What kinds of music do you like?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by daBronx, Oct 9, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Well my first love of music is classical.Then baroque,opera,ballet,popular music,some country and doo wop.
    Rap I dislike.
    Unfortunately because of hyperacusis I no longer attend concerts.But having studied the french horn when I was in high school I continue my love for the horn and have many you tube videos of french horn as well as piano and violin.

2. June-

June- New Member

Mozart, classic country, 50's 60's 70's pop, blues, jazz but only when I am drinking which isn't often.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I'm learning new things about you, June :D

4. June-

June- New Member

I better stop talking! :D

5. Titus

Titus New Member

Classical, jazz, blues, contemporary Christian, some rock, ballads,

I HATE country music.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I'm so glad you said it first :D

7. June-

June- New Member

What?! Hate country music? You have no soul!

You can't mean you don't love Dolly Parton.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I don't like big fake breasted blond women!

My soul belongs to other types of music, not C&W :D

9. Nathan

Nathan New Member

I enjoy all genres of music. Though I'm fairly specific within any given genera

10. June-

June- New Member

Oh you so don't get dolly. She is a genius musical and otherwise not to mention a philanthropist who remembers where she came from. Do you know every child from birth to age 5 in sevier county tn gets a book every month on the mail. All kid, rich and poor so the poor kids have the same books as the rest. Courtesy Dolly. Dollywood is her way of providing employment where she came from. Her songs almost all written by her are poetry. Her business acumen is second to none. Her sense of humor is ... Oh just listen up next time she is being interviewed.

You don't like songs like 'I will always love you'. ?

You have any idea how many number one songs recorded by other people she wrote?

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Dollywood was also the place where a couple of gay women were asked to either change the T-shirt one of them was wearing or leave the park. They chose to leave the park.

I hate to have this one thing we can't agree on, June, but I really, really, really don't like country music.

You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille ;D

12. June-

June- New Member

Read the follow up on that situation. She corrected it. Honest. You don't begin to know her. You'd love her if you knew her.

13. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Dolly Parton wrote the theme song for the film Transamerica. The song is uncritically accepting of transgender women.

A lot of her philanthropy is in the area of HIV/AIDS.

14. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Dolly's also a sweetheart with a great sense of humour. She's the first one to make fun of the boobs and hair.

15. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

No I didn't even like it when Whitney Houston sang it. It's just not my genre of music. I feel like I should apologize to you or something :D :D

Plus this isn't about Dolly Parton. She is a great person, nothing against her. I don't like country music so let's not turn this into Intrepid vs. Dolly Parton.

16. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Jolene is a great song. So is 9 - 5.

17. June-

June- New Member

I just feel sorry for you. :D. I guess you will still have a full life

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

This coming from someone who said nothing after the Beatles was worth listening to. We can both feel sorry for one another on the music we're missing out :p ;D

19. June-

June- New Member

Whenever I hear 9-5 I feel happy I wasn't a trust fund baby because if I was I wouldnt get that song.

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I did see the movie when I was very young but only because Jane Fonda was in it and Lily Tomlin.