Where do you find hope?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by HeadNoise, Sep 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

The answer to the question “What do you think this hope is”?
    Is found in the beginning of the verse. The hope is that we are right with God.

Since there is nothing outside of God, We must be found right with him. Since no man has ever pleased or sought God (Romans 3:11) we can not be right with him. Yet if we are found “in Christ” 2 cor 5:17 Then our hope is that we are joint heirs with his son. This is a hope not seen as we see experientially. But it is a hope we see in positional truth. We are in Christ, placed there by God Himself. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23.

There is no greater hope than that of being right with God
    May the peace of God that passes all understanding be with you now and forver! Amen!

God Bless,
    Mike

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

3. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Wee one, don't put your hope in me. I am nobody. Although I like the quote "Shared joys are doubled; shared sorrows are halved", the only real hope we have must come from the Source - Jesus.

Aladdin :-* thinking about you!

4. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

Beautiful Sherry! (meant both ways)

Maybe I should learn to respond in such precise manner. Till then you will get lengthy posts from me.

But see, I am working on it! :)

God Bless,
    Mike

5. Titus

Titus New Member

Thank you Mike and Sherry.....beautiful.....both of you. I've read this thread many times, too.

6. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Mike, I can tell from your posts that you have an intimate relationship with our Heavenly Dad. God bless you.

7. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

"Cease, every joy, to glimmer on my mind,
    Bur leave ---oh! leave the light of Hope behind."

--Cicero (106BC-43BC) "Ad Atticum"

Hope is definitely a light in a dark place. We always keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.

8. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

I find hope in:

a rising and setting sun
    rain on the window
    a cup of coffee
    a good movie
    a good friend
    popcorn
    my father's smile
    a shopping spree
    a long walk
    fresh cut grass
    Chinese food
    clean laundry

there are many more, I am sure :)

9. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

"And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in Thee."
    Psalm 39:7

10. Titus

Titus New Member

AMEN

11. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

"If we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we WAIT eagerly for it." Romans 8:25

Waiting is hard. How is that a part of hoping?

12. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

xoxox

13. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

Waiting is the special part of hope. If already have, then we have nothing to hope for. If we believe we will receive then we have hope.

14. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Michael Card says in his book "A Sacred Sorrow - Reaching Out to God in the Lost Language of Lament":
    "If hope were ever to be found, it would not be in the world of men."

15. tess

tess New Member

16. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

"While there's life, there's hope."
    King Whitney, Jr.