Twice in the last month

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by daBronx, Apr 5, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

It's been almost 8 years since having a vertigo attack and yet twice in the last month while laying down in the early morning I got the spins.Then I got up on my left elbow and the spins continued but the spins only lasted about 90 seconds or so.I think when I got the spins my head was positioned almost over the top of my pillow.I have no idea what cased this.I still take acetazolamide in the morning when I get up.I still try to eat a low sodium diet.My weight is 250 and my bp is 153/81.I'm taking Terazosin 1mg.at bedtime.

daBronx

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Sorry that you are starting to experience this daBronx. :(

3. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Circumstances considered, it may have been caused by benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).

http://physioworks.com.au/injuries-conditions-1/bppv-benign-paroxysmal-positional-vertigo

4. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

i also feel the worst in the mornings in sleeping position or right after getting up. what does that mean?? i think air pressure has something to do with it.

5. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I think you might be right.The last time I had BPPV was about 2 years ago.

6. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I agree, if its positional then yes it could very well be BPPV, but the firs time I had BPPV the violent spins came when I positioned my head a certain way but I felt dizzy non stop all the time before I did the epley.