1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

My B5+B6 Log

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by imasteeler, Mar 12, 2019.

1. flyjetz

flyjetz New Member

Sep 8, 2014
    John of Ohio -

I've been on you regimen for a long time. Daily now for about 8 years. In addition to this, I had been taking a diuretic. My doctor recently placed me on Famcyclovir to try to help with some continuing hearing loss. My question is do you think it is okay to stop the l-Lysine since it is intended to act the same way that Famvir does?

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    That should be answered by a physician (who, however, may not be aware of the efficacy of lysine against herpes viruses). Personally, I'd continue with both, at least until the targeted symptoms are suppressed for some good time. Why limit the antiherpetic activities of both? With both, a therapeutic double whammy.

--John of Ohio

3. imasteeler

imasteeler Member

May 12, 2014
    Houston
    One last B5/B6 update - day 45 and still good on all counts. Tinnitus is down in both ears, dizziness all but gone except for an occasional very mild wobbly on my feet in the mornings.

Hearing has been off and on for the last 2 weeks though. Odd how it fades in and out, going from crystal clear to muddy and distorted - with no apparent cause. Still trying to sort this out.

But the B5/B6 seems to be keeping the worst of the MM symptoms at bay...!

Best wishes to all - and fight on!

JMC

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Glad to hear it Steeler.

5. Riplip

Riplip Member

Mar 16, 2018
    NH
    I'm glad to hear its working for you. I started the B5/B6 on March 6th. I haven't changed at all so when these bottles are finished I'll try stopping and see if anything changes.

6. jt_vic

jt_vic New Member

Apr 28, 2019
    G’day Bennyhill, I managed to get 100mg pills of both B5 & B6 online in Aus at iherb.com. I assume the reason for the 125mg dose is because it’s a quarter of 500.

7. Brian G PDX

Brian G PDX New Member

May 1, 2019
    I am newly diagnosed with MD and just started doing JOH last Tuesday. After reading some of the comments about B5 and B6, I decided to go ahead and add Coenzyme B-Complex Caps to my regimen. it contains 50mg of B5 and 80mg of B6, so I took two of them. I took them for the first time this morning and wow. I was surprised by how quickly the fullness in my ears died down. As a matter of fact, it seemed to have cleared up my stuffy nose as well.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Brian G PDX

Brian G PDX New Member

May 1, 2019
    Well, I felt some relief from the pressure at about 9:00 AM, about an hour after taking my B-Complex. Sadly both the pressure and the ringing returned by about 1:00 PM. Still going to stick it out, but at least it seems to demonstrate a connection between the pressure/tinnitus and B vitamins.

Cheers.

9. Dario

Dario Member

Apr 30, 2019
    Melbourne
  10. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    Correct. Actually, the doseage I was originally told about in 2010 was 150mg of B6, which was not available in Australia. I used to buy 250mg B5 and took half (125mg) and that is my dose since. That went out of production last year, so I now purchase 500mg and break it into four pieces. If you have 100mg B5, take 1 1/2 to give you 150mg. 100mg B5 may not be enough.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Barbara

Barbara New Member

May 26, 2019
    Hi Bennyhill:) Thank you so much for all your helpful posts! I talk a multi that has, among other things, 75 mg of B5 and 20 mg of B6. Since that isn't enough per what you are taking, I'm looking at a vitamin B complex. Do you think this one is ok? Here is what it has in it:
    • Thiamin - (As Thiamin Mononitrate) 100 Mg
    • Riboflavin 100 Mg
    • Niacin - (As Niacinamide) 100 Mg
    • Vitamin B6 - (As Pyridoxine Hci) 100 Mg
    • Folic Acid 400 Mcg
    • Vitamin B12 - (As Cobalamin) 100 Mcg
    • Biotin - (As D-Biotin) 100 Mcg
    • Pantothenic Acid - (From D-Ca Pantothenate) 100 Mg
    • Inositol 100 Mg
    • Choline - (As Choline Bitartrate)

12. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    100mg of B6 is the dose I take. The 100mg Pantothenic Acid (B5) is lower than the 125mg that I take. Certainly try it. It's better than the previous doseages which are too low. I don't take any other vitamins.

13. Dario

Dario Member

Apr 30, 2019
    Melbourne
  14. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson Member

Feb 7, 2019
    Update from my end. I've been on a pretty good roll. JOH plus B vitamin complex plus Coq10 and magnesium plus monolaurin. If I get to feeling cocky, I can still throw myself off by eating/drinking too much crap and/or not getting enough sleep, but I'm definitely on a good upward trend. I think that adding the B vitamins indicated an additional improvement over what JOH had done (which was significant).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    That looks similar to what I bought on Amazon last week and I think I'm seeing improvement. Unfortunately, I'm doing a lot of new things at the same time, so it's hard to say.

16. imasteeler

imasteeler Member

May 12, 2014
    Houston
    Back again, to report an occurrence of mad tinnitus and loss of hearing in both ears which lasted almost 36 hours.

But... it was precipitated by getting overheated and dehydrated Monday afternoon, then again Tuesday morning and afternoon (doing maintenance on the food trucks). My hearing started to fade early Tuesday morning and then by Tuesday night I could not hear at all. Wednesday I worked again, but doubled up the B5/B6 over the course of the day, and once I got properly re-hydrated my hearing started to come back. Now today I can hear again, and the mad tinnitus has settled back down quite some.

All this to say, it is quite clear to me now that the B5/B6 is indeed very helpful - at least for my specific case...!!

Going back now to full dose of JOH regimen in the morning, double dose B5/B6 in the afternoon, and 4x daily multi vitamins. And of course, drinking enough water / electrolyte supplement through the day..

Mighty hot down here in Texas... especially now and for the next 3 months or so.

Cheers to all !!

JMC

17. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I had my one and only episode of total deafness after taking zyrtec for a few days. It is a type of antihistamine and i wonder if it dried me up similar to dehydration. Scary as hell but long ago. Needless to say i have never taken zyrtec since.

18. imasteeler

imasteeler Member

May 12, 2014
    Houston
    Hearing and balance have been fluctuating again this week - after a very stressful 3 weeks with 2 outdoor gigs, 6 days/week food truck operations, and a 2-day road trip to L.A. in the blistering heat...

Tinnitus has begun to creep back in, especially at night - but it is still significantly DOWN from where it was before the B5/B6 breakthrough came along...

SO... I am going to resume the L-Lysine daily (per JOH regimen) taken w/o food - in addition to B5/B6 twice daily, full JOH at breakfast, and 4x multivitamins.

I am ALSO adding 10mg CBD tincture (this is not delivered in oil, but is fully water soluble) to my daily cappuccino. I make my cappuccino with 2 shots of espresso, frothing the milk to a sort of half dry capp and half flat white with whole milk and 1 tbls of heavy cream mixed in... tasty drink, and the non-oil based cbd should deliver the benefits almost immediately...!!!

Happy summer to all... and fight on!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. imasteeler

imasteeler Member

May 12, 2014
    Houston
    I am unhappy to report - I am now back to a daily bout with mad tinnitus in both ears, a consistent humming sound in the background, and a significant drop in hearing and comprehension of words, tones, and pitch...

Been going on about 6 weeks. Last time I could hear clearly was June 29th, at an early evening gig in Katy, Texas. I recall vividly the crystal clear sound of my steel guitar, and how pleasant the tone was...

Then 2 outdoor gigs July 3rd and 4th in the blistering heat - and it all started to go downhill again...

It has been unbearably hot down here for the last month. My personal journal shows that whenever it gets this hot, I start to see elevated symptoms...

I've not gone back to the ENT since they didn't help me last time, but I have seen my regular doctor - who is also not especially helpful.

Will continue the same daily regimen, having gone back on the full JOH last week...

Hope to post a positive reversal of circumstances soon...

20. recoveringoptimist

recoveringoptimist Member

Aug 10, 2019
    It sounds like it would be extremely difficult given your love for coffee but have you considered trying to cut out caffeine entirely, or at least cutting back further?

I know everyone's symptoms are different but when I was initially diagnosed with hydrops I cut my coffee consumption to half caff coffee and lattes, and chai lattes. It was tough to not be able to order my normal full strength brew but I noticed that even when I drank about 6 oz. of fully leaded I'd get fullness in my ear.

Once I was diagnosed with full-fledged Meniere's I cut out caffeine completely. It sucks, but drinking decaf is much better than feeling dizzy. If I feel like I have things under control for a long time I may go back to half caff.

I wonder if you'd see any improvement between trying that, JOH, and the B5/B6.

• Like Like x 1