The 10 commandments of Ménière’s

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by sirlanc, Dec 7, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

Thank you everyone for all your great feedback!

For those who asked, this list is public domain and can be used in any way you see fit!

Sirlanc

2. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Very good! I would like to post this in the writer's section on the Meniere's Resources website - www.menieresresources.org. I will give you credit under whatever name you would like to use. PM me if this is ok, or if you have any requests regarding copyright etc.

3. tommyboy_iceman

tommyboy_iceman New Member

Awesome. Gave me a nice little chuckle to boost my day.

4. katzefrau

katzefrau New Member

Great insight & creativity!

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

The Greatest Commandments of Ménière’s

Sirlanc, you did a great job with this piece. Since they are all so on point, it is difficult to pick out just one overall greatest commandment. That predicament is not without precedent. When He was asked the greatest commandment, even Jesus Himself had to give two. So given such lofty precedent, regarding Meniere's I must offer two of yours as the greatest commandments. In my opinion they would be:

2. Thou shalt lead thy own recovery; and treat all others as consultants, learn the details of thy ailment, its diagnosis, its prognosis, and its treatments, conventional and alternative.

5. Thou shalt have enduring and unassailable faith, whether in a Supreme Being, in Medical Science, in Lysine, in thyself, or in the fact that the room is not really moving. Some days there won't be a song in thy heart. Sing anyway.

Rethinking, unassailable faith in #5 is essential to #2. It shapes one's thoughts and actions. It manifests as motivation to continue to perform all of those tasks in #2. So of the two, perhaps it is that #5 really is the greatest. They are both right up there.

You really did a great job with this. It is an inspiring effort. For that reason, I expect that you had not only help from H. K. as you mentioned, but also H. S. (and I do not mean me.)

6. RbyFzzl

RbyFzzl New Member

I really needed this right now. Thanks for posting!!!!!

7. MamaBear

MamaBear New Member

Hello,
    LOVE the ten commandmeants of meniere's!

8. MamaBear

MamaBear New Member

Absolutely amazing! Thank you soooo much.

Blessings 2 U,
    MamaBear

9. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

- bump -

10. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

How true!!! Thanks a million Sirlanc. :)

11. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

12. charlesj

charlesj New Member

Makes sense.

13. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

I forwarded your 10 commandments on to some other Meniere's folks who (foolishly) don't check this wonderful website.

Jacquie

14. mlk040

mlk040 New Member

i love that! i have this hanging in my office and at home on the fridge! when i feel weak i read it---and it does help!

15. shelly3257

shelly3257 New Member

was having a bad spell and needed this. ^bump

16. maursy1

maursy1 New Member

Excellent, just what I need when :DI'm having a pity party. : D

17. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Ahhh! Thanks so much! Printing this out and hanging on my refrigerator!

18. Sholly

Sholly New Member

Sirlanc,
    Thou art both wise and amusing!!

19. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Bump!

20. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Was, " do not let others bring you down?" on that list?

Have a good day!