What we forget

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by corona, Aug 18, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

June, the remark you made yesterday just made no sense at allto me. Sarita introduced the idea that Ghandi was in Hell, not me. I responded to her remark indicating that I would not be surprised to meet Ghandi in the after life. So why that makes my comment out of sorts to you, I don't think you could rightly explain. But you are welcome to try.

Evidently, you are going to take Sarita's side no matter what she says. To me, that can only mean that, like Sarita said a few days ago, you, too, would rather be wrong. That way, like Sarita, you can learn from your mistakes. I don't really know how to have a meaningful conversation with someone who does not care if what they are telling you is right. What about that Sermon on the Mount yesterday? That sure read like it was written by someone who desired to be right. But I guess not. So if you take her side in this discussion, then frankly neither one of you are making any sense. And because neither of you therefore profess any desire to be right, true and correct in what you say, then I don't know have either of you can expect to be taken seriously.

I was not even going to respond to your remarks about Ghandi in Hell until you brought it up again today. And because you did, I thought I should honor the time it took you to do so with a response. And because obviously I cannot see where I jumped the track, as you say, feel free to tell me, but only as long as you can resist the urge to try to be wrong and learn from your mistakes like Sarita does. That really throws me.

2. June-

June- New Member

When this turned into a brouhaha I went back and read every post in sequence to see what the heck happened. I think if her actual words are read and then the replies there is a disconnect. Assumptions are made that she meant things she didn't say.

I thought it was your post on page one that moved the discussion to a lower plane. That is what I am referring to.

BUT - I go back to my question. Is anyone here interested in talking about the original question or are we just here to fight with one another?

3. Perses

Perses Guest

This mess would all go away if people would realize that Ghandi IS in hell!

[​IMG]

4. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Perses ,
    Is that Kenny from South park. Seriously every time you post a link or picture I end up about falling out of my chair laughing.
    You are trouble mister!!

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

The original question, "What we forget," had nothing to do with "we" and everything to do with "you," meaning all the Christians in the crowd here. Where in that sermon did Sarita ever use the term "we" again? Nowhere, only "you," meaning the Christains. It was an obvious back door bash at Christians, June, while trying to hold out plausible deniability of the same. It was no question. It was a way for Sarita to elevate herself above those who believe in a God, God who would indiscriminantly send people to burn in Hell. Read it again, June.

6. Perses

Perses Guest

Yes indeed! It is Kenny! I assume you are a South Park fan like I am?

And I don't like to see myself as "trouble". I am simply trying to lighten things up! You know, trying to put out the flames...the same ones we see Ghandi burning in, in the picture! LOL!

7. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Yes I am indeed a South Park fan!

Ok I will agree you definately lighten things up Lol. Ah Im still trying to recover from laughing. Thanks Perses I needed that today :)

8. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

I barely saw Sarita's lips move that time.

Thanks for making my point, June. Can CarrieO and BS be far behind?

9. June-

June- New Member

You know what? That was uncalled for. What is it with you people? I will leave and I will not return to the religious forum. It is now safe for your point of view and only your point of view. No other spiritual thoughts need apply. I spoke up because I thought there were a group of people attacking one person and I generally do speak up in that kind of situation. Now I see that makes me personna non grata among the faithful. You know what ? You win. You may control every thing that is said and done on the religious board. I can see I am no match for you. I don't have the will to fight every day. Go for it!

I will confine myself to the living room which is where I started and stayed for years and should have stayed.

10. Bluesky

Bluesky New Member

All this bitching is getting old.

older it gets, the more the forum will die.

Quit and get a massage to relax yourselves!

11. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Yes, I agree. That comment is beneath me, and I never should have stated it that way.

But, who are these "you people" to which you refer? Whoever they are; they don't speak for me and I don't speak for them. I, Donna, made that comment; "you people" didn't.

I am trying to point out that you consistently reply, usually immediately following anyone that disagrees with Sarita, as if you are speaking for her - taking personally that person's comments. It has become predictable. Sarita can dish out the inflammatory rhetoric; let Sarita answer for it to the people she attacks.

That was really the scope of my comment.

12. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Take your own advice. If you attack, expect that someone might counter your attack. I didn't start the rhetoric.

13. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I am responsible for my words and actions, as PD stated I am not apart of one specific group of people nor do I acquaint myself with one specific type of person - etc. Believing in Jesus, does not make my mind into an 'us verses them' etc, it makes me a person with thoughts, hope, dreams, ambitions, love, dislikes, faults, many faults, feelings and emotions. I can not live my life by identifying myself with 'that' group or 'not that group'. etc. I have a belief systems that is unique to me and maybe similar to others - but I am me and you are you - each one responsible for themself. People may label me and that is their choosing, but I don't try and label people as we are all human beings and we are all loved by the Creator. I have used the term non - Christian and I used that for lack of term...not wanting to offend someone... especially when the person identifies themselves with not believing in God. I even dislike doing that - as we all bleed the same...there are no non people just different...and I accept people's difference but I also expect the same acceptance of my belief system.

14. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I shouldn't have propably wrote on this thread as it has gone dark and sour; which I am sure my posts did not help the matter much either. I am going to beg leave as I will be gone for awhile but wanted to respond to what PD wrote and what others have PM'd me.

15. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Again......WOW, this turned out quite nasty and I can't take sides with anyone really. And I get along with most people on here or wherever just as long as this simple rule is always followed; don't get overly aggressive and get in my face and I will absolutely give you the same respect and space in return.

There was one person on here that I had a major problem with this and so I snapped and got rude and nasty with her(because I have a temper and a boiling point), but after the dust settled I publicly apologized and agreed to stay out of her way permanently but that was not good enough I guess(because she's still gone).

16. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

These are the times when I ask myself why am I wasting time on this forum...

After ten years here, the crap I read in some of these threads is unbelievable. Am I the only one that remember's Ray's simple request?

Remember my request that this is not a place for personal vendettas....
    « on: July 26, 2008, 12:13:04 am » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you are not heeding this simple request, so consider this a friendly warning...

Take it to private message or email if you have an issue with someone. This is NOT the place for it. If you can't follow that simple request, you are gone from here.

Thanks,
    Ray

And no, it doesn't matter who started what! The name calling and sarcasm that keep escalating just make me sick.

17. highway

highway New Member

peace, love and happiness to all.

18. Perses

Perses Guest

Amen to that!

19. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

20. pardonme

pardonme Guest

As I said in my earlier post, I think this thread was a good topic. It is one I have struggled with from time to time.
    I have been on the receiving end of religious prejudice and judgement, and have also judged others because of their religion. It does happen.
    People do sometimes determine the value of another based on what they believe more so than what they do.
    It does create divides and isolation among mankind. It can cause distress in families and communities, and...even on internet forums.
    In it’s worse case scenarios, it causes war and massacre.

However, we have to understand what we are talking about is sacred to people. Sacred.
    Not just an interesting topic of conversation, not just something important or of value or hypothetical, but something that is sacred.
    That means it requires a different level of respect and dignity than other everyday conversations.

I don’t think peoples hackles or defences are raised so much by this topic as they are by their experiences.

We cannot expect people to openly and honestly share what is sacred without trust and safety.
    That trust and safety does not exist here, not at the forum in general, and definitely not on this thread.

It does matter to people what God they pray to, it matters to them, it matters a lot.