Three mile Island Candy!

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by karenlr, Nov 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Sounds strange and I guess it is a little. It's really a family joke. I learned how to make Rum balls around Christmas time. They are so good but a bit toxic if you know what I mean. lol
    we started calling them three mile island candy. I am going to make some this weekend! This should be fun. I just have to keep the kids out of them!

2. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Post the recipe Karen, it sounds good! I have never made rum balls before.

3. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

Is that one of those recipes where you mix a couple of ingredients, take a shot out of the bottle, mix in the eggs, take another shot, then while it's baking, you have a few more shots? ;D

4. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Well, it's more like you take vanilla wafers, mash them up and add coco, powdered sugar, corn syrup and of course rum and make them into balls. You let them "season" for a while and then they are ready to eat... sparingly! They are like my title says toxic. The combination of sugar and rum is like a one two punch. I will post the whole thing on here when I get back from a late night run to Wal-mart! I seem to be out of tomatoes for my gumbo and I refuse to give up and not make it this time.