1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

A great video by a doctor on vertigo.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Svines, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019
    Thought this was worth sharing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    That was a great video. Thanks so much for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pa Cowboy

Pa Cowboy Member

Mar 17, 2019
    I live about 30 minuets from this guys office, maybe I'll check it out.
    Thanks for the video.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    Wow Svines, I just came back from a functional neurologist chiropractor today. What a coincidence to see your post/ video. It was a very interesting experience. Long story short he said my menieres stems from food allergens that are wrecking havoc with my immune system. Not all food allergens manifest in hives or stomach issues...often the immune system gets inflamed and then the inner ear is targeted. ( this is a VERY simplified explanation.)

The testing process is very unique. I am going to do exactly what he told me and see how it plays out.... should be able to see improvement within 10 days.

Did you visit this doctor? The one I went to was in Connecticut.

It makes me feel like it is a positive sign to see your post. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for sharing!

I

5. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Bonlyn. Please let us know your results. This was a very interesting video.

6. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019

7. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    Hi Svines,

The doctor in the video you displayed is a chiropractic neurologist. If you go to the American Chiropractic Neurology Board online there is a doctor locator to find the closest one near you. I will give you the link, which I hope works, but if this link below does not work just Google.

www.acnb.org/ doctorlocator.aspx

My regular chiropractor recommended him to me, since I have menieres and atypical MAV.. Since you have atypical menieres, if you can find an acnb doctor, it may be beneficial. I will keep you posted on my progress, since it is only day one after my visit to him. I was not going to post anything about my visit until after the 10 days, but when I saw your serendipitous post, just had to comment.

Glad to hear you are getting some relief on the nortriptyline. It gives you hope, which we all need.

Wishing you the best, perfect equilibrium days!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    I have been seeing Functional Medicine Neurologist (also a chiropractor) for about three months now. He also does not think I have Meniere’s and that a lot of ENT’s just use that as a catch all when they can’t find anything else. I have been doing eye exercises several times a day, neurofeedback, and something called a gyrostim weekly (this week I did it twice). He has also performed something called a bbq roll (similar to epley’s but all the way around). I can say that I feel a lot less dizzy, less anxious and a bonus I got out of all of this was my eyesight got better. So much so I had to get new glasses. This form of treatment is not cheap. I have to go three times a week. Next month it will cut down to two times a week. However, he is telling me that once my brain reaches plasticity, I will not have to come back...ever! There are quite a few people he has treated who swear by his treatment, including a woman who now works for him. If this works, which it seems to be doing, it is all worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019
    Thank you for pointing that out! I didn’t realize he was a chiropractor as well. I will be looking at the doctor locator. I want to find one of these guys!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi Joney,

Do you have any issues with your ears? Hearing, ringing, fullnesss?

11. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    I do have tinnitus, no fullness, had an “episode” where the tinnitus was so loud that my hearing was affected. No hearing issues since...except the high pitched tinnitus.

12. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    I live in the metropolitan NY area, the chiropractic neurologist I went to was in an affluent town in Connecticut. I felt he would be more reasonable priced than Manhattan...which may be a little closer.

He charged $235 for over an hour consultation and testing. Subsequent visits would be less money.

Of the 4 reasons he thought a person could have menieres ( as shared in the above video), he thought mine was food allergen. He felt that my chiropractor had done a good job getting me back in alignment,.so he did not charge me to do any adjustments.

I guess depending on the root of your problem it can be more or less money.

I would definitely give a chiropractic neurologist a try if you failed on antivirals.

Www.acnb.org

• Like Like x 1