1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Alternative Medicine: Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Brian G PDX, May 1, 2019.

1. Brian G PDX

Brian G PDX New Member

May 1, 2019
    I know that a lot of doctors dismiss these things as quackery, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience using things like acupuncture, chiropractors and massage for their Meniere's Disease.

Cheers.

2. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Jan 19, 2019
    I have been seeing a chiropractor for years for adjustments which I feel do help a little to manage this monster. When I was first diagnosed about 19 years ago, and struggling for a couple years without much help or encouragement from the doctors I went to, I was told by friends about the ENT I have been seeing for years now, as well as a chiropractor. My friend called me one day & told me she had mentioned me, and my struggle, to the chiropractor she was seeing. He encouraged her to contact me, stating he could not cure the Menierer's but could help with the symptoms. I made an appointment right away, and saw him at least two times per month for about 15 years. Then he retired. I still miss him - a lot. But, I lucked out because the chiropractor that took over the practice really wanted to help me, so through the past couple years we have worked together to find adjustments that help. (Every chiropractor is a little different in how they adjust). Also, I found another chiropractor that is really worked hard and studied about Menierer's so she can help me, too. I have a really bad neck, and I feel that when my neck is out of adjustment it makes the Menierer's symptoms worse. Hope this helps with your question.

3. AmyLeigh

AmyLeigh Member

Mar 26, 2019
    I see an upper cervical chiropractor 1-2 times/month. I believe his adjustments help me. As much as I want to chalk it up to "quackery" too, I've noticed that when I'm good about seeing him regularly, I have fewer attacks. Mind you, this is in conjunction with maintaining the JOH routine, avoiding salt and keeping my stress down and sleep up. So who knows!

4. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson Member

Feb 7, 2019
    This could've been my post. The NUCCA guy has helped me. I was very crooked (likely from 2 decades of football, lacrosse, and rugby). Getting my neck/head straight seems to have helped.

5. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Jan 19, 2019
    I guess I should add, as well, this is in conjunction with a extremely low sodium, no sugars, no caffeine, diet and taking a water pill. I am now trying betahistine, anti viral, and vitamin b's.

6. Adam

Adam New Member

Apr 12, 2019
    How are you going with the anti virals and vitamin b’s Rebecca

7. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Jan 19, 2019
    I sure wish I knew. I have days and partial days when I think, "maybe this is working", then days when I'd rather go to sleep and never wake up. I am being such a baby, I know, as I have not gone back to having full blown vertigo attacks. The fullness, tinnitus, lack of balance, weird feeling in my head, fogginess, lack of energy, feeling like I've been run over by a truck - and such anxiety over feeling I could have vertigo at any moment has really changed my life again over the last 4 months. But, maybe all the things I am doing is why I haven't had major vertigo, just momentary spins. I don't know?? This disease is a mystery, and not a very fun one...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dnrpn

Dnrpn Member

May 11, 2019
    Canada
    You’re not being a baby at all. It’s simply a terrible way of life that we have little control over, if any. How long have you been taking the antivirals for?

9. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Jan 19, 2019
    On a daily basis about 2 months. But a month of that was only once a day. Then twice a day. My ENT, last week, indicated he does not agree with long term use of an anti-viral. He agreed to giving me a prescription because I wanted to try it. But says it will not get to the root of the problem. This is sooooo confusing. I mentioned the vitamin B5 & B6 and even printed and gave him a copy of the whole protocol. But, I don't think he read it. He said B vitamins are good, but, regular over the counter stuff don't always get absorbed into the cels where they need to be. He sold me some special "active" b's that are suppose to get into the cels. But, when I read the ingredients, I am not seeing that the one that was suppose to have b5 in it actually does. I will be calling him this week. He is having me try Betahystine. Like I said.... confusing.

10. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Rebecca - I think because most ENT’s learn one way to treat the symptoms and most medical doctors, in general, believe the only way to treat any disease is with medication. They know very little about natural healing.:rolleyes: