Update: 6 weeks on AV's

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by msprygada, Apr 1, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. msprygada

msprygada New Member

On Feb 18th I visited my ENT to show him Dr. Gacek's paper on the herpes/MD link. He was not aware of this possible therapy and read Dr. Gacek's paper right on the spot. My ENT agreed to put me on 1000 mg Valacyclovir. He wrote the script and I went and picked it up. I noticed that there was a scrip for 63 pills with one refill of 63 more. That means I would be on 3/day for 21 days. 2/day for 21 days. And 1/day for 21 days. The ENT had a follow up meeting set for May 20th and that leaves 31 days that I would not have taken any AV's. I call the office and checked to see if this was correct or that he wanted me to come in earlier or extend the AV's so I had enough to take me to the 20th of May. The office gal checked with the ENT and his reply was that he meant to only provide the 9 weeks of Valtrex and did not want the appointment changed.

Today I start the 1/day for 3 weeks and to date, I don't really see any change in my condition. I still have fullness, low freq hearing loss, tinnitus (though not bad), distorted sound, lightheadedness, and some days hyperacusis. I have never had vertigo.

Do you think that the AV's are not working for me? If I should be on them longer, I am thinking of going to the family doctor and see if he would continue the AV's for a longer time and maybe at a higher dose like 2/day for a while longer?

Just wondering if my MD is virus related..I am starting to think not. If the AV's don't work, what would the next thing to try? If the Valtrex does not work, then Lysine would not make any difference either.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

2. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

When I first got dizzy, the doc thought it was viral because it came on after a bad sinus cold. I took Valtrex for many months with no improvement. The doc then changed his mind and called it classic Meniere's, and he put me on a diuretic and antihistamine. That didn't help much, either.

After 10 years of that and having gone bilateral, I'm trying anti-virals again just to see what happens. They seem to increase my dizziness somewhat. Beats me. Keep us posted on your progress.

Bless all,
    Ron