The medical anomaly returns.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by recentlydizzy, Apr 27, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

Well three visits with an expert and still know nothing more than a year before. I guess the plan is to retry the test that blew everyone's minds again to see if I have a "normal" test. At least I can say more about the test this time because it was explained more clearly this last visit.

On a posturography exam they will put head gear on "accelerometer" to measure how your eyes see things with your head in motion (VOR) vestibular ocular reflex. Alright, apparently if a person is unilateral Meniere's the vision should be different from one eye to the next (my case they were the same). No clear explanation as to why this happened (hence another test next week). This all points at the VNG i had Left side 25% weakness Right side normal.

I asked if it was possible that I was bilateral and therefore the eye test would be the same on both eyes (possible but no clear answer to the question). The reason I thought about that question was I remember very clearly my VNG and it felt like the probe blowing air was not placed as far inside the Right ear as the Left. Now for the somewhat scary part.

The doctor said I should have the veterans administration setup another MRI. She said that most issues will be detected or noticed on MRI but there is a special position (trans-axial) that shows a specific area where lesions are common that cause these types of symptoms. In other words more questions than answers. I must be the most healthy sick person on the planet.

2. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

Almost forgot, I did a four week journal for the expert to review and we both was surprised at the frequency of vertigo episodes. I started off really good on my journal almost hourly then by the third week it was good day versus bad day. She said its nothing to be ashamed of most people don't even commit to doing one week.