Spiritual Cleansing

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by pardonme, Aug 21, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. pardonme

pardonme Guest

2. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Truth is a great cleanser. Just fessing up. It purifies the soul. It casts off wayfairing spirits. Gets it out of your system.

3. pardonme

pardonme Guest

4. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

now what could you expect me to say Di except, "Mexican Food"?

5. pardonme

pardonme Guest

6. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Prayer, communion, ocean, water of any moving sort...spending time with my animals...watching the fireflies at night...

7. pardonme

pardonme Guest

8. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i laugh btu yes...i love water even puddles...

9. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Sometimes in the morning before the sun is up and anyone else is at the shop I go outside and sit on the back of the truck and God and I have a corp. meeting of sorts. I "let my hair down" and tell him what I'm feeling. I say my prayers in the morning before I go to work but this is special time.
    About a week ago I was sitting out on the tail gate of the truck and I heard a soft sound up and to my left. There on a tall structure next to our building was a huge owl, just sitting there watching me, we sat there for the longest time just watching each other. Then he took off and I went back inside to start work. And yes water is great, being in Florida I should be able to go to the beach more often, but I never seem to get the chance.
    I guess I need to change that.

10. pardonme

pardonme Guest

11. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Sit quiet, well use to .. now with a fan -(tinnitus) cleanse my mind.. get rid of what needs to go, I give it up to God. rest my mind my heart and my soul, Cleanse my Chakras....Thank God for what I have, Thank the Angels for watching over me, Thank family and friends who have passed for the signs they leave me..

12. pardonme

pardonme Guest

13. egross

egross New Member

Ocean, birds, butterflies, nature, Metta.

14. karenlr

karenlr New Member

I am not sure what kind of owl it was other than very large. This afternoon we had a hawk come and sit in the same place. We are noticing more and
    more wildlife moving closer to the shop. Rabbits, coyote, turtles even come and pay us a visit from time to time.

15. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

For me it's meditations and a good old reiki shower :) also water i find very cleansing and as there are no waterfalls near i picture myself stood underneath a rainbow coloured waterfall, each colour represents each of the chakras and just below my feet it's made of healing crystals whichever is needed at the time.to the left is a beautiful meadow and to the right is a beautiful sandy beach ,depending on the amount of cleansing or healing needed depends on which way i choose to go to dry off, lol i almost got carried away there ;D ;D

16. egross

egross New Member

I went to a Reiki master years ago and he put his hands over my solar plexus, not touching me, of course. What happened was unbelievable. This incredible energy rushed up and out of my body. I can hardly describe or give credence to the experience. I was very exhausted but very serene and almost zombiefied afterwards. That guy had some powerful stuff. Wasn't long after that experience I knew I needed to end the relationship I was in.

17. pardonme

pardonme Guest

18. egross

egross New Member

Amazing stuff. When I started practicing yoga and meditation it was years ago. There was a program on TV called Lilias, Yoga, and You, on PBS. I loved Lilias, she was great. She's still around, has dvd's. I should get some. I usually just do it on my own. But it's nice to have a teacher to lead and another so your not alone. I like her soft manner and humor. Anyway, she always ended with a short meditation session. After doing for some time, one time at the end while doing the meditation my body felt like it lifted off the floor, then it spun to the right a few times then stopped, then spun to the left and few times then stopped. This happened everytime I would do the yoga. I was freaked out about this and did not understand and afraid that I stopped. How unfortunate. Too bad I didn't contact the local yoga center, but didn't know, I was so young.

19. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

it's amazing what reiki can bring up also, i've made people cry, not intentionally mind but it's so strange to see different reactions from different people :)

20. joy

joy New Member

"...How about you?
    Do you have some cleansing methods or moments you would like to share?"

Last week I read over all these & thought "I don't have anything like that ... not even sure what 'spiritual cleansing' really means ..." Then Friday after work I took Em & her friend & went to the park. The moment I stepped onto the wooded part of the trail I realized the definition of 'spiritual cleansing'. It's like God's magnificent creation just washed over me & through me & I took this big breath & ... ... ahhhhhhhhh.