Who would you like to meet and why? Could be dead or alive.

Discussion in 'Your Fun 'n Games Room' started by pocus, Aug 9, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. pocus

pocus New Member

The person I would like to have met is my husband's late mother. I have always thought mothers have a huge impact on their sons, and I would just like to thank her for obviously doing something right when she raised Alan. He tells great stories about her, and there is always a tear in his eye when he mentions her. She must have been quite a lady.

2. prosecutrix2850

prosecutrix2850 New Member

I would have liked to have met Gandhi. He was such an utterly serene man. His very presence had a calming effect on people. And such wisdom! " My only weapon is non-violence."

I would also have liked to have met both of my grandmothers. One was a Polish immigrant whose husband died in the flu epidemic of 1918 while she was giving birth to their 2nd child. She raised those 2 little girls (my mother was only 1 at the time) by herself during the Depression by being a seamstress. But she instilled a love of education in my mother who did Master's work in French back in the 30s.

My Irish grandmother managed to raise 9 children alone --also during the Depression--by running a restaurant. My Dad was the 2nd youngest and his Dad died when he was 13. That kind of strength is inspiring.

3. NanKelly

NanKelly Go Dawgs!!!

Andy Garcia and Antonio Banderas

because I want to have sex with both of them ;D

4. NanKelly

NanKelly Go Dawgs!!!

Now after watching Carlito's Way and Heat....I want to meet Al Pacino and eat him up..... I likes me some dark headed mean looking men...

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Abe Lincoln
    Willie Mays
    All of the Oakland A's

Bergie....you just reminded me I missed someone:

Orlando Bloom :-*

6. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

awwww..stevie wonder...that's sooooo sweet!!!!! and you will someday!!! and she will be absolutely PERFECT!!!! ;D

7. wlyeager

wlyeager Fly fishing is good for the soul

Albert Eistein
    Crazy Horse
    Jerry Garcia

They all had interesting outlooks on life.

Lee

8. FreshFaith

i think i'd like to meet me.... but about 15 years down the road, just so i know what to expect.. i'm not big on suprises...

lol

9. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Well it really depends on the occassion.

If its down the road, 15 years...Johnny Depp

If its for dinner and drinks...Johnny Depp

If its for the day to chat....Johnny Depp

If its for sex...Johnny Depp!

(did I just say that? Hehe!!! :D :D Nan made me say it!!) ;D

10. FreshFaith

that Nan... i think maybe we need to meet HER!! she seems like a HOOT!! ;D

ok, thats it .. i wanna meet Nan..first round's on HER!!! LOL

11. FreshFaith

and
    and
    and
    Freddy Mercury from Queen...

and Rod Stewart.. oh gosh...

12. NanKelly

NanKelly Go Dawgs!!!

yea Faith and Bergie sound a lot like me. Faith looks young!!! How old are you girls?

I just watched Carlitos Way again tonight. That scene where he bust's the door down to get to his woman....How you dorin ???

13. FreshFaith

i'm forever young!!! ;D ;D ;D

14. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I'm the one on the right in that above picture with my Mom...Becky! :)

15. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Bertrand Russell
    Bergie
    Becks
    Gardenfish

Oh yeah..the guy who abused my dog before I got her. It might clear up a few mysteries about this whack job dog.

16. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

John Lennon - One of the greatest of all times...

[​IMG]..

17. Janice

Janice New Member

well I'm boring - I would love to meet my paternal grandfather who died when my dad was only 13 cause we no nothing at all about his family and we have been trying to do family history research for years and it's just not happening for us.

18. jrw

jrw New Member

Itzhak Perlman - I actually would like to have a violin lesson with him. :)

19. sparrow

sparrow Guest

My great grandfather. He built the first HUD subdivision in Massachusetts and was a master craftsman. I have alot of his handmade furniture, beautiful pieces.

Sparrow :D