Suicide, has anyone ever contemplated it as an end to this "BEAST" Meniere's?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, Mar 26, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Mystical Wombat

Mystical Wombat New Member

Recovered from the laby, then?

2. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I thought about killing myself before but then out of nowhere my lady always turns up in her red and black nightie so I tend to stick around just for the fun of it.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Fastest recovery in the history of labys ;D

4. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

When I've been experiencing a raft of bad spells, I've thought "I wish I were dead." BUT like SpinininOhio, I probably didn't really mean it.

It would devestate my family . . . I couldn't let them down.

We know IT will eventually go into remission . . . and tomorrow is another day.

WE ALL MUST THINK POSITIVE!!!

Jacquie

5. AnneT

AnneT New Member

I felt like checking out last weekend but have had better days now. I have to remind myself of that, next time I feel so low. It doesn't last even tho itfeels like forever at the time.

6. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Anne, sure glad that you decided to stick around girl. :)

7. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Thanks Caribbean. I'm out of crisis mode but am still just flat, not able to look forward to things quite yet. Hopefully I'll get there.

8. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Anne - I believe you can and will get through this. You are a unique and special individual...choose life...

hugs/prayers

9. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Thanks Aladdin.

Here's a strange coping mechanism that sometimes helps when I'm in my "what's the point?" mood. I figure if I went to my family or psychiatrist with a firm suicide plan I would be put in a psych ward (which I imagine would be depressing.). I then imagine that the staff would force me to do functional, normal life things like exercise, grocery store outings, nap, shower, art, pet therapy, group therapy, help in the kitchen. All these things I can do in my own life in ways that seem much more comfortable in my own setting rather than on a hospital ward. Strange but sometimes that helps me to show up in my own life. Drop the what's the point, and go with, Whats next?

10. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Way to go, Anne!!!!!!!!

Keep it up!

11. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

This beast can literally drive me to distraction and defeat. But Anne if I let the beast defeat me than it has won. I am not a loser nor quitter as I suspect neither are you. To defy the beast and live another day is a victory within itself and especially within oneself.

Life dear Anne - hang in there - you can get through this. I believe you can.

12. survivedit

survivedit New Member

Wise words from someone who has been an inspiration around here for a long time.

13. June-

June- New Member

That sounds like a very rational approach Anne. Sometimes, life is about showing up. And sometimes amazing things are just around the corner.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

You're way better off outside a psych ward than inside one. It's not like in the movies. No, they don't help you do all the things you list.

Go to one only if you are a step away from dying to prevent that from happening. For reducation and functional skills you're way better off with a therapist or an out patient facility.

15. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

All they do is misdiagnose and over-medicate.

From personal experience.

16. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Thanks for encouraging supportive messages! Saw my psychiatrist today. My worst time of day for anxiety and nasty thoughts is upon waking too early. "Beditation" is bad for me. So the challenge is to just drag my sorry ass to a different room, use my LiteBook, and read or do something. Wish me luck!

17. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Good luck Anne. I wish you strength to overcome.

18. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Good luck!!

Start a journal..... Or come on .org!

19. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Hang in there Anne. What mental and emotional stamina you have! You've taken the first step by seeing the psychiatrist - things will start to improve.

20. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Well, I stayed in bed, but took a little clonazepam and tried very hard to keep my thoughts neutral or positive. I was able to eat some breakfast (hurray! a good sign that my anxiety is less), and distracted myself with this website while using my LiteBook (bright light to treat Seasonal Affective Disorder or winter blahs). Now to put on my exercise gear in order to convince myself that I AM going to exercise class.