Special K Diet Products...they are new and wonderful!!

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by angels29, Jan 20, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. angels29

angels29 New Member

Hi! Well like many of us I try to watch my sodium intake and I would rather splurge on weekends than during the week. Well I have been going crazy on what to take during the week. I eat at my desk and cant stand waiting for my turn on the microwave. So lunchmeat I know is a no no....cant stand tuna fish, what else is there?? So....Slim Fast products are a no no as well...for one thing you cant stay on them long term...they also can hurt your kidneys, did you know this? South Beach Diet has very good products but some taste yucky. Well now there is Special K diet products! They have protein meal bears, snack bars and their usual cereal bars and snack bites, and of course their cereals for the cereal lovers. www.specialk.com These are very safe and you can do them indefinitely without worries! They taste WONDERFUL!! Now they are a diet product, so they still taste like a diet product but they really are delicious!! I have a meal bar for breakfast, a meal bar for lunch with a nonfat yogurt (light n fit by dannon), then when I get home before doing my workouts I have a snack bites pouch and a piece of cheese and then anything for dinner. This really works and works without worrying about chemicals and such and it is something you can do long term for better health too! South Beach comes in 2nd place for me because of the chalky taste of the bars and their meals and sandwich wraps are high in sodium. I just found these and wanted to share! Also drink plenty of water. Everyone should know that anything clear counts as water...you dont have to drink just water! Take care! (((hugs)))

2. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Thanks for the info. I saw the commercial the other day and was wondering how they tasted.

Maggie

3. angels29

angels29 New Member

Hi! Oh they are the best tasting meal bars I have ever tried and I have tried them all, hee hee! I was afraid because they taste so good, how can they be good but I looked at the labels and everything and it looks like a safe product to me. A heck of a lot better than the Slim Fast stuff, which is mostly chemicals. Ive only used the meal bars but I am sure the snack bars would taste good too. They say protein is essential. Take care!

4. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

angels,

They are pretty low in sodium. What is your daily sodium goal? You need to be careful the idea is to keep the sodium intake even all day. The bars do sound good.

Tracy

5. angels29

angels29 New Member

Hi! Oh I do watch my salt intake, another reason why I use these for breakfast and lunch. Dinnertime wont be so hard anymore since the sodium in my dinners still would make my all day count low using these products. I only do this during the week and just watch what I eat on weekends. I also workout with Leslie Sansone indoor walking programs about 3-5 miles a day plus drink water and clear liquids. I was just so pleased on the safety of these and they taste the best out of all the meal bars I have tried.

6. dizzyme

dizzyme New Member

I lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks on the Special K diet. Of course I didnt stick to the serving size of 1 cup. But it is still in my sodium range if I double that.

7. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

i really like the cereal bars, yummy

8. angels29

angels29 New Member

Hi! Also I wanted to recommend having a yogurt with one of the meal bars for lunch, it really makes it alot more filling!

9. sbtier

sbtier New Member

Wow, viral marketing at its clumsiest!

10. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Susan - I guess I don't understand....what does that mean? ???