1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I'm grateful because....

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by artlover, Sep 6, 2014.

I'm gratful for my...

1. dog

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. cat

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. cupcakes!

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    I came out of a year remission in early May. That seems to be my pattern lately...a year ok and then an attack period. This period of attack has been longer than ever and I even missed a little more than a month of school. Which as an elementary school teacher is not a good thing. I am grateful I had the sick days to use :). I am also grateful I have summer recess until Aug 28th. :)Still don't feel the best, but so hopeful the Lord will speed up my healing by then. Grateful to be connected to this forum too. _/\_ Bonnie

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I’m grateful that I’ve got clean running water, shelter, air, food, and friends and family.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Bacon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    That I don't have spinning attacks anymore. I almost thought I might have one today. Didn't even come close really. But it was enough to remind me what my life used to be like. Every three weeks a 12 hour 80mph episode. How soon we forget. God am I grateful not to see the world start to slowly spin. Then the panic and fear. Knowing it's going to get faster every 20 minutes. Till I want to die.

God help me to be grateful that that's gone away. Please keep it away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  5. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I heard yesterday about a study on gratitude. It showed that writing 3 things you’re grateful for, daily for 21 days, leads to measurable positive physiological changes.

I read a book a few years ago, chronicling the author’s 1000 gratitudes. So I’m trying it. I’m up to 44.

6. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I've heard that too, but I'm not sure I believe it. I think I might have trouble coming up with three different things I'm grateful for every day for 21 days. There are plenty of things I'm grateful for but after a while I think I would run out of things.

7. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I'm grateful to be conscious & to experience all that which it involves, that consciousness has arisen in the universe, as without it the universe wold be devoid of gratitude, love, friendship, & experience.

8. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    What if, if you weren’t grateful for something, it would disappear? That thought always expands my list, though I don’t go there often - too fear based.

Grateful today for air to breathe, clean water to drink, ridiculous choices of food, clothing, shelter, friends and family.

9. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Nathan, you crack me up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Gonna go on 1 week camping trip in November. Out in Utah. Never been. It's been 2 or 3 years since I've been confident enough to pre-pay for something like this. Like AnneT with her driving again. Just by the fact that I've pre-paid a few thousand dollars for camp and airline tickets, shows me that I'm believing in my recovery. This is kinda something. Coming into the light again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. California Sun

May 23, 2019
    I am grateful for all the hair products and tools that let me turn the hair I have into the hair I want.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa

Because you're worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    I made it to church today and the music didn't hurt my ears or head.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Funny.

I'm sure that was some tag line for a womens' cosmetic commercial.

For some reason I never forget commercial motos or jingles.

When someone's talking to me and they say "the difference is..." I say "mink?" I was about 12 when this came out. Too absurd to ever forget. "enriched with precious mink oil". My gosh, the stuff they got away with back then. hah.

16. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    I am grateful for this site and all of the members who take time to reply to questions. It has been a blessing to read about the different journeys.

I wish I were well enough to go back to work, but until then thankful to try to do my part in supporting others on the forum. Wishing we all can be cured, sooner than possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    The sunshine on my face. The sun gives me so much energy and makes me feel like I can conquer anything that comes my way.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    I am grateful I was balanced enough to make it to my Wednesday prayer group. So thankful to have others pray for my healing and to be able to lift others up. Thankful I have been blessed with faith.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Grateful that Survivor is back on! I love the scenery and the drama.

Grateful for a warm house, fireplace and candles, warm tea, and that I could go to Michaels to stock up on yarn without fear of vertigo... because we are getting 10 cm of snow this weekend!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. California Sun

May 23, 2019
    Grateful that my dental visit yesterday went well--just a cleaning and exam, no work needed. Good for another 6 months.

• Like Like x 1