1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Viral Deniers are Everywhere

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by clearing, Jan 18, 2019.

1. clearing

clearing Guest

Is anyone else noticing how many pro-pharma 'viral deniers' are on the MD message boards?

Be it on Facebook, reddit or even on this site, it seems like some think we are a good hunting ground to push patients to use prescription drugs and limit their focus to only symptom relief. They seem real in some cases, often taking on a persona of a Meniere's patient but oops...in the middle of that casual comment on tinnitus or peanut allergies...they slip in a "no one knows what causes Meniere's" when someone mentions an antiviral. And..."A natural diet is all you need....or "I am in 100% remission from just avoiding salt." One I saw the other day. "Anyone who tells you they know anything about Meniere's is a fool." Really? Dr Gacek of UMass is a fool? JOH? All the researchers from Europe, Japan and the genetic research in Spain? All the patients who are benefiting from their research?
    Read more here:
    http://www.mm3admin.co.za/documents/docmanager/6e64f7e1-715e-4fd6-8315-424683839664/00056616.pdf

Admins of these sites cannot sort out all the posers and make adjustments. Indeed, in some forums the admins themselves are from industry. They have the power to comment and delete a post not deemed worthy and censor any dissent from the drumbeat of 'give up and deal with it'.

Don't be distracted by them.

The shockwaves from the latest tranche of clinical studies are noticeable. These studies proved that virals are not only present but that patients can respond very well to an antiviral regimen. And these studies only covered prescription antivirals. When will the first MD studies be conducted comparing natural antivirals like olive leaf extract, monolaurin etc? A healthy number of studies have already proven that these are effective in reducing viral loads and helping long term to reduce symptoms in patients with a viral infection. It stands to reason that if 1. viruses are either the cause or a large contributing factor as proven, and 2. we know we have all these antiviral tools like acyclovir, famicyclovir and valacyclovir, BHT, Monolaurin, Olive leaf extract, astralgas, essiac tea, Lysine, vitamin C, colloidal silver...then 3. Rather than waiting forever to find that elusive enlightened Meniere's Dr. and incurring more damage to hearing and wellness While you wait...we can start today on treating the underlying cause and complicating factors.

We would always want a good Dr. to assist treatment efforts. But, the startling truth is Most Dr' send patients home with 'deal with it' hopelessness and expensive and all too often inapproiate procedures.

We who are making progress have knowledge birthed from a motley mix of rare Dr's remote to many, researchers who's studies are pushed down search results past the 50th+ page, and curious patient leaders, that while perhaps lacking a medical degree, are brave enough to post what they have read and found in their own self treatment.

The good news is there has been an explosion in MD patients trying to get on antivirals and getting better. Awareness is increasing.
    However, along with that is a coincidal industry awareness of a threat to their MD Revenue stream. We can be big money to clinics!

The next time you see a post that looks fishy, not of a humble patient, curious and haggered from the symptoms but of an oddly motivated poster nay saying obvious breakthroughs...don't get down. Don't start doubting progress. Take those poser comments as further evidence that we are on the right path and we are upsetting the apple cart of the symptom management industry.

What is your regimen and how can it improve from your baseline? Which antivirals have you tried? Have you had your viral load tested? Are you seeking an acyclovir, famocyclivir or valacyclovir prescription? Are you seeking an enlightened Meniere's Dr? If you cant get a prescription have you considered buying OTC antivirals?

Stay strong and focused!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Clearing,

If you are in any way associated with the numerous labels/products or product portals you've linked to throughout your short time here, it would be appropriate for you to disclose it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. clearing

clearing Guest

No association with any products. Notable though...this from the person who suggested
    "Has anyone tried squeezing a tube of Vagisil into affected ear?"

I believe you are suffering with Meniere's - maybe I am wrong. But trying to discredit the messenger attempts to distract us from the expanded toolbox we now have available to us. Merely suppressing replication as in Lysine, or a cyclovir type product need not be the penultimate of meniere's treatment anymore. Antivirals that actually undermine the lipid layer and kill the virus cells are what we can include in our regimen to move the needle in our treatment. Die off from these is direct evidence we are killing the viruses (and other pathogens). Moreover, you can experience die off as I have from one...allow it to rise and fall back to a lower level and then add another and achieve a whole new die off reaction. Each substance has their own merits, which is why I am a fan of layering and diversification to avoid biofilms being created by the viruses.

There are no guarantees but there is better than hope now to not only reduce meniere's symptoms but also reduce cancer risk and illness from these viruses, bacteria and even parasites.
    Embarrassingly, I didn't know this until recently when doing an exhaustive search on what viral patients were doing for treatment. Once I learned it was possible to reduce viral loads I included a search on better antivirals and started comparing each one I could find. That list still grows. Taking a page from those who are being treated in clinics for robust herpes, epstein barr, chicken pox, HIV or shingles infections we can utilize more tools and lower our viral loads.
    If you were to actually collect providers of all of these mostly natural products it might number in the high hundreds or thousands. My focus is to find good GMP certified facilities, organic product with no excipients and a standardized amount each time to make it easier to adjust dosages.

This was a revelation to me and is to many others who have meniere's. This is not in the pharma pamphlet some of us received after being diagnosed. You may never hear of these options from a conventional Dr. who focuses on symptom relief. Good luck waiting for that. Heck, they wont even recognize a virus as anything more than a passing theory and yet look at all the research and great results from us patients. Its almost harder to find a patient that isn't on a cyclovir, lysine or attempting to get a prescription than those who are not aware. And yet, I wont give up my acyclovir product or baseline JOH treatment. I need to suppress AND kill. Will I one day be able to drop those? I hope. We shall see. Going from the expanded JOH baseline of Lysine, vitamin c and a cyclovir product to the expanded options of BHT, Monolaurin, Olive leaf extract, astralgas, colloidal silver, essiac tea and others may be the best chance we have to reduce our viral loads and ultimately, regardless of the years it might take, end up in a far better place with our condition. The future will be clearer one day but for now I have reduced my episodes by one a month and on average my tinnitus has lowered. I believe it will take several years to achieve blood 0 on my tests... but what else would I be doing?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Clearing
    I appreciate hearing what has worked for others.
    There is no need to criticize- Pupper was asking an honest question- please don’t put people down for asking questions here.
    You’ve made your opinion on treatment clear - it’s up to us to glean what may be useful to us as individuals.

5. Glenn

Glenn Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Indy
    Ok; I got it! But I do not know where to buy most of these yet: Famicyclovir, valacycovir, lysine, vitamin C, BHT (whatever that is) ,Monolaurin, Olive leaf extract, estral gas, collodial silver, essiac tea, and coconut oil? Please let us all know what the long-term term effects are of taking all of these together, also, I am new here and don't know wth I am suppose to do.. Thank-You

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  6. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Glenn, the first step is to get a medical diagnosis, ideally from a doctor who specializes in balance or dizziness issues. Because dizziness is a symptom of many different disorders (migraine, BPPV, tumor, etc.), the doctor will try to rule out other causes that could be messing with your vestibular system. Usually an MRI of the brain is done as part of this process. A hearing test (audiogram) is done to look for loss in the lower frequencies, which is a classic sign of Meniere's. Most people lose hearing first in the higher frequencies as they age. Sometimes testing of balance and eye movements is done to assess strength of the different parts of the vestibular system and to figure out whether one or both sides is affected. But mostly the doctor will ask lots of questions about you and your symptoms.

There are four classic symptoms that point to a Meniere's diagnosis if other illness has been ruled out. If you have all four, you most likely have Meniere's. These are:
    • spinning vertigo for longer than 20 minutes and often several hours;
    • hearing loss in the lower frequencies;
    • tinnitus;
    • a feeling of fullness in the ear.
    If you don't have all four symptoms, you likely don't have Meniere's, and you could have something else that is treatable in a much different way and could be more or less serious. That's why it's so important to start with a diagnosis from a knowledgeable doctor. Do that before you start treating yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. JennaLu

JennaLu New Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Still learning here....do most people who believe Herpes is at the root of their MD actually have or have had active outbreaks as in sores?

8. clearing

clearing Guest

herpes and or epstein barr, and or chicken pox, and or about 80 other types of viruses. may be many for some...yes, the science is that once you get herpes you have it for life and this can be demonstrated with a test that shows active antibodies.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I do get cold sores but not necessarily when I have vertigo.

I developed cfs in my teens - looked like mono but the mono test was never positive. CMV perhaps

10. JennaLu

JennaLu New Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Thank you for the info, clearing and AnneT. This site has just been amazing for info. I've had EBV and CMV (high school) but tested negative for Herpes. I'm going to ask my ENT if the antivirals also work for EBV and CMV. It seems they do so I'm eager to get on those.

11. dwaynehoover

dwaynehoover Member

May 13, 2014

• Like Like x 1
  12. dwaynehoover

dwaynehoover Member

May 13, 2014
    I agree with much of what clearing said, I also agree wholeheartedly with his disdain for Ent doctors. I do not have his belief in people trying necessarily to disuade use of antivirals. It isnt so easy sometimes to get well on antivirals, some relapses that I have had took months to control, but yes the antivirals are the reason that I am doing well. Try everything antiviral, personally I like famciclovir and Vslacyclovir. Godspeed on the natural stuff but I needed the strong stuff. Alas , my dose is quite low now.Doctors in USA only follow guidelines to avoid lawsuits and censure. Do not trust the opinion of any Ent without your own input and effort. Dont say "he has me on..." thats absurd, you need to have input as to what you are "on". Dont let any doctor determine your dose, just go to gp doctor, tell them that antiviral is the only thi g that ever helped you and hand them a sheet saying 90 pills 500 mg famciclovir with 2 refills. Thats why I am in your office, any questions doc?

13. clearing

clearing Guest

I appreciate the response dwaynehoover. agree to disagree on some who are posing as meniere's patients with agendas.

I would encourage you to keep a more open mind on antivirals. monolaurin, Olive leaf extract and BHT are far more powerful at killing virus than any of the cyclovir products. (i am not giving mine up yet though) even at my 800mg 3 times a day levels, I never experienced any die off. Has anyone else? within 3 days of all of those naturals, I had to dial back the dosage a tad to maintain a lower die off level. I hope one day you will at least try one of them for a few weeks. no doubt some naturals are overtouted. Even turmeric. which we all know is good for us, did not move the needle on inflammation like say CBD or even advil did for me.

14. Eddie

Eddie New Member

Mar 15, 2019
    Dr. Gacek is a genius that saved my wife’s health. We tried everything and every type of expert before we found him. I think it’s shameful that people are badmouthing him and his research. It was the ONLY thing that helped!

15. joebiosolid

joebiosolid New Member

Dec 18, 2017
    I asked my GP about testing me for a viral load and she said it depends on what virus you are testing for. Are you saying that there is a universal viral blood test that can be done?

16. clearing

clearing Guest

she is correct. a PCR quantitative test measures the amount of antibodies we have towards a given virus. you can do one for each but they are a little pricey depending on insurance coverage.. There are more universal Qualitative tests that have been developed (zircon) this is just a 'yes or no' if you have it. assume you have a certain amount of HSV or EBV that is present. the same antivirals can work for both. acyclovirs, olive leaf extract, lomatium, monolaurin and oregano oil.

17. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    In my experience, these tests tell you what you already know, you have been exposed to a virus previously, you may have one active now etc. They viruses are ubiquitous. They dont tell you whether taking an antiviral will help your ear at this time. Trying an antiviral will tell you that with much more certainty and much less money.

18. clearing

clearing Guest

That's not totally true but a practical sentiment. You can measure the load of HSV1 so you can track progress and adjust routine. Its not necessary for getting better...if one knows how to reduce viral load successfully with antivirals.

19. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    You're not kidding. They're everywhere. I got up to use the bathroom last night and a hand grabbed my ankle. I looked under the bed and yep, sure enough, another viral denier.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    What is your medical background with regard to human herpes viruses and viral testing Clearing? Your information is contrary to what my doctors have told me and i have had several instances of human herpes viral infections related and unrelated to my CH so i have had a few tests done. My doctors are not viral deniers. Information they yielded was limited.

• Like Like x 1