1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Quotes

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by BumbleBea, May 13, 2015.

1. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    The thought of my purpose...the why..it is always there in the back of my mind. I feel like sometimes others expect more from me, considering the circumstances behind my extended life. So far it’s to be a father and husband...and maybe to bring comic relief to others at times.

2. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Old friend
    Why are you so sad?

-Adele

3. When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting you’ll find it, you surely will.~ Walt Disney

4. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I like that. So hard to not become jaded and cynical. I look to Jesus and Kwai Chang Caine for guidance. So very far from reaching their ideals. "Turn the other cheek" is a laughable, nearly impossible, beautiful admonition.

5. My parents were very weird. Looking back, I know it’s because of the professions they each chose, but nothing was off limits for humor. Humor helps.

Turning the other cheek just reminds me, you know the book of Job? He loses everything, but then he gets it all back. More riches, more children, etc. I’ve wondered, did Job ever think, “well all this new stuff is great, but I’d like my old kids and life back, now please? Thank you.” SEE humor in anything. ;)

6. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

-Frank Zappa

7. Sorry, YOUR very own original quote. Infinitely better.

8. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    8)

9. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    The last line made me laugh. I like how the other lines were all wise-man stuff. Then he ends with the childish, bratty, "music is the best". It doesn't hurt that he happens to be right.

In that vein I guess I'll quote my childhood self. They tell me I used to go around repeating, "Today is tomorrow and tomorrow is today."

Then years later I see that Beck made better sense of it with his lyric, "Today has been a f****d up day. Looks like tomorrow gonna be the same old day."

With one Meniere's day blurring into the next, it's all coming to fruition now. Something deep in my 7 year old brain knew this was going to happen to me. Hah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LSSYhSEReY

10. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    That song is my work life 100%.

And Zappa always has a knack for saying something you didn’t expect.

11. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I wonder if I love Jimmy Page more than you love Frank Zappa.

12. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Two icons that deserve it.

To quote a band Muscadine, who I may have mentioned to you before..

"And I guess that you could call this writer's block
    If you can
    And all the greatest men have already been
    Understand?"

13. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Survive
    One motive, no hope
    Cause every sidewalk I walk
    Is like a tightrope

Rage Against The Machine

Funny how unrelated lyrics can be applied to MM.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Agree with your comment. I think artists often leave things vague for a reason. Letting us make the songs our own.

Must disagree with the "no hope" line. That's a line one shouldn't cross lightly. At least not until you've had a surgery or two...or three. All you've done so far is taken a bunch of glorified vitamins.

I sort of jest. But man, don't you be thinking like that. Makes me sad to hear you go there.

15. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks man. The key word is “survive”. It’s been rough and now it’s time to take the next step. The AV’s most likely aren’t going to help me. And I’m pretty sure the diazide was actually making my dizziness worse. That being said, I’ll continue the AV’s until my appointment next month, just in case.

16. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    So shall we in the route of life
    Some thought, some faith, some meaning save,
    And speak it once before we go
    In silence to the silent grave.

--George Orwell

17. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    It is, what it is.

( I seem to be saying that a lot lately in regards to this disorder..a pithy quote but often apropos.)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Could be worse

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    "But I am actually good
    Can't help it if we're tilted"

Christine and the Queens

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    "Dr. Johnson," they said, "we are delighted to find that you have not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary."

"Ladies," said Dr. Johnson, "I congratulate you on being able to look them up."

~ Dr. Samuel Johnson (18 September 1709 – 13 December 1784), the great lexicographer, & compiler of the first English dictionary to use quotations—no fewer than 114,000 of them, in fact ~

• Funny Funny x 1