The Why's of Evolution vs.Religion

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, May 11, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Some entries pertaining to the age of the Earth.

http://www.reasons.org/explore/topic/age-of-the-earth

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Personnally I'd rather hear it from you... :)

3. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Okay, here it is in a nutshell. I was used to believe that if you were a Christian, you had to believe in a literal 7-day creation. I thought that for a long time actually. Then, I read this book and I felt like my head would explode. He gives scientific explanations for creation over millions of years (and I'm well aware that some will read that as a contradiction). I have never been afraid of scientific discoveries, or education or other views, but this book reminded me that God gave us knowledge and, like Galileo believed, scientific discovery would never contradict only enhance spiritual guidance.

So, I don't get my brain all bent out of shape thinking about the age of the earth, what happened to the dinosaurs or was Noah's flood allegorical, actual, localized or world wide. Like King David said, "I do not concern myself with things too lofty for me." I trust that all things will become known in their time and I go about trying to be as kind as I can to as many people as I can, no matter their religion or personal views. I'm in a season where I'm also able to serve mankind in ways I wasn't before -- and that is where my focus is now.

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

(Matthew 25:35-40 ESV)

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

See? Hearing it from you kinda gave me a little lump in my throat. It was worth it too :) Thanks shartsoe.

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Shart, you're the best! That was.....profound.

Hey, holly, me too with the tears, though, I cry a lot when I'm touched by angels!!!!!