Suicide, has anyone ever contemplated it as an end to this "BEAST" Meniere's?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, Mar 26, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Thank you for these posts. Yes I want relief from fear and pervasive anxiety especially the physical symptoms (lack of appetite, chest clenching, fatigue,...) and this feeling that life has no purpose. I can't feel joy or God anymore. I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow. I won't do anything but maybe it helps a little to vent anonymously.

2. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I never considered ending it all myself, but I did wish many times that God would take me home. However, time passed, my family and friends stood behind me, employers and coworkers were behind me, those thoughts went away. Despite MM, life is wonderful.

Several years ago, (I cannot remember her name), a young woman wrote a good bye on this Board. We all jumped in and talked to her, people tried to track down her phone number and get hold of her husband, and everyone was so concerned for this lady. The final chapter, she changed her mind because she was so overwhelmed with our response. People on this Board saved a life.

3. daBronx

daBronx New Member

My wife Joan committed suicide about 6 and 1/2 years ago.She had a very painful debilitating disease called Complex Syndrome Dystrophy.After her death I was terribly depressed and could no longer live in our house alone.With the help of my daughter I sold our home and moved upstate near where my daughter lives.
    To be honest I have contemplated doing away with myself,but not because of Meniere's.I suffer from manic depression as well and have often thought about buying a gun but so far have not done so.I live on the fourth floor and have thought about jumping out but worry that if I don't die I'll be in a lot of pain.When I was in my early teens a paralyzed woman who lived next door pushed herself up from her wheelchair and onto the window ledge and pushed herself out of her 5th floor apartment and fell to her death.Fortunately for her she died instantly.My problem is loneliness and of course not working and I worry about my knee replacement operation next year,how I'll be able to handle the recovery period of 2-3 months and most of all will I be able to walk like a normal person without the use of a cane.I also use to hike and love the outdoors and wonder if I'll ever get to enjoy the outdoors again.

4. June-

June- New Member

DaBronx, of course I don't know your situation and can't predict the future but after my brother had double hip replacement, the quality of his life improved immensely. No more pain. He was almost in a wheelchair before and now plays golf and otherwise does whatever he wants to do. I know knees are trickier but I've heard good things. Go to a surgeon who has a lot of experience with it and a good rep.

5. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I belong to Kaiser Permanente,an HMO in Redwood City.Unfortunately I don't get to choose an orthopedist.I get whomever they assign my case to.

6. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

My wife Joan committed suicide about 6 and 1/2 years ago

I'm sorry!

7. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Often wondered what ever happened to her. I recall that evening very well.

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

If you do it, just don't jump off a bridge and hold up traffic on the interstate for 10 hours. Do it in the privacy of your own home or drown yourself. By the way I hear depending is painless and fast. ----- remember the athletes on the boat in the gulf

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

There were times that I thought about it, and how. I would probably swallow 90 Valium and go to sleep.

Live becomes over-whelming, at some point or other.

Of course, I would NEVER actually do it.

I live for my children, and would never lay that kind of guilt on them.

I pray.

10. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Valium has a LD50 of roughly 1240/kg. One would have to consume approximately 7.5 grams of Diazepam to achieve only a 50% chance of lethal dosage. Which is roughly 83 times the amount you speak of.

Replace "90" with an estimated 7500 10mg, 15000 5mg or 37200 2mg pills of Valium.

& this is also considering you have zero tolerance & weigh 60kg.

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Gee....thanx. ???

12. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Why the frown?

13. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I was just....speculating...actually, I was never serious about actually doing it, thus the frown.

14. Nathan

Nathan New Member

I'm confused. Please do quote anything I said which suggested or even slightly insinuated that you were.

15. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

No, no, no, don't get your panties in a bunch!!!!!

I just meant that you gave me the correct amount needed!!!!!! As to ensure I would do it "properly" !

Really, it's all good.

This is a friggin morbid topic, anyway.

16. Nathan

Nathan New Member

*sighs* please do quote anything I've said which suggests my panties are in a bunch.

No, I corrected you in an attempt to avoid the permanent liver & brain damage experienced by possible readers who may take your casually mediative & speculative approach to this serious subject as just that - serious. As a minimum of 7500 is virtually impossible to come by. Let alone to orally consume & hold down.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I do take this subject seriously! To suggest otherwise is speculative on your part, buddy.

I don't think it's necessary for you to be demeaning, and if you didn't mean it that way, let me just say that it feels that way to me. And I am entitled to "feel" anyway I want in regards to your reply. As you have the right to not like my reference to your panties in a bunch.

As your post was intended to avert permanent liver and kidney disease for those who took what I wrote seriously....how am I supposed to know what your intent was, as you didn't mention it in the first place.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and that's what makes the world go round.(not to be intended to not give credit to the scientific reasons the world goes round!)

Before you chastise me for using the word, buddy, it won't happen again.

18. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Agreed

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Thank-you

20. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

If not for larry/carribean's beach photos he posted on the Photo thread, I would have killed myself last night. Thanks Larry, you saves my life man!