Success - no more dizziness!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by charleston, Oct 23, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Spinnin, as you know, because we've been emailing, obviously this diet has had a tremendous impact for you. It's great you and Rick have worked it out. I just am guessing something else is going on though, like an allergy to certain types of food, or gluten. Most diabetics don't get vertigo when they hit 70. I know 5 people who are diabetic, or insulin resistant, and they have never felt this. So I'm just guessing you have something else adding a complication. Maybe I'm wrong. As I've said, I "feel" 70, but just the feeling of needing to eat. No MM symptoms at all. They are very easy to separate for me. Just my experience......best of continued luck to you. Lisa :)

2. SpinininOhio

SpinininOhio New Member

Lisa

I am sure that allergies are involved in my case. Also, I am not saying that 'all' diabetics (I'm assuming the 5 diabetics you know don't all have Meniere's symptoms as well) should/do get these symptoms. I'm not even sure why I'm getting them, I am only stating that I am getting them. In fact, in a store today. Started feeling really punky, then starting getting dizzy, buzz started increasing, eyes started seeing funny (another hypo- alert for me). Reading: 54. I think that the compromised mechanism of the ear may be more sensitive to changes that are happening throughout my body due to the hypoglycemic episode; and that may be what is happening to the other Meniereians who experience various hypoglycemic episodes (e.g.: some Meniere's people get Meniere's symptoms with a low sugar/ not diabetics get Meniere's symptoms with a low sugar.

If I had to guess why after 17 years of IDDM, I'm getting them now, it would probably be since I went on the GI/zone/non-gluten diet, but I don't know that. The one thing I have learned is that the reason allopathic medicine refers to this as idiopathic is because it is a multi-headed hydra - I think there are probably a variety of actual problems that present themselves in a variety of different ways with a variety of symptoms amongst all of us. I take from all posts what I think applies or I can learn from; and I leave behind the stuff that doesn't apply or make sense. And I try to share as much as possible so someone else may find that small bit of information that could launch a personal investigation that leads to symptom relief.

SpinininOhio

3. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I think that's great that you share it all, Spinnin. We all have to try several things sometimes to get any relief at all. I'm so glad you found some, truly. Best of continued luck.......Lisa :)

4. SpinininOhio

SpinininOhio New Member

Lisa - I hope, too, that my response did not sound harsh because I did not intend it that way. As in any communication, how one writes and how the other reads something can be vastly different. You are right... we have to try several things sometimes to get any relief at all. By your signature, it looks like you have some challenges. How is the Meniett doing for you?

SpinininOhio