Success stories

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by james, Mar 14, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I have had bilateral Meniere’s for over 30 years. I was diagnosed in 1975 after a vertigo attack sent me to the doctor.

The first 25 years my symptoms were 24/7 tinnitus, episodic fullness, episodic debilitating rotational vertigo, permanent hearing loss in my right ear, and fluctuating hearing loss in my left ear. Twenty-five years after my diagnosis, the fluctuating hearing loss in my left ear became permanent and I now wear hearing aids.

I have no other illnesses such as allergies, asthma, thyroid issues, sinus issues, etc., that tend to aggravate the symptoms.

My vertigo attacks were frequent initially and usually lasted up to twelve hours. After learning how to take proper care of myself, I was able to reduce the frequency of attacks to a couple a year.

I have been in vertigo remission since early 2003, and have learned to accept and ignore the 24/7 tinnitus. Occasional fullness is not a problem as long as the vertigo stays away! Hearing loss and noise sensitivity (aka recruitment and/or hyperacusis) are ongoing challenges that are met with technology. A strong will and determination have helped me compensate for any balance issues.

My doctors advised against surgery citing typically greater risk than benefit. They also advised against meds saying they tend to mask the ability to adapt.

I am careful about my salt intake. I reduced my caffeine and alcohol intake. I don’t smoke. I have benefited from exercise, adequate rest, drinking more water, and learning how to manage and cope with stress. Once I started taking better care of myself, I was able to cope with the symptoms.

The worst symptom was vertigo. But even with episodic attacks, I managed to live my life and do what I wanted to do — work full time, finish college, raise a family, travel, and fulfill my passion for baseball by becoming a season-ticket holder and spending a lot of time at the ballpark.

The most important thing is to never give up. And each time it knocks you down, get up and begin again.

2. Samara

Samara New Member

Up and down for me. Recently fasting with a strict diet of green veggies really helped me. Took my symptoms down a few notches and brought my hearing in again. It hasn't lasted well though as I added some foods back in. I'm also still taking 1500 mgs Valtrex. daily. I amm slowly getting hold of this stuff. It is hard. Not eating much is no fun! I am very thin now though : ) if that counts as a good thing...

3. Samara

Samara New Member

Linda thanks for your post. I needed to hear that!!! You are a tough one for sure. This is definitely the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. Especially the disappointment when a treatment shows signs of working but then stops being beneficial. I'd rather have just about anything else but I swear one way or another I will conquer this stuff. I'm not going to let it destroy my life. Thansk again for your story. It really helps.

4. IainD

IainD New Member

I was doing quite well after 6 months on the JOH regimen, went two months with no vertigo or dizziness, all that remained was very quite tinnitus and ear pressure. Unfortunately I've taken a backwards step over the last two weeks, experiencing dizzy spells 2 to 3 times per day and the only thing I can pin it down to is changing to a cheaper brand of Lysine, which is the only component of the regimen I have changed. I'm back on the dearer brand of Lysine and hoping things will improve.

In the meantime I'm really paying attention to my diet, making sure I stick to the low salt and trying to eliminate additives as much as possible.

I have to own up though, I had a relapse on the diet tonight. My wife cam home with some cumberland sausage that had been made from pigs bred on her cousins farm, believe me, after a fortnight of salads it was divine!!

5. Coach M

Coach M New Member

Well, I did some very destructive and disturbing treatments, but they worked. I have been vertigo free for about a year, and I do not have symptoms that cause me to alter my day whatsoever. Lots of dex, lots of gentamicin, etc. I had several months where I felt like a zombie as my body adjusted to the treatments. But my hearing is good, my balance is good, and I am doing the job I enjoy.

I have been the head football coach at this school for about two months now, and I have been over there nearly every day, training the players, going to booster meetings, etc. I took over a program that had zero money in the account, which was scary. They had also not purchased any weight room equipment for some time, and my training regimen involves alot of olympic lifting and speed training, which requires equipment. My asst coaches and I put on a spaghetti dinner fundraiser and raised $3,000 in one night. We have a big dinner auction coming up in April, so I am working on that as well. Our kids are very poor, but they have great resiliency and are working to be succesful.

In the meantime, we are making do with what we have. And the players are improving dramatically every day.

So that is what I have been doing non-stop for the last two months. But I will never forget my MM friends. helped me through a brutal time in my life. Thanks again.

6. Funshine

Funshine New Member

I was diagnosed with Menieres, or cohlear hydrops in March 2009 by a Neuro-otologist.
    I was placed on Diuretics and a low salt diet and basically told that I had a chronic and progressive condition and that I could never eat a piece of pizza again, lest I pay with symptoms, due to the sodium content..
    My symptoms are off the chart tinnitis and aural fullness.
    In July/August of 2009 I started the full JOH regimine. My symptoms perisisted but fortunately did not progress.
    I continued to search for answers and I am so grateful to those of you who have suggested Acyclovir
    I was tested and my viral titer was over the top so I was started on Acyclovir.
    Fortunately, at this point, my symptoms have not progressed and for the first time in over a year I awoke I did not hear the familar roar of tinnitus in my right ear! I am not saying that it is gone but I have not experiened silence in so long it....it was amazing!
    I visited with Neuro-otolgist recently for follow up and my hearing is NORMAL! My low frequency loss documented a year ago has not progressed.
    In addition, my doctor, Dr. Bartels, told me that he believes that the Acyclovir will work for a lot of his patients as he has seen it time and time again. He recommends taking the medication for at least a year!
    He also recommended increasing the dosage to 3 times a day during periods of stress. For the first time since being diagnosed I feel as if I have hope! and I would like to pass this on to all of you! I also believe in the power of prayer and I have prayed for many of you who are suffering with the beast.

7. Hello James and what a great idea. Here is my success story..... I have not been on the board in a while because I have been feeling a lot better. Here is my readers digest version. I started having vertigo in 2005 when I was in my mid 30s and it was only once in a while. In July 2007 I got the full blown vertigo for weeks and it went away a few months later. In July 2008 it returned and wouldn't go away and I found this board. I thought I was going to lose my job of 18 years and became very depressed because I had knock down toilet hugging vertigo almost every day. I ended up losing 15 lbs in a month. I found a new doctor that specializes in MM. I had a lot of hearing loss, ringing in the ears, and fullness all the time. He put me on a water pill and valium which controlled it so I could function. In Sept. of 2009 I became sick of taking meds all the time and I never felt "normal". I went from exercising and coaching sports to laying on the couch. I really wanted to try and kick it so I decided to go with shunt surgery. On December 3rd 2009 I had the surgery. I have had no knock down vertigo in 3 months. I still have about one day a month where I don't feel "normal" but its way better than before the surgery. I never miss work and my life is a lot better. This board is a great tool but people have to realize that some people get better and just stop coming here! It can be fixed or controlled and people can get better! Keep your head up! I try and check back and hopefully my story helps someone else.....If anyone has questions, drop me a email.

Steve

8. Cara

Cara New Member

I was diagnosed with meniere's and BPPV almost 3 years ago, but symptoms began about 5 years ago. Last year symptoms got increasingly worse for me, day to day was a struggle, full blown vertigo attacks about every 3 weeks, and also daily low grade nausea and dizziness. In November I tried vestibular rehab and it has turned my life around. I feel good every day and have only had one small vertigo attack since then. I am so thankful each and every day that I feel good and that the treatment helped me. I also don't think my hearing is dimineshing any more (for the time being). I still have fullness and tinnitus, but hey..........thats a walk in the park compared to how I was just a few months ago!

9. ajm0623

ajm0623 New Member

The JOH Regimen: A One Year Success Story!!
    (Originally) Authored and Posted 23 September 2009

Re-Posted 18 March 2010 on the request of “James”

Updated Posting - The JOH Regimen: An 18 Months Success Story!!

“James” sent me a PM recently asking me to re-post my success story with using the JOH Regimen in my battle against MM. I was, of course, more than happy to do so - as even if it encourages just one person to try the Regimen - I would feel like it was worth the small effort. I am happy to report that 18 months on now I continue to lead a normal life with NO MM symptoms save for the tiniest amount if tinnitus and the continued hearing loss in the affected ear. I follow the full Regimen every day, and it has become so routine that I don’t even think about it much anymore. My life is as normal and busy as it has ever been continuing to travel globally for work and play (I spent the month this past February skiing the Swiss and Italian Alps with zero MM issues!), to exercise without fear of falling down and to proceed in my daily family activities as if I never suffered with this awful Disease. I have not been back to see my MM Doctor; there is no need to do so! Once again, I cannot thank enough John for providing this approach. A complete stranger in my life, I’ve never met him, never bought him a cup of coffee, never shook his hand. And yet, he gave me my life back. Full stop. It’s hard to fathom and understand why I stumbled upon this “fix,” but I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth. However, without the JOH Regimen, I don’t know where I would be today. Probably on the floor spinning and vomiting! As such, the only way I know how to thank John for giving me back my life is to simply “pay it forward.” As such, here is the repost from last year. And if it helps anyone else – I’d be MORE THAN HAPPY to discuss my success with the JOH Regimen. With anyone. It is nothing short of remarkable.

Original Posting (23 September 2009)

Summary
    The JOH Regimen has worked for me brilliantly for one year’s time now. My Meniere’s Disease had progressed over the course of the last 17 years or so years to the point of where I was experiencing severe vertigo, recruitment, tinnitus, and hearing loss. The debilitating nature to which this diseased progressed left my doctor with limited options to control this beast - ultimately culminating in suggested invasive actions including brain surgery. I figured there had to be other options that were not being presented to me so I took matters into my own hands and found on this site the JOH Regimen; I had nothing to lose so I went for it. And am I glad I did! John’s research and charity in sharing with us his “cure” has been nothing short of remarkable for me. I have been on the straight and narrow for one year’s time now following the JOH Regimen daily and offer this testament to its success. To John – saying “thank you” does not do justice to how you helped me. I hope through this submission, I can help just one person like you helped me – a complete stranger - by encouraging them to follow your regimen.

Introduction
    My name is Andy, and I am inflicted with Meniere’s Disease (“MM”). I am 42 years old and work as an international management consultant in the area of alternative energy. After 20+ years in the same industry, I now have global responsibilities for my Firm, which require many late hours and a lot of air travel – some of it being international. My telling you this is important as I know many of you on this board have a hard time with working long hours and air travel due to your MM affliction; it is important to my success story with the JOH Regimen.

I noted an abnormality in my right ear when I was roughly 25 years old, but it was more of a bothersome “plugged ear” feeling that I couldn’t get to clear. After trying to clean my own ear wax out of the ear, which didn’t help, I went to an ear doctor and had both ears professionally cleaned. That didn’t solve the problem, either. I consulted a doctor and he was at a loss as to what the problem might be. I lived with this “plugged ear” for a year until I noticed the on-set of “hissing” in that right ear and that peoples’ words to me were sounding garbled. Back to the doctor I went to try and explain once again the “hissing” sound, which I failed to do adequately (“sounds like the hum of a jet engine drone” I said.) as he was unable to diagnose the hissing, which later I learned to be tinnitus. He was unable to discuss a diagnosis for the garbled language, either, chalking it up to ear wax, which I knew after a year of cleanings was not the problem.

Diagnosis
    In my late 20s, I went to see an ear doctor that specializes in all things disease-related to the ear and under his suggestion I under went a battery of tests (hearing, brain MRI, full physical in addition to my annual physical, cardio and stress tests). What was determined was that I was physical fit for my age (okay – maybe slightly overweight/haha) and that there were no issues with brain tumors or other brain functions as determined from the MRI other than the problems that I was complaining about with respect to my right ear. My hearing in the right ear was definitely impaired with the “plugged ear” feeling and the fullness feeling as well, the tinnitus and the garbled voices, but I was fortunate in that I had really good hearing in the left ear. The results of all these ordered tests were inconclusive as to the diagnosis of any disease - as even when MM was discussed with my doctor - it was dismissed straight away as the hearing loss pattern in my right ear from the hearing test was inconsistent with that of a MM patient. In the end, I was sent along my way with no real answers – just a lot of expensive medical bills.

A few years went by and the “plugged ear” (and the feeling of fullness) in that ear got worse, the tinnitus got worse, the word garbling got worse to the point where I would have to get to a dinner party early and claim a seat on one end of the table so my good ear (the left ear) was pointed in the direction of the other guests so I could hear. Likewise, I was constrained at industry conferences and other public venues to ensure that my vantage point was such that my bad ear was against a wall or at least pointed in the direction of someone from whom I cared not to hear! I got into the habit of turning my head so that the good ear was positioned near where a person was speaking so I could hear what s/he was saying. I recall once on a flight where he was sitting to my right that a colleague of mine asked me if he had bad breath. I said something along the lines of “gee, I don’t know (don’t get in the habit of getting that close to business people), why?” And he replied that I kept turning my head when he spoke, and he thought it was that I was trying to escape his garlicky breath when - in fact – I was doing so that I was able to position myself better to hear what he was saying. I quickly learned that I needed to reserve seats on airplanes that were to the right of my colleagues so my left ear could be better positioned to hear what they had to say – not any easy feat over the constantly loud engine roar.

Because the symptoms were getting worse, I returned to the ear doctor that ordered that battery of tests and implored him to re-examine me and reconsider my case. Another set of exams like the ones previously showed the exact same results with one exception: the hearing in the right ear had gotten worse. (I could have told him that as I was now almost completely deaf in that ear). He told me that the left ear was boarder line “super-hearing” status due to a compensating mechanism the body creates, I guess. I told him that a diagnosis of “no opinion” was not acceptable any more and from that point forward, he decided to treat me as a MM patient even though my hearing loss pattern was diametrically opposed to the pattern typically witnessed in a MM patient.

Treatments
    After the diagnosis, the typical “stage 1” treatment was ordered: no alcohol, no caffeine, restricted salt intake, and diuretic tablets. I followed that for several years into my mid-30s with varying degrees of relief. I just learned to “live with” the reduced hearing and the annoying buzz from the tinnitus and the occasional flair up of recruitment. I never had problems with air travel and the changing air pressures never really bothered me as I read it has bothered some on this board. It took some adjusting to the new diet and the reduction in alcohol intake. As my doctor said, “this new regimen won’t make me live longer, it’s just that life will just seem longer!” That made me laugh to the point that I still remember it ten years later!

Due to circumstances beyond anyone’s control, I changed ear doctors in my later 30s and began seeing the renowned MM doctor that many on this board have seen or discussed. He took my case, ordered a whole new set of tests for his files (naturally), and began treating me. I noted that into my late 30s, he continued to treat me similarly as the previous doctor had been treating me with continued varying levels of success.

However, it wasn’t a year later that the MM entered its next phase (the typical progression), and the sweats came, the recruitment was so severe that a fork tine on a plate would send me to the moon, the vertigo began and the resultant immediate vomiting and the inability to stand or walk ensued. The attacks came fast and furious and would last up to ten days at a time. I won’t rehash the ugliness here as many of you are intimately familiar with symptoms of a MM attack – and I had them – in spades. This new phase was definitely more than just annoying as was the previous 15 years; it was debilitating to the point where I could not work. Hell, I couldn’t stand up let alone make it to the office or the airport. I had to crawl everywhere – mainly from my spinning sweat-soaked bed to the toilet to lose what little I could eat during those dark days. Needless to say, this next phase scared the bejesus out of me as I didn’t know what to expect at first. I thought I was having a stroke or a seizure of some sort and was caught completely off guard.

Back to the doctor once this first violent episode occurred to tell him all about it, and he understood perfectly what I was telling him. He told me that the disease had progressed to the next phase and that I controlled it for as long as I was able to do so with diuretics and the dietary restrictions. He prescribed some valium to take when the next episode was coming on and then talked about the various options available to me to “cure” this MM disease once and for all – ranging from Gent shots to brain surgery. I left his office stunned never thinking at all that I was going to have to endure brain surgery for this once annoying bothersome buzz in my ear! I was completely gobsmacked, and I’m not even British! After several more rounds of episodes and learning to live with them eventually getting the timing down right and recognizing the on-set symptoms, I accepted the fact that this was going to be the way I was going to have to live my life. I was fortunate that as a management consultant I could set my own hours but knew that luxury would not last forever. But for the time being, until a “miracle” cure could be found, I would have to go on saddled with this awful, awful disease; this was going to be the cross I’d have to carry for the rest of my life.

When the episodes became more and more frequent causing me to become sicker and sicker and miss more and more work, I decided to revisit the options that my doctor presented me earlier in the year. The Gent shot/ chemical destruction was first up followed by other attempts to control the episodes (Meniett devices and such) and finally the dreaded brain surgery. He did prescribe SERC, which I had made at a compounding pharmacy and that stopped the vertigo dead in its tracks. However, when I realized that all of these options were only “control” options with little guarantee of future success, I decided to take matters into my own hands and that’s when I came across the “miracle’ cure that I needed all along – the JOH Regimen!

Implementing the JOH Regimen
    I found my savior, John, on the internet by trolling this site. I was willing to try anything to avoid what seemed like non-proven body-invasive high risk surgeries to get myself righted once again. I read with child-like excitement about how the JOH Regimen could help me (86% success rate sounded good to me!) with just a handful of pills a day! I was in the midst of a severe (twelve-day) attack when I found the strength somewhere to order via the internet the various vitamins and tablets needed to properly on-board the JOH Regimen as part of my daily routine. I followed the JOH Regimen to a tee and found quick long-lasting relief that I still enjoy today! Here are the details of my JOH Regimen journey; I memorialized the dates so I could report back some day:

I was already on SERC from my compounding pharmacy which took the place of Vertigoheel or the Cocculus Compositum that is discussed in the JOH Regimen when I began the JOH Regimen.

6 Oct 08: Began the JOH Regimen by taking 3000mg of the L-Lysine (no food)
    13 Oct 08: Added Lemon Bioflavonoid (2x/day) and 10mg of Vinpocetine
    15 Oct 08: Increased the Vinpocetine to 30mg/day
    20 Oct 08: Added the Ginkgo Biloba (1x/day) and the Beta 1,3 Glucans (3x/day)
    27 Oct 08: Added the C2000 (2x/day), E400 (1x/day), and MSM (3x/day)

I maintained this “full strength” regimen until 10 Nov 08 when I was already feeling so much better. Hydrops abated on 16 Oct 08; Vertigo stopped on 21 Oct 08; recruitment was gone by 28 Oct 08 and the tinnitus had reduced significantly by the 27th Oct 08.

12 Nov 08 (only one month after I began the program): I began reducing from “full strength” to “2/3 strength” by stepping down my intake of some of the pills and tablets. The only discomfort I felt was caused from the MSM (after trial-and-error testing) and reduced that element from three to one tablet a day.

1 Jan 09: I again stepped down my intake from “2/3 strength” to maintenance where I am today. I discontinued the SERC entirely and (unrelatedly) added Vitamin D 2x/day at this point, and I have been following this approach ever since:

a> Wake up: 1500mg of L-Lysine (3 pills) with no food

b> Breakfast at least 60 minutes later and take with breakfast one pill each of Lemon Bioflavonoid, C2000, E400, MSM, Vitamin D

c> At Dinner, I take one pill each of Vinpocetine, Ginkgo Biloba, Beta 1,3 Glucans, C2000 and Vitamin D

One Year Later
    I am now on the reduced “maintenance” level one year on. I have not had an attack of any sorts at all in the year I’ve been on the JOH Regimen. I no longer have recruitment or vertigo (or the sweats or vomiting), the tinnitus is there but just in the background – abated somewhat 90% from its full strength (!!), and whilst I have not regained my hearing, I seem to get along just fine these days without having to position myself strategically with colleagues on planes, at dinner, at conferences like I once had to do. Perhaps the hearing has returned somewhat. I really should have that checked but because the JOH Regimen has worked so well for me, I have not seen my doctor in over a year’s time. When I first started the JOH Regimen, I asked him about it, and he immediately dismissed it saying, “that will not work; you need brain surgery.” As you can see, I am a little reticent to go back to him these days given how well I feel and how well this Regimen has worked for me.

I realize I could be in “remission;” however, I view the glass half full and believe every day that this JOH Regimen has “cured” an otherwise incurable and idiopathic disease. I got my life back, and it is due entirely to the research and public endorsement by John of the JOH Regimen. I don’t know how to thank this man - who I never met - other than to “pay it forward” by writing this testimonial about how he and his approach “cured” me. I think of him three times a day when it is “pill time.” And I couldn’t be happier to think about a person whom I’ve never met – three times a day! I purposely waited a year to publish this testimonial. I wanted to test the JOH Regimen fully before I took the time to write about it. However, it has helped me - and if you took the time to read this entire epistle - and you suffer as I once did, give the JOH Regimen a go. And stick with it – taking the pills at the various times of the day with and without food as required and directed. Chances are you’ll feel better. And perhaps for a very long time to come!

10. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Ajm0623,

On behalf of all those who will benefit from your so-detailed posting of your experiences with my Meniere's regimen, I thank you greatly. Once again, it makes my day.

I want to make clear to other readers that this account represents a good number of similar experiences by others -- who don't otherwise check back in and report their results. They just go on living life in a rather normal way. There are many more such un-reported regimen successes than can be accurately determined. I get a few personal email thank-you's, so I know they occur.

For those wondering what all of this is about, please read and consider very carefully my latest, up-dated write-up on the regimen, here:

http://www.menieresresources.org/Resources/HomePage?action=download&upname=ANewApproachToMenieresDisease-TheJohnOfOhioRegimenJan2010.pdf

And ajm, so glad to hear of your wonderful results with the regimen. They parallel mine exactly.

And that's why I participate and contribute to this board. I, too, faced a most discouraging and disabling future when Meniere's took full force with me. Fortunately, I was able to devise a regimen that worked so very well for me, and I then felt obligated to get this information out to others who, like yourself, might benefit.

The real hero here, however, is Ray Solari, the person who puts up the time and funds to maintain this, the best of all Meniere's information sources on the global Internet. None of the several alternative Meniere's approaches posted here, whether Henry Sullivan's work with NUCCA chiropractic therapy, PapaJoe's and Rick's food and allergy approaches, nor mine, would have anyone getting any relief from any of these.

The medium (this website) is not the message. But without the medium, there would be no messages. Just how many would otherwise still be suffering from our horrendous disease.

The only regret or discouragement is that the greater medical community still dismisses all of these good approaches. One Meniere's "expert" claimed that my regimen is merely a "shotgun" approach, with the decided implication that one would be a fool to even consider it.

Of course, has this MD (medical doctor, not Meniere's disease) ever asked to see any of my expansive regimen-user results data? Of course not. I have over 200 accounts (including the one above) documenting profound successes as described. But these accounts are of no significance in the conventional medical community. There will continue to be two separate ways of dealing with Meniere's. For most, it will be whatever the good doctor prescribes. And the numerous postings here reveal just how long-term successful those tend to be. But for a few others, willing to look at alternative approaches that have demonstrated records of success, such as Hank's, PapaJoe's, Rick's, and mine, there can be an elevated level of hope.

And I mustn't forget Ray himself. With his elevated vitamin C therapy, which he is personally experimenting on right now, another successful way to nail this disease may appear -- how wonderfully right on the Meniere's board he created. Ray's earliest notes on his vitamin C therapy look very promising. We await.

My best to all.

--John of Ohio

11. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I just found these 2 -

http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,25215.0.html
    http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,25165.0.html

12. Seattlekidz

Seattlekidz New Member

I think it's a wonderful idea.

13. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

oh what wonderful success stories :) - bravo!

14. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

Maybe you could add your story here too.:)

15. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Thanks Sweet Tater! I have been going through old posts looking for success stories,but there are so many posts here that it will take time.

If anyone knows of someone who is doing well and hasn't posted in a while,maybe you could pm them and ask them to post again or link it up?

I think we need to hear these stories!

16. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

You're welcome. I agree. I know it helps me to read them. Gives me hope and also we can see what others are doing to get relief.

I know that I don't come here very often when I'm feeling better so if those who have had success could just post about it and it could be added here then it would be a helpful tool for others even if they never come on here anymore.

Hopefully this can be put in the database soon.

17. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

18. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

I'm sorry to ask . . . but what is NUCCA?

19. Funshine

Funshine New Member

I love this thread! Again success for me...JOH, Acyclovir, and Prayer. If JOH is not working fast enough, the Acyclovir will give it a push....and prayer NEVER fails!
    I feel everyone should start the JOH ASAP when diagnosed with "Menieres" and if the L-Lysine is not enough, I feel antivirals should be put on the table ASAP. Some people have obtained relief after long periods of exposure to this disease but have lost hearing most likely due to nerve damage.
    Someone on this board says we have to be our own doctors and that I agree. We are leading the way with our own experience and research on finding a "cure." Conventional medicine is just not that interested in this disease most likely because clinical trials are difficult to prove due to the characteristic remissions of "Menieres."
    Most doctors will follow the conventional flow chart, and as their patients become more desparate for relief, will perform destructive surgeries. I was willing to consider needles in my ear to get rid of the feeling of fullness, loud tinnitus, hearing loss and pressure inside my head. It was overwhelming and felt so sick during the attacks. I never had the vertigo, but the symptoms I had were enough to drive me to consider injections.
    I wish to thank JOH too, many times over, as I had PMd him when things were going bad and he encouaged me to stick with his regimine. I am so grateful to him and so glad that I did.
    My hearing loss is reversed, and though I know it can be characteristic of this disease, I still feel that had I not started JOH when I did that this would not be the case.
    Pray for insight and guidance for your own healing.....or as I have heard said in the past...leap and the net will appear.

20. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association: www.nucca.com