Zovirax

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by melliecharm, Feb 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. melliecharm

melliecharm New Member

How many ppl are taking Zovirax as to treat Meniere's as a virus?
    I need to know...I may be on to something.
    I had PUPPPS when I was pregnant.

Mellie

2. melliecharm

melliecharm New Member

I have heard that ppl with Meniere's believe it may be viral, that's why I ask. It seems all these conditions are herpes related and Zovirax eases/shortens durations.

I am researching side effects of Zovirax. :-\

3. Chipmunk

Chipmunk New Member

Hi Mellie,

There is lots of information on antivirals in the database found here:

http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,23217.0.html

I think a virus is a cause for some of us with MM symptoms. The antivirals work for some, but not all. I tried acyclovir at the dosages recommended by Dr. Gacek, and it has helped me greatly. I figured it was worth a shot. Sometimes it is hard to find a doctor who will prescribe them though. The articles at the above link tell our stories.

4. melliecharm

melliecharm New Member

thank you very much, I amsure there are alot of repeat questions on this board..sorry i was another.

5. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

melliecharm - in the ten years I've been here, of course there are repeat questions, because there are - unfortunately - new people joining all the time.

It's always good to do a search (upper right hand corner of your screen) or take a look at the Database, and if you can, go back and read old posts.

But truthfully, all of us here have been in the position of being newbies, and being desperate for answers.

And new answers come up all the time, as people share resources and links they have found.

Bottom line: this is a place to come for support.

Oh, I took a course of Zovirax on two different occasions. Didn't help, probably because my diagnosis is mostly MAV, with a few other things thrown in.

6. Etadpole

Etadpole My wife & I on the Florida Atlantic Coast

I have been on it for a while now. It stopped the vertigo.

7. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Hi Mellie,
    My husband takes Zovirax (Acyclovir) as explained in the link above. He has been doing great ever since he started the treatment five months ago and continues to get better every day. It is safe for most people, but I noticed you have a baby so it is obviously important to check with a doctor about any side effects if you are breastfeeding or planning another pregnancy. I will Google it when I have the chance, but in the meantime...what is PUPPPS?

Etadpole, how long have you been taking antivirals? I hope you will post more about your experiences.

8. June-

June- New Member

Acyclovir helped me a lot.

9. melliecharm

melliecharm New Member

oh no..my baby is going to be 4 in March...i SO APPRECIATE your comment about breastfeeding and meds. Thank you for that concern.
    PUPPPS is actually a form of herpes that only pregnant women get. Dr's say it is because you are allergic to the placenta. They are tiny red raised bumps that itch and burn like fire 24-7. You cannot take anything because you are pregnant. I used mint soap and took several baths a day. I also cried ALOT.
    I just thought that maybe I was carrying the virus somehow because now it I have Meniere's!
    Its just seems like more than a coincidence.
    God bless <>< Mellie