shartsoe

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Apr 15, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Oh and don't do bicep curls. They are pretty useless. Find some functional workouts you can do that work your whole body and mimic actions in real life situations.

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Examples?

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Do push ups and planks instead.

4. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

If you want to hit the abs quickly/efficiently with one move dont forget the good old bicycle maneuver. EMG studies continue to show its a great activator of the abs. People often dont like it but it works the abs well.
    I do planks sometimes but not a lot.
    http://www.acefitness.org/prosourcearticle/3680/reality-check-are-planks-really-the-best-core

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

^^ I think she was looking for arm work but bicycle is great for abs,I agree.

6. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Planks, absolutely one of the best strength exercises!! Love to hate them ;)

7. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I was originally thinking weights for my arms, but truth be told its my abs that need the most work. Dying to get back into a bikini again and thinking of piercing my belly button! LOL

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

OK. Let me know when you are ready and I'll come up with some stuff for you to do.

FYI I was at my worst when I went through my vegan phase. I was a vegan for 3 years so a total plant based diet. My energy level was low. My hair started falling out. My MM symptoms were bad and I had headaches 4 times a week. I used to go to the gym back then too but I quit because I was so low on energy (anemia and B-12).

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Get in a bikini and pierce your belly button regardless. Life's too short to wait for the ideal moment. Just do it!

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Gym day today. Ran 6 miles yesterday. We're on schedule for the half marathon training. First 2 miles were challenging then my body just accepted that I was not going to back down :D

How are you guys doing?

11. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

Pierced belly buttons are sooo out of style now...

12. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Good job my friend! Having a goal to work towards helps with the training for sure. When is your half marathon?

Today I had a goal of doing my walk on the beach and saying good morning with a smile on my face to each person I passed. I noticed that most people are in their own little world and often do not speak. I decided if I brought attention to myself by using my arms as a focus point people might be more apt to smile. So off I went, I did all kinds of arm exercises while I walked. You would not believe how many people smiled at me and greeted me. It was amazing! I feel so happy that I was able to put a smile on someone's face this morning through exercise. It's going to be a good day.

13. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I don't know. I have no tattoos or piercings (only my ears) on my body. I like clean skin :D

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It is the first week of June but I have a piriformis injury the sports chiro is treating so it depends on that. I am keeping up my mileage but dropped one day of training a week to see if it helps.

I like setting goals, no matter what the field. I think that without purpose we are lost and become 100% absorbed in our symptoms. Purpose helps me get out of my head, sharpens my focus and reminds me that the world is bigger than Meniere's Disease.

15. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Great! It'll match the rest of me! :D

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

You and me both :D :D :D

17. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

Now, now ladies! You both look stunning! :)

18. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Piriformis injuries can be tough to get over. Ice became my drug of choice when I was dealing with piriformis issues. A frozen bag of peas did the trick, ice, ice and then ice again. Also a tennis ball, sit on the ball and roll away.

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Thanks red. I'm doing all that. Fortunately the chiro visit made a big difference in a positive way. Seeing him again this evening. He does active point work that hurts like a b...but feels so great. I've been foam rolling a lot too. I hope it doesn't become another one of those things that drags on.

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Stunning is a bit much but nice save :D