What's Cooking Today???

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by Pluto, Dec 31, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

2. Pluto

Pluto New Member

Today:

Breakfast: Coffee, halfcaf which is the usual.
    Lunch: Sausage sandwich and an orange.
    Dinner/Supper: (preparing now) Leftover Pork ribs, baked potato, leftover broccoli/carrots/cauliflower.

No salt added, only margarine for the potato.

3. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Tonite was a "grazing" dinner....we pulled out ALL the leftovers in the fridge and took what we wanted from each one...there must have been a dozen Tupperware containers on the counter! (And we found a few, uh, surprises in there as well....they'd been hiding waaaay in the back :p)

4. ripper roo

ripper roo lisa

way way too hot to cook here at the moment
    so we will be having salmon and tossed salad

lisa

5. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

We were bad and had Sloppy Joes for the Superbowl! [​IMG]

6. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Yesterday evening I helped prepare evening meal while visiting friend in Vancouver. It was great I made the Risotto by sautéing onions, adding butternut squash, putting in Risotto, and then slowly adding low salt vegetable broth. Dish was spiced with black pepper, chilli pepper, and sage. At the end I added shrimp. Other courses of meal were leek soup, roasted vegetables, and a dessert (last summer’s blackberries and yogurt).

Today is a travel day for me. Since I am on ferry for lunch hour, I will have an apple or something like that. It’s meager but I do not want to chance high sodium fare while I am on the high seas. Tonight, once home, I will make some sort of fish meal.

A not-so-sloppy Joe but still delectable