The Point of Prayer

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by JF2740, Dec 11, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. JF2740

JF2740 New Member

I pray every single day for my condition and others. I was just wondering... why doesn't God heal anymore? For those of you who are Christians, he did it plenty of times in the Bible, but why not for us. And in the end, from all my time of praying I have seen little upswing in my life. I still do it and I don't hold a grudge against God... still looking for relief and help.

And with that, I guess I can also say pray for me. I'm going through an extremely terrible moment in my life right now and I don't know how it's going to all end up. Unfortunately, Meniere's isn't the only disease I have to contend with :(

2. Titus

Titus New Member

I believe God hears our prayers. Even Jesus asked the Father to "take this cup away" but also said "thy will be done." I look at my life this way. Eternity is forever and, in comparison to the short time we have here, it hardly matters. There are many "theories" why God doesn't give us the answer we are looking for: lack of faith, sin, it's somehow fulfilling our purpose, it's part of a larger picture we don't understand. I believe that God doesn't take control of things that happen here. Along with free will, He gave us a world that reflects our human nature and has both good and evil, both joy and tribulation. I pray for His help in dealing with my problems and I praise Him for giving me eternal life. I see the now as my Spirit temporarily occupying a body. One day, I will leave it for the next phase of eternity.

I will pray for you.

3. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

I know for myself that I have also struggled with this. But I have come to learn or believe that what God heals is our spiritual life and gives us the ability to have faith. I have never been cured of MM but I was given anti-depressants to deal with it and faith that God will take care of me. I don't know if this helps, but it helps me.

4. June-

June- New Member

I pray for comfort and guidance. My prayers are usually answered.

5. Mrsmike

Mrsmike New Member

The question is not a biblical view of God, it's a worldview.
    God does heal people everyday. Through doctors, emts, nurses and expository preaching n teaching pastors.

We are a fallen people because of Adam n Eves sin.
    My thoughts have been turned to Joseph n his brothers when he tells them what you meant for evil, God used for good.
    Then there's Job, I kinda feel like Job right now but God is ever faithful and true, we may not see how this illness will be used for good but trusting in Him will relieve some pain.

I am going to learn sign language now when I can still hear.
    I plan to sign for other church members, although I am the first in our small congregation to be hard of hearing n menieres.

I can teach the children to sign, their parents etc. That's a positive goal I can do in between bouts of dizziness n nauseousness.
    I can rubber stamp hand made cards and send to our military men n women, supporting them while I can.

Because I am saved, born again, my life is 24/7/365 on God. My focus is only on this disease when I am having bad days....4 out of the last 5 but I start n end each day in prayer, how can I not make it thru? God thee Almighty us with me!

From others sharing I am getting a VBN test done and finding out how to apply for disability.

I believe Gods miracles are that I haven't suffered much until now.
    It's perfect timing to be let go of a stressful job, which i didn't know was stressful.

I sent my family an article describing menieres from this site since they think it's jot a real disease....my dad just called again to see if I was better.
    I said, dad, please read the article I sent you, this is a disease that comes and goes on it's own, I have no control over, please read......

All I can do is trust God and He led me here, I know that's a miracle in itself!

Blessings to all,
    Mrs mike

6. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I PRAY EVERY DAY FOR FAMILY, FRIENDS, MM ORG GROUP, AND ME TOO.

I TOO AM GOING THERU HARD TIMES WITH HEALTH, FINANCES, THE LOSS OF DEAR FRIENDS AND OTHER ISSUES.

GOD IS THERE, HE HEARS US, AND WILL BLESS US IN HIS OWN TIME AND.WAY. BELIEVE!

7. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

I believe prayer helps in numerous ways. One thing that helps me is being thankful. It seems so easy to get caught up in the symptoms and forget about the blessings. When I pray I also try and express my gratitude for all the good things in life. Keeping things in perspective and balancing the good with the bad is my mental gymnastics to cope with not feeling normal. I truly feel sorry for my family having to deal with my illness, but I remain hopeful.

8. June-

June- New Member

Prayer brings calm, calm brings better understanding and decisions and also allows for gratitude as mentioned above.

9. GreatfulTed2

GreatfulTed2 New Member

Hey JF2740
    First I believe that he does answer prayers & he heals, I have a child that is an answer to prayer. My wife was pregnant many times before my daughter was born. The doctors did not have an answer, but here she is.
    I believe that She was prayed into this world.
    2 Corinthians 12:8-9, where the Apostle Paul says
    Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (NLT)
    Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. He has a plan and we may or may not see the good that comes out of it but I believe that good will come.
    Time and Time again the Bible says to have faith and keep after it and keep praying, I reckon that is all we can do.

10. abroxter

abroxter New Member

Faith is such a multidimensional act and feeling.... but for those who experience it they are the most rewarded. It is hard for those us who suffer from physical/emotional/or even some at times spiritual struggles to reflect that the lord yes is working miracles every day right before us and we just don't realize it. For instance.... one may be upset about a drop attack, but the unseen miracle is the lord's hands arounds you keeping you safe so you didn't hit your head and have an unforeseen subdural bleed that could leave you unresponsive and in the hospital. Or the simple miracle of faith and love from those who surround us. When it can be so easy for individuals to get frustrated and walk, but the lord speaks to them and helps everyone with their journey. There are so many but it is easy for us with our human nature to over look them. I personally always try to remember there is always someone somewhere who has it worse, and the good lord's cross was much heavier then mine. Love and prayers to all of you.