Valium Under the Tongue....Amazing.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by David09, Nov 27, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. David09

David09 New Member

Ok so I woke up last night about 2:30am and was spinning pretty bad. I tried to get up and almost fell off the bed. I managed to turn the light on which is built into the ceiling fan. I then fumbled around for my Valium which is the only thing that will stop my vertigo. I finally found the right bottle and then I had to cut it in half as I am not able to take the whole 5mg. I cut the first one and it shattered into a million pieces, It pretty much was useless. I then cut the second one in half and discovered that I had no water or anything to wash it down with. I could not walk to the kitchen. Well I did the next best thing and put it under my tongue and let it dissolve.
    Let me tell you, that was the yuckiest thing I have ever tasted in my life but it worked like a charm. Usually I sit around spinning for 20 to 30 minutes until the spinning stops but with this technique I stopped spinning in about 10 minutes. I am by no means telling everybody to go and put your medication under your tongue. I am just saying that I was amazed at how fast it worked for me. I rarely have to take it but the weather here has changed drastically over a 48 hour period and I think that's what set my ears off, besides eating a hefty amount of fried Thanksgiving turkey with all of the trimmings, (lots of salt included I'm sure). I just wanted to share that with everyone. I now keep a glass of water near my bed and my medication readily available because that was no fun. Spinning end over end is much worse than spinning from side to side in my humble opinion. I stopped spinning and went out like a light in 10 minutes flat.

David.

2. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

You're absolutely right David. Taken with water Valium takes about 30 mins to work. For emergencies under the tongue is the way to go. But yes, the taste is yucky. Spoonful of honey?

3. David09

David09 New Member

Spoonful of honey sounds great. I'll keep that by the bed as well just in case I have to do the under the tongue thing again.

David.

4. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

good for you....it has worked for me too.....actually xanax was even better.....

5. mikeg

mikeg New Member

Xanax makes a pill just for use under the tongue. I don`t recall the name of it and it cost alot. Not sure it works any faster the the standard xanax but i hear it taste better.

6. poppaharley

poppaharley Meniere's: God's answer to a free merry-go-round

David

Sorry about the midnight spin but glad the valium worked for you. I've been there in the middle of the night crawling on all fours trying to find the meds and that's why I keep some low in the night stand and pre-cut to half pill size. After your last experience, it's probably something to consider.

I've always chewed my valium since swollowing it with water just may come barfing back up again. It's not the greatest tasting stuff but not the worst. I am here to tell you that Carbenicillin, a derivative of Penicillin is THE worst stuff and I can remember trying to get my daughter to take it as a 3 year old who couldn't swallow pills and we'd have to crush it in apple sauce and be ready with a glass of apple juice and lollypop as a reward. It was either that or put her in the hospital. I even told the doctor to try it since he had no clue. Think combination of rotted fish with gasoline and dog droppings. It even makes me sort of gag thinking about it 30 years later.

Good luck and hopefully no spins for a long while.

7. winewench

winewench I'm not drunk, I just walk with an accent!

Like Poppaharley, I keep Valium on my bed stand - night spins suck! I also discovered that Valium under the tongue is the way to go. Stops the spins in about 15-20 minutes, unless it's a really bad attack and I'm barfing already, then all bets are off. Another thing I keep close at hand is ginger capsules, because they really help with nausea and they work pretty fast.

I hope you feel better today!

8. David09

David09 New Member

Thanks for the great replies. I will keep everything on my nightstand for sure now. Ginger capsules are a great idea. Rotted fish, gasoline and dog droppings? Yuck!!

David.

9. sjwo1

sjwo1 Hiking Utah

Yes. It works for me. The depressant dumbs down the vestibular misinformation and the attacks slow or stop. FYI, you can get them in generic that are designed to dissolve that way. I use xanax vs valium and mine are orange flavored....just pop in and chew it up and its in the system in a matter of seconds. I dont even have to swallow. that helps when you are about to barf. good luck. sid

10. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

I learned the under the tongue trick here, and it has been a life-saver in so many ways! Glad it is working for ya.

KT

11. CGR

CGR Guest

I wish ativan worked faster. Even under the tongue it takes 30 minutes i reckon.

12. Maple Street

Maple Street New Member

Am I the only one? Under the tongue and it takes a good three hours for it to even start to work and then another hour before I can stand. ??? Well at least I don't mind the taste.

13. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

under the tongue is the only way i take it anymore. The sole reason I take it is for Vertigo and only take it when I get one so under the tongue makes the most sense since I am looking for it to work ASAP. I have actually thought about smoking it but decided that would probably not be a good idea!!

14. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

No your not alone it helps me sometimes but when I have a major spin going it does nothing to help it.

15. CGR

CGR Guest

You would think they'd make it so you could just inject the damn thing into your vein!

I remember in the hospital when they gave me IV ativan, that was FAST!

16. survivedit

survivedit New Member

Clonazepam is another option. I do that under the tongue and it's about 10 minutes to relief if it's going to help at all. I usually go with 4 mg.

Bob

17. RonneyKay

RonneyKay I'm Okay when everything is not Okay ~tori amos

wow that sounds awesome, i never would have thought of that:) thanks... has anyone tried this with meclazine?

Ronney

18. groovemastergreg

groovemastergreg New Member

I have found that the regular xanax in .25 or .50 or even 1 mg size dissolve under the tongue (sublingually) much faster than the four segmented 2 mg size. FWIW.

I carry an emergency xanax and anti-nausea tab in the duracell hearing aid plastic battery case. I keep a copy of the prescription label for both in my wallet. There are many times when I can't carry two small pill bottles around with me, but I like having meds handy in case I do have an attack.

19. Running Dizzy

Running Dizzy New Member

For years when I start feeling like an attack is forthcoming I have taken Valium with a glass of water and end up waiting a hour or so for it to start working. Normally this works for a mild attack. But if I suddenly have a full blown attack I have always put Valium under my tongue and in about 20 minutes I stabilize. Sure its very yukky tasting but so much better than throwing up repeatedly.

20. Dizzy Little Piggy

Dizzy Little Piggy OINK OINK

I have been taking them under the tongue for 20 years and it works like a charm. I have even gotten used to the taste.