I have had many dreams like you are describing, of course they are your dreams and maybe you will find a connection somewhere that will give you the meaning of them, Please tell us more about them as you have them, we are interested!!

5. Titus

Titus New Member

I have had what I call "awake dreams" They are a state where I know I'm dreaming but I can stop the dream at any time. They always happen right before I fall asleep. They are vivid and they seem to be symbolic. Isn't the mind incredible?

Ray, keep us posted.

I also have some recurring "regular" dreams. I took a short course in dream interpretation but forgot most of what I learned. One dream is trying to figure out my age. It seems like I'm always younger and I'm trying to figure out if I made it through high school or college or how many courses I still needed. This dream occurs about once or twice a month. I get hints in these dreams as to how old I am but never a clear indication. When I wake up, I'm usually very disappointed to discover I'm 55 :D It must be those UGG boots :D

Tonight I'm going to try some guided imagery. A friend with a PhD in clinical psychology and an ordained Methodist minister took me through some guided imagery sessions using some of the New Testament. It was powerful and it helped me let go of some guilt and shame from my past. For those of you who know the story, it's the woman with the "issue of blood". He put me in her place and had me touch the robe of Jesus. When I finally visualized it happening, the tears flowed and peace came down on the issues I had.

6. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Wow pretty neat.... I never remembered my dreams until I started meditating again... sometimes I get more than I bargained for!