What have you learned today?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by shartsoe, Apr 30, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Nathan

Nathan New Member

That the vast majority accept whatever they hear on the grapevine, not by cause of truths or evidence, but by cause of their personal philosophies, ideologues or worldviews. They presume scientific truths are subject to their opinion. They then further presume their constitutional right to free speech guarantees anything they have to say is correct.

If the human species is to outlive the limited time we have on this planet, this condition must be overcome.

2. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Mmm, Gandalf's enthusiasm to weareth monotonous knitteth drapes is a little concerning. Perhaps a trimmed, jean clad, motley yet casual Gandalf. Or dost this defeateth the purpose of wizardry?

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

As long as you have a pointy hat and a magic wand you're good to go :D

4. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Gotta love a man who knows how to wield a staff...

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

:D Yep. For sure.

6. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Another high school acquaintance just engaged.

I just uploaded two Crystal Castles tracks to my iPod.

7. Gracie

Gracie New Member

That some people have no business driving. Turn signals are put on a vehicle for a reason.

8. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

True.

I learned that replacing one item in a room (curtains) has a domino effect and next thing you know you've redecorated the whole damn room and spent too much money! :mad:

9. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

so cal cycalist: I'm reminded of long ago when I said to a neighbor man (1969) : "hello" & he said: "talking to strangers: disgusting." the last time I saw him we were both on a train & I was talking to the boy in the seat behind me. the man was accross the aisle. the boy was talking about ow he was going to kill his wife because she's given birth to his son who turned out to be hemophiliac. I ope I convinced him, a stranger, that it probably wasn't a good thing to do

10. Nathan

Nathan New Member

That this is so much easier to apply when reality is thought of as being made of fields. Fields, not particles. FIELDS. Reality is made of fields... & particles are what we see, rather than the world is made of particles & particles are what we see.

Professors need to stop teaching students to think of the world in terms of particles, & start teaching students to think in terms of fields.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Strawberry fields forever.

;)

12. Nathan

Nathan New Member