1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

CBD Oil

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by PapaJoe, Aug 27, 2018.

1. sjw111

sjw111 Member

Nov 3, 2016
    CBD holds a lot of promise...but a lot of hype too since I doubt it cures everything. But here IS a big thing. Be very careful to understand how to metabolizes in the liver. (only applicable if you take it orally vs vape etc) A must Google search if you take another drugs. Because the reaction in the liver hypes up many drugs and stops others from being metabolized at all. Think grapefruit only 100x times worse. The workaround is to take it in another form. (vape, topical etc) To save you a little time here is one article... CBD-Drug Interactions: Role of Cytochrome P450

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014

Thanks for the warning!

I've improved to the point where I'm only taking one prescription med, and sometimes I forget about the drug interactions.

3. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Earler in this string Clare asked a question about use of the CBD oil. Is it just used to tame a current attack or can it be used a prevention method? Anyone know? Thanks.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  4. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014
    For me, it's best used as a preventative, take a few drops in the AM. For me, if I'm on the edge of an attack, it might help or it might not. If I start to feel unsteady, I take more, and that usually wards it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I find this posting fascinating. I have been vertigo free for the most part since my new ENT put me back on a diuretic with a potassium supplement. It seems my potassium levels would steadily drop while taking the diuretics. Now my only vertigo attacks have occurred within a few days of receiving MRI's while monitoring an unrelated condition. I believe the contrast injected is causing the attacks. I need to get another mri and I am wondering if CBD might help stop what I fear will happen within 48 hours of the mri. My Dr. said they have no pre-med option. The typical scenario is; I go for the mri which includes a contrast injection, and within 48 hours I experience at least 3 hours of violent vertigo with all the accompanying fun and games. I also experience an additional blessing of several days of general unsteadiness and brain fog. It all fades away after 4-5 days post mri.

6. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Very interesting. If the response to the pre-MRI injection is so predictable, I wonder what is in that contrast injection. It almost seems like you could reverse engineer it and find something useful in fighting the condition it brings on. Probably doesn't work that way though.

7. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Intriguing... I’m on lots of supplements and meds, just starting antivirals but it’s lovely to know of all the options. I’m Canadian so it’s all legal now. Thanks for the info and the interaction article. Any Canadian especially Calgarians find a good source/store/brand?

8. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    My hubby gave me a little bottle of cbd oil for Christmas! I’ll try it and keep you posted. I’ll check out those interactions first.

9. Jsnider

Jsnider Member

Oct 17, 2018
    Papa Joe - you seem to be the CBD oil expert so here goes. Will you please tell me the exact type/brand you use, the cost, the dosage, and when you take it? Plus anything else I should know about. Do you take it everyday? Thank you. I'm willing to try this now. Just want to do exactly what you do. Thank you - Merry Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    My little bottle saysB&K Yyc Full Spectrum Hemp Derived CBD, 500 mg, 15 mg. I was instructed to take 1-6 drops (=1-6mg) per dose. For quick onset put it under tongue - should kick in within 15 minutes and last 4-6 hours. For less urgent use, same dose but swallow it or put it on food. Should last 6-8 hours.

I was feeling disequilibrium and that pre-vertigo warning feeling as I worked in the kitchen, so I tried just one drop under the tongue. This afternoon my disequilibrium was maybe less, and I felt more relaxed I think.

It looks promising to me as it might be helpful for my Menieres, migraine, fibromyalgia, bone strength, depression, and anxiety.

I still need to research more about interactions with my other meds and supplements- antihistamines, benzodiazepines, ibuprofen. And yes I also wonder if it will be helpful to take this just as needed, or daily for awhile; and need to see how driveable I feel on what dose, or how soon after a dose. I don’t want an addiction issue with it.

There are lots of websites so it’s a little overwhelming. I found this one useful today - CBD101: The Beginners Guide on www.medium.com

11. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    More info: this bottle of Full Spectrum CBD (hemp so should be no THC) is 500 mg of CBD in 15millilitres of oil. Cost about $50. (Calgary, Canada)

12. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I’ve had a couple of short vertigo attacks since starting the CBD. It maybe makes me mellow, but really vivid and some scary dreams at night. Not sure it’s coincidence or not. If I read one chart, it may reduce the effectiveness of my clonazepam? I’m on so many things, many new ones, so I think I’ll take a break from it for now... though I’m very attracted to the idea of taking it!

13. faisalamjad

faisalamjad New Member

Mar 18, 2020
    All fixings and crude materials utilized in every item should be lab tried and checked to guarantee the quality and immaculateness of the products.On the remote possibility that you are looking for a CBD oil supplier that offers ONLY the most secure . Created and . conveyed CBD oil things

14. Ben Hewson

Ben Hewson New Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Canada
    Cannabidiol is a Phytocannabinoid discovered in 1940. It is one of 113 identified Cannabinoids in cannabis plants and accounts for up to 40% of the plant's extract.

15. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I thought that it was not allowed in Spain, but I just saw and CBD is totally legal and is for sale in oil, creams, etc. What I have are some doubts that I don't know if someone could help me:

1- I weigh 54kg and I measure 1.78cm (very thin). What dose should I take? I have read that I should start with small doses and work my way up to the recommended dose for my weight, but the tables that I find that say the doses to take differ between mild, medium and strong effect. And then they classify various diseases indicating whether the dose to be taken is mild, medium or strong. But there is no information for meniere.

2- Is anything known with certainty about interactions with other drugs? Any list? Right now I only take betahistine. Those of you who take it, you can say with which other medications you are taking it without side effects, etc.

3- Is it to prevent vertigo attacks or also dizziness? Has anyone gotten better tinnitus?

4-What to buy? Someone could use google translate on this website and tell me which one to choose: Aceite CBD - Compra Aceite de Cannabis – Alto CBD - Eurogrow

Thank you

16. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Ivana - I use Plus CBD Oil Spray - 2 oz 500 mg. I was given this from my functional medicine neurologist who said to take two sprays (honestly it comes out more like a squirt) up to four or five times a day. You have to continually use it for it to be effective. Meaning if you use it a couple of weeks and then don’t use it for a day or two, you start the process all over again. It has to build up in your system. I’m giving you the link to the website I use. I use the peppermint. :)

PlusCBD™ Oil | CBD Hemp Oil for Sale: Buy Natural CBD

I haven’t found that it helps at all with tinnitus, but it does help me to relax, which in turn helps with the dizziness or feeling of being unbalanced.

I don’t know how to convert to inches and pounds, but I’m 5’ 4” and about 130 pounds and take what I suggested above.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    On Monday I think I will get my 10% CBC, the problem is that it has 0.2% THC and in Europe I think that can give a positive drug test when driving. On the other hand, I am not clear about the dose I should take, I have calculated that each drop has 3.3mg of CBD, but I don't know if I should take 6mg a day, for example when I wake up, or take it every eight hours.

For example, for pain, they recommend taking 3 drops every 8 hours as a minimum dose and as a maximum dose 5 drops (according to my weight).

18. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    This site might help.
    CBD Drug Interactions: What Drugs Should Not Be Taken With CBD

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Very grateful and very important that list, for example I now know that I cannot take diazepam. I don't usually take it, but some night if I feel bad or just want to have a good night's rest I take 5mg. It is also important that it is not compatible with the immune system drugs because I may have to take them in a few months so by then I will stop taking CBC.

Today it came to me and I took my first dose, but I am not able to detect when two drops reach under my tongue. In fact, I thought nothing was coming out and I think I must have used like 10-12 drops at once, I spit out half just in case and swallowed the rest. From now on I am going to take it with water or food, the effect is the same only that it takes longer to reach the bloodstream, so I will know that I am taking the exact dose.

20. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    My tinnitus has returned to normal and the mild hyperacusis is gone. The little scientific evidence indicates that CBD can worsen subjective tinnitus and in the forum of those affected with tinnitus there is a thread about CBD where most comments affirm that taking CBD worsens their tinnitus and that sometimes it even takes weeks until Back to normal. There is a minority who affirm that it works for them to the point that they hear the silence again.

My theory is that tinnitus like Meniere does not occur from a single common cause but from several different ones. It is possible that CBD helps with some of these causes (probably tinnitus due to stress, anxiety or nerves), but with others it makes it worse.

It's a shame because my CBD cost a lot of money and I need it for the protocol I'm doing. But hey, maybe it will help my dog who is almost 16 years old, cancer and hip problems, CBD seems to relieve pain and inflammation so maybe it will help him live his last months better.