Where do you find hope?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by HeadNoise, Sep 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

I still think this is a topic worthy of more/new discussion. Since "spring cleaning" erased the old topic, we can begin again with new ideas.

Here's a lighthearted quote from Emily Dickinson:

"Hope is the thing with feathers
    That perches in the soul,
    And sings the tune without the words,
    And never stops at all."

I think there is some truth in that - sometimes hope has no words, expressionless, inutterable. Yet it is there.

Where do you find hope?

2. Cathy

Cathy New Member

There is only one place to find hope for me, and that is through my Savior, Jesus Christ.

3. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Sherry, sometimes hope finds me. THat is usually when I have surrendered instead of fighting to no avail.
    Paul

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

for a brief moment my head and body literally found no hope but my heart and soul just fought to hold on - even though i couldn't feel or see hope - I forced myself to believe that there was something to hold onto - during my darkest hours (and there were many) I thought back upon the people that believed in me and tolerated me even when I wasn't lovable; there are several people on this forum that are Angels. When I remembered their words; hope began to formulate. Actually hope had always been inside me; it was just hidden and strangled until the words and prayers from people on this forum began to breathe life into me. I took it not just day by day sometimes moment by moment and continually reminding myself to breathe!

5. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I have many Angels and heroes on this forum. Thank you!

6. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

When you think you have lost it all, including hope.........

begin again

7. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

[begin again
    [/quote]

that saved my live beautiful lady

8. sometimes I be feelin' contrary so I jest head off to the woods or a stream. I lay down on God's good soft earth and I look at the sky, jest like when I was a kid. Dreams come and peacefulness as well. I reckon a fella or a gal jest be havin' to git away from things even if jest fer a spell.
    OBB

9. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

TD -- :-* :-* :-* :-*

OBB - Wise words from a wise man!!

10. pardonme

pardonme Guest

11. silent melody

silent melody Jewish guilt - The gift that keeps on giving!

I find hope in the words of a friend.

12. Titus

Titus New Member

Jesus.

13. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Ain't that the truth, OBB?

14. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

exactly obb

15. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

"I am not an optimist, because I am not sure that everything ends well. Nor am I a pessimist, because I am not sure that everything ends badly. I just carry hope in my heart. Hope is a feeling that life and work have a meaning. You either have it or you don't, regardless of the state of the world that surrounds you.
    Life without hope is an empty, boring, and useless life. I cannot imagine that I could strive for something if I did not carry hope in me. I am thankful to God for this gift. It is as big a gift as life itself."
    --Vaclav Havel, Czech President

I believe President Havel was correct - hope is a gift from God.

16. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

i find hope in my babies,they have been through so much and never complain :)

17. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I find hope in my God and those that I know he puts in my life, got me through some hellish experiences.

18. Magenta

Magenta New Member

This is a hard one for me, as being such a positive person, I KNOW that things will be ok rather than hoping. Not sure if that makes sense, I will try later when I have more time to put it in a more understandable way! :)

19. dlbach1

dlbach1 New Member

At this moment in time - I don't. Before Meiere's - Yeshua. At times still - Yeshua. Someday, Always - Yeshua. :-\

20. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

I find hope in the touch of a hand, the warmth of a heart, words of friendship and a tender kiss from the one I love.