SinuPulse machine

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by rondrums, Mar 18, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

I posted a grumpy message yesterday about my sinuses flaring up due to oncoming rain, and the ensuing dizziness.

Well, I got busy and used my SinuPulse machine three times yesterday and two times today, and my sinuses simmered down, and so did the dizziness.

This thing is cool. It's like a Water Pic for your sinuses. It pulsates and gets the cillia moving. I use distilled water, 1 part salt and 2 parts baking soda, plus I dissolve a glob of Mupiricin ointment (a topical antibiotic) in the water (My doc recommended this). Then, I blast out my sinuses.

Since a lot of Meniere's people have related sinus allergies, I recommend it.

The only thing to remember is to use distilled pure water and sterilize the tip every time before you stick it in your nostrils.

It's somewhat expensive, but I think it's worth it. I wasn't getting much relief with the usual saline sprays and stuff.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=Sinupulse&adid=22222222220206476736&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=e&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=24086782518&wl4=&veh=sem

Bless all,
    Ron

2. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

great Ron, glad you got relief!

3. kraunque

kraunque New Member

Excellent, Ron! May have to give this a try.

4. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Very cool machine

5. June-

June- New Member

Is this on the order of an automated netti pot?

6. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

No, a netti pot just runs water through your sinuses. This machine has an electric pulsating feature, similar to a Water Pic. It gets the cilia moving--the little hairs in your nose and sinuses that are supposed to sweep out irritants and germs.

I think it's a good idea for anyone with sinus allergies. It hasn't cured my allergies, but without it, I'd be a lot worse off.

Bless all,
    Ron

7. dwaynehoover

dwaynehoover keep exercising!!! if you can

Wow! I just got the sinupulse on your rec. and I am showing improvement 3 days straight! Ron, what else did the doc say you could put in besides the antibiotic? That is "creme" form I assume as opposed to ointment? and not prescription stuff?

8. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

It's a scrip, and it's ointment. I throw in baking powder and salt.
    This machine really helps.
    Bless all,
    Ron

9. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

might have to give it a try....does it come with everything or do you have to purchase additional recurring items?

10. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

You put in your own saline powder, etc.

11. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

can you buy the recurring items at walgreens?

12. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

You can buy packets of saline powder at Walgreens, but it's cheaper to mix your own. It's just baking soda and salt.

The Mupiricin ointment requires a scrip, but it's inexpensive.

13. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

is the Mupiricin an antibiotic? is it safe to use tho? just saline/baking powder should also be helpful?

14. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

The saline solution helps with inflammation. My doc recommended adding the Mupiricin to kill bacteria in the sinuses.