What we forget

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by corona, Aug 18, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i thought my little chapel was secluded out here in the sticks - nestled between cow pastures and horses...

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I went back and re-read the original post. If you read it as though it is directed at you than you might take offense. If you read it as, I believe, it was intended - for anyone, everyone who has any belief or prejudice toward/against another person, people, higher power race ,creed, color, disability, etc...That it truly doesn't matter when one is in need. What counts is what people do. When it gets personal is when all the need is done and people start to talk about what they believe or realize the color or ethnic background those giving people are, the hate enters and tears us apart.

Now having read the last two sentences, I would agree that they were pointed at people who have a specific belief in God, but I still didn't read "Christian" in the words. In the sentence just above that, it speaks to the Qur'an also so it was not, again, in my opinion not just for christian people but people of all religions. It Could've been spoken a little differently unless truly meant in the manner that was said.

I am not a Christian yet I have and will continue to come to this post. It doesn't belong to any one sect. It belongs to everyone of which I am a part. I won't be shoved off or pushed off by words. I like this particular talk site and don't care that I'm not a believer in any specific religion. I have my own relationship with my higher power that I generally call God, and may one day be lead in a specific direction of religion. And I will follow in that direction like a baby clings to it's mother.

3. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Perses

The picture that shows the view from inside the church is just breathtaking. Peace be upon you also.

The church in Greece is beautiful also. Thank you for taking the time to share the pictures with us today.

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Your post Intrepid. I'm done.

5. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

as I sat in chruch today I thought about the photo of the beautiful church amidst a sea of water and stones...I would love to visit that church, Lord willing, one day...Greece is on my bucket list...

6. Steve333

Steve333 New Member

i must say that church made me want to go back go greece. i was there as a teenager before spiritual things became significant in my life. thank you for posting it.

7. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

HenrySullivan,

I apologize to you for what I said to you a few pages ago in reference to your sarcastic reply to Sarita.

My response to you was inappropriate. I am sorry.

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Carrie, thank you very much. Things get heated sometimes. Do not concern yourself.

There are times when I have deserved it and you held back. :)