Success stories

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by james, Mar 14, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

In all fairness; I can not read long posts nor can I read long printed material. (not now) maybe someday I can but I can not read - simply - longer than a paragraph at a time so if I try and go back and read something say the next paragraph - I have not retained the first paragraph and thus a circus evolves. I miss a lot of good information - I know and I have had to lose one of my favorite past times - reading - but I appreciate when someone takes the time and writes a synopsis version and/or just gives me the meat of the lengthy post - it helps tremendously - especially if the words are redundant or lengthy and say the same thing but different ways.

I am a writer and write for magazines/newspapers - which is most challenging but I manage with help of editors (thank you Linda) and others - MM has stolen a lot - my ability to read is one...scrolling down on computer is another and just in general being on the computer longer than 5 - 10 minutes is as long as I can manage. I've learned thru writing and having my word edited - that a lot of words are not always benefical - (sp) - I've learned to say what I need to say in as little words as needed as it is a benefit for the reader - :)

I use to take this as a personal insult as I would spend hours writing words of eloquence and well what I thought great - but as soon as an editor got ahold of it I realized that I wasn't writing to benefit others but show my skills and talent - boy did I take it personal at first until I began to realize the benefit of writing for others - I think I am a better writer now (or am learning to be) and my ego does not get pinched or hurt as bad - I learned it wasn't about me but about writing for others and what is best for them - now I am being redunant and will beg leave

2. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

In all fairness, Aladdin, what are you saying? Should people only write short posts? I a missing your meaning.

3. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I came back to look for typos - and no post should not all be short- not at all - there are a lot of people who eally benefit from facts and long posts that spell out step by step instructions and such...but there are also people like me who - well whose trigger is reading and computers and simply can not read interesting long posts but would benefit from a blurg about the 'meat' of the post - I know there are others like me and to be honest I don't understand fancy words and find myself lost and/or trying to look up in dictionary (regular or medical) :)

but when there is such a lengthy post say five to ten paragraphs or so - what would be great would be a synopsis or a ? - sorry my eyes are bouncing now and hurting - but like in grad school when we wrote a paper we have a synopsis and a conclusion (sp) again sorry eyes hurt -

4. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

The synopsis is that Rosie was very ill with Meniere's. Was about to go full time disability. Then her son came down with his own case of Meniere's symptoms. Both went to the upper cervical chiropractor and both got cured. Now she's back doing what she loves, teaching. This all in her own words aver a matter of a few months. Hooray for Rosie. I'll start putting a synopsis at the beginning of the success stories. Of course that will make them even longer. :(

5. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

abstract that is the word :)

6. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

merci dear hank merci :)

7. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

oh mea culpa - - i read your words again and saw the frown you weren't being genuine - i feel small again

i truly beg leave and well it is so hard fighting this disease/s and other situations and then mis-read words or meanings - ciao

8. nassman

nassman Guest

This one sentence alone shows how little you know about meniere's, it's triggers and the meaning af being considerate of other peoples' needs.

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

You missread nothing Aladdin. You read too much in a frown. I need to look up mea culpa.

10. Minnesota Man

Minnesota Man Menieres symptoms off and on for 3 years, left ear

Currently mine is a success story but as we all know it can be a remission...only to maybe rear its ugly head again.

I had a year and a half remission before it came back for 6 months and now no vertigo for a year, however still hearing loss and tinnitus. I can live with that as long as the vertigo stays away. I am hoping the the full JOH regimen this time rather than only part last time will keep it at bay longer. It is nice to have a plan of attack which will include antivirals if it comes back with the ugly dizziness and vertigo again. I was on a diuretic for 3 years and weened off of it two months ago to see the effects. So far other than occasional increased tinnitus I have had no negative effects from going off of it. I wanted to get off medication as well as these diuretics are not always a good thing long term.

Hopefully all of us can find peace and permanent remissions. There are a lot of potential treatments that work for some and not for others and hopefully someday a defined cure for this. I believe the only thing that makes sense is the viral theory and it sounds as though more and more in the medical field feel this way as well as antiviral treatment has been working wonders for more and more folks all of the time, including the JOH regimen.

Good luck out there all and keep up hoping :)

11. MamaBear

MamaBear New Member

Hello,
    Good idea!
    I wrote a post on this forum a few days ago regarding MM symptoms and Anti-viral drugs and how it is helping me get my life back. It was named 'two week up-date on Anti-virals'.

Blessings 2 U,
    Mamabear

12. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Aladdin, of course, the purpose of the "long" posts I have recently placed is to provide the first hand account of the success story. Yes, I could place summarized versions of these stories here in my own words; but doing so would have little meaning because then they become 'anecdotal,' simply more stories about people folks don't know based on third party accounts. Like Ray said, these posts can be printed out individually. They are chronological, even dated. They can be read in someone's own time, checking them off as he or she goes. But I do not see a way to convey the authority and impact of a first hand account by summarizing in my own words. But I will try to do a more thorough job of summarizing a lengthy post with a lead-in paragraph.

I never would have thought that first hand success stories by people who have beaten Meniere's symptoms, written as it happened, would have been so controversial placed into a forum for folks who suffer these same symptoms. I can understand Nassman making some issue about this because he appears for all intents and purposes to be more interested in being right, than either himself, or others, being well. And the folks he choses to root for, he chooses on his own terms. And that has never changed. And whatever happened to the notion that if you don't want to read something, don't read it? Who among us is being forced to read anything posted here? These posts are meant to inspire folks to understand that they can do more to rid themselves of Meniere's symptoms. They can persevere. They can risk just a bit. They can reach and grasp the brass ring. I don't know how you inspire others by offering only Cliff's Notes. And frankly, like Ray, I believe this is a silly conversation, one brought up by Nassman, one meant to hide truth that he personally prefers to be false, and originally meant to sideline the real message, which is that there are treatments that do work against these symptoms, and in many people eradicate the very cause of them completely. If one has chosen not to try a treatment, that's fine. But to try to drag others down by silencing the truth about healing their bodies, is more than just wrong.

Fortunately for the truth, this is the kind of converstion that inspires me to redouble my efforts.

13. Funshine

Funshine New Member

I would again, like to reiterate, that I feel that this is the place for Success Stories...I would hope that we could, in the future, direct Newbies here to search and to learn about different treatment options for healing...
    While I do appreciate the spirited debate that appears to have emerged on this thread; I feel this may become a distraction to those who are seeking help.

14. June-

June- New Member

Might catch more fish by posting a brief synopsis of the success here and including a link with the particulars for those interested.

15. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Lord, have mercy...Maybe so, June. But you know, I placed my own story here out of a personal request that I do so. And I placed one more, the very first one that happened as a result of my original posting. And that has been it. All of the other success stories, of which there are many, I have placed in the Database in "The Cause and Successful Treatment of My Meniere's." And as time allows I will continue. So anyone who is not interested to read success stories, about how people actually treated the cause of their symptoms, written first hand, definitely stay away from that thread. By reading them, you may only find yourself frustrated.

16. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I would like to say that if I were a Newbie and I came here to find success stories I'd be put off by this argument that is going here. I do not feel as if people should argue in these kinds of threads, the point of the post is getting lost. I want to read success stories - not a debate of how long the story is, if people don't want to or are unable to read a post that is long they can just keep scrolling to the next one. Can we just get back to the success stories please?

17. nwspin

nwspin New Member

Here's my success story.

After trying most the conventional treatments which works for most people, and after using other non-conventional methods for over 2 years (JOH regime, AO Chiro, Anti-viral treatments, elimination diets, etc.) I have had great success with the ESD w/ shunt. I have not had any vertigo since the surgery.

18. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Thank you Sweet tater!

19. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

You're welcome James.

20. LisaB

LisaB New Member

The good news is that so many people have found success in different ways..........there are countless things to try to find relief. It takes patience, but this is so much better than no options.

Lisa