Zuma and other computer games

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Maple Street, Oct 24, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Maple Street

Maple Street New Member

Anyone here play computer games? and if so do they make you sick? I love playing them and find them very addicting but they make me so sick. I don't play often but when I do I tell myself I will never do it again because of the way they make me feel but in the end I play again.

Zuma is one of my favorite games but everytime those balls start to roll in any way at all, especially backwards, I feel so, so car sick. Sometimes I will play for an hour straight!! Ugh!! I can barely walk when finished and more often than not have to take valium. Starting today never again will I play, it's not worth that terrible feeling!

Is this a common problem for people with vertigo or is it just me?

Jane

2. meyers23

meyers23 New Member

I play Zuma Blitz occasionally. I have had problems with it in the past. I don't generally play for very long (maybe 10 minutes tops). I think I'm lucky in that things like that don't typically send me spinning.

3. Maple Street

Maple Street New Member

so it's just me? No one else has problems with computer games?

Meyers, I wish I could stop at 10 minutes!!

4. Brownrecluse

Brownrecluse New Member

I play a bunch, mostly RPGs, including World of Warcraft for over 6 years now and others like Dragon Age, the Call of Duty Series, and many more. I have to turn the sound off, and turn away if there is crazy stuff on the screen, and I do avoid things with a lot of bouncing around stuff and psychedelic visuals. But no, playing them the way I do does not make me sick. Indeed, they often have a calming effect on me, by causing me to forget, or sublimate, my illnesses.

I also do crosswords and word game things like "Every Word" on my Kindle. Again, not "busy" screens, but diverting and a way to keep my brain active.

5. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Hi Jane. The only computer game I usually play is online Scrabble and it doesn't cause me any problems since there's not a lot of movement to it. I like it too because I think it helps keep my mind sharper and I've met a lot of nice people as well.

6. meyers23

meyers23 New Member

I might play more, but with my kids and my schedule and how freaking tired I am I just don't have a lot of time.

I used to play mob wars until I realized how utterly stupid it is. When I would get up in the morning, the first thing I would do is play mob wars and the last thing I would do before I go to bed is play mob wars. I finally realized how ridiculous it was and how much of a waste of time it was and quit cold turkey. Now if only I could quit MM cold turkey... :)

7. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

oh gosh any game that is computerized makes me sick....

scrolling on the computer is very difficult for me as well

best wishes...

8. Maple Street

Maple Street New Member

Aladdin, I also have a problem with scrollling on the computer. I can not sit with someone at their computer with them in control of the mouse, makes me so sick. I'm usually okay if I'm controlling it. And no, I'm not at all a control freak in real life, just at the computer am I. I can't stand all those things that move across my screen on many web sites. But Zuma is the absolute worst for me. Scrabble I can handle.

I wonder if this is more of an MAV thing than am MM thing. With my VNG test I had a very hard time following the lights, which indicated a central problem. And while the caloric part made me very dizzy, I didn't find it anywhere near as bad as following the lights.