Who are you related to in show biz, or who do you know that knows somebody in sh

Discussion in 'Your Fun 'n Games Room' started by NanKelly, Jul 8, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. prosecutrix2850

prosecutrix2850 New Member

I was an extra in the (original) Rollerball movie starring James Caan. It was filmed in Munich, Germany, and I was a college student. We met some of the rollerskaters at a bar and they got us jobs as extras and we even had dinner one night with James Caan--along with about 30 other cast members, but I did shake his hand!

Also my Dad's 2nd cousin was Buffalo Bill Cody.

2. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

hey... that face recognition software says i DO look like nicole ritchie!!! ROFLMAO!!!!! you can tell its onlye FACE recoginition and not BODY!!! ;D ;D ;D

3. prosecutrix2850

prosecutrix2850 New Member

Oh so you are not scrawny and pregnant?

4. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

nope...i'd take the scrawny part... but he** no on the pregnant part!!! LOL

5. Bergie

Bergie New Member

You are SOOOOOO much prettier then "she" could ever look!!! :-*

Get on the Short bus with me...will ya? ;D ;D ;D

6. wlyeager

wlyeager Fly fishing is good for the soul

A buddy of mine in high school, his father was the guy who ran the bar-b-que stand in the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Pretty cool, huh?

7. im2dizzy

im2dizzy New Member

Now, that is COOL ! i'm2dizzy

8. chrisk

chrisk New Member

My Father was in movies he was Sonja Henie's skating partner. He also had a small bit in "They were expendable" with John Wayne. It was filmed in the Flordia Keys and it was real boring when they weren't shooting so my dad would play cards with Wayne and some of the other stars. Later in the movie "The Green Berets Wayne's screen name was Col. Michael Kirby, my father's name. My father ran into him aout 3 years before he died and he remembered my Dad.

I'm very good friends with Lynn Holly Johnson, she was the star in the movie "Ice Castles" and she was also a Bond girl, she played "Bibi Doll" in "For your eyes only" I was invited to her 4th of July party this year, she's coming to my house for my Mom's birthday party in a couple of weeks.

9. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

New an inmate who was an extra in the movie Green Berets, does that count.

10. hipmama

hipmama New Member

My cousin's 2nd cousin in Ralph Macchio - aka The Karate Kid. :)

Another one of my cousins works at the Today Show - the one with Matt Lauer - and gets to meet all sorts of cool people. :)

I once walked behind Emo Phillips (comedian) in NYC, but was too shy to say hello. But, that doesn't count - right?

11. NanKelly

NanKelly Go Dawgs!!!

I love Ralph Macchio in My Cousin Vinny!!!!!

One of the best movies ever to me

12. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Genreal McArthur is in our family tree

Worked for the sister of Julanna Moore

Robert Duvall lives 10 miles from my home

Sat beside Chet Brinkley flying to Lexington, KY in the 70's

Dinned beside Robert Vaughn

Blocked Teddy Kennedy's limo at Washington National Airport, he was not nice about it

Todd Crespi went to high school with me

Embassador of Austria lived beside me growing up - Limburger, dated his son

13. NanKelly

NanKelly Go Dawgs!!!

Ok

I sat at a table right beside Sylvester Stallone, Don Johnson and Jack Nicholson in Colorado. Sylvester Stallone winked at me. I was about 25 then. Sylvester Stallone and Don Johnson were very short. I always thought Sylvester would be much taller than he was.

14. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Thurgood Marshall, US Supreme Court and Robert McNamara lived in my neighborhood.

15. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

The Artist Fred Thrasher is my next door neighbor, but I don't know if his paintings have gotten out of ky

16. pocus

pocus New Member

Walt Whitman was my G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-Great Uncle!!!

17. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

My Mom worked for a decorater- interior designer who had a client named Tom Wolf, the writer.

He became a friend of my parents. They were invited to the movie premiere of the Right Stuff. I was invited but had to work ,so I did not go. I did see his towne house in NYC. And my Brother had his wedding there in 1998.

He gave my Mom his glass table desk when his children were toddlers. I had a glass coffee table in my first aprtment stidio, and it was nice.

birdmom3

18. egross

egross New Member

Re: Who are you related to in show biz, or who do you know that knows somebody i

At an airport I shook President John F. Kennedy's hand when I was nine, I managed to be in the front of the line because my grandfather was a state congressman.

My husband went to school with Bruce Willis. Bruce was about 5 years younger than my husband and his friends. Bruce used to try to hang out with the older guys and they would chase him away. One time in Pennsgrove NJ Bruce streaked naked down the main street in town and a photographer took a picture of him which appeared on the front page of the local newspaper. One of my husband's friends still has a copy of the newspaper.

I was in Los Angeles staying at the hotel where Robert F. Kennedy was killed. When I was on my way to the restaurant I literally bumped into the actor (I can't remember his name - he was in the film Roger Rabbit, a very short British actor). I'm about 5'5 and it seemed like I was a head taller than he but what a nice man he was.

Oh - and one time Vice President Joe Biden was campaigning at a local supermarket and approached my 5 year old granddaughter, shook her hand and told her his name was Joe Biden and my granddaughter said Soooo, my daddy's John Wilkinson. Joe Biden cracked up.

19. ThornInDaesSide

ThornInDaesSide New Member

I'm descended from Benjamin Franklin on my mom's side, on dad's we had a signer of the Declaration of Independence. DH is a cousin of Carl Smith, the country singer who was June Carter Cash's first husband. Met Bill Pinkney, the last original member of The Drifters, (Up On The Roof, Under The Boardwalk), even in his 80s he was a very handsome man, a true gentleman. Met Admiral (Ret.) Jay Johnson when he was Chief of Naval Operations under Clinton. Not famous, but my cousin went from rolling pennies in a bank basement to being bank president/millionaire. Wish I were that good with numbers!

20. kay

kay New Member

I shook hands with Gerald R. Ford.