1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Fed up with Fullness!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Jedirusty, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Tacio Domingos

Tacio Domingos New Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Spain
    @Jedirusty, the whole aural fullness thing gets better when I take diuretics. Hygroton worked really well for me. Recently another ENT prescribed Hydrochlorothiazide as it is apparently milder. And so better as a long term solution. It does not seem as effective though. You can also consider a low-carb diet to avoid fluid retention.

2. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    You have nothing to lose by going LOSO. It helped me for a year or so. Then the disease overran it as symptoms got worse.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  3. Megan M

Megan M New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Hi, I’m curious who you saw in NYC if you wouldn’t mind. Thanks! I’m also seeing an ENT there.

4. Daniel

Daniel Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I see Dr Lustig at Columbia Presbyterian.

5. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Hi Megan. Im wondering if your Doctor perscribed the anti virals or if you had to push to get them. I guess im trying to see if neurotologists are now recognising that anti virals work? I have been on JON and B supplements for 3/4 months and have seen good improvement.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Megan M

Megan M New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Hi-
    So my ENT and PCP believe I have Hydrops.
    Neurotologist thinks autoimmune inner ear disease or I have hearing loss that I’ve just always had, it’s just me. So none of them mentioned anti virals. My PCP and ent mentioned low blood pressure meds. So I really am not sure if the neurotologist would have recommended anti virals.
    Basically, I’m zero help to your question! Hahaha

7. recoveringoptimist

recoveringoptimist Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Daniel - I haven't seen a follow-up from you on these treatments. How are you doing now, seven months from this original posting? What's been effective for you?

8. Daniel

Daniel Member

Mar 3, 2019
    One of the best things that I have done is figured out that caffeine is a trigger for my symptoms. And for me, unfortunately this means any caffeine, even decaf products. So I haven’t had any caffeine , even decaf, for about two months now. My symptoms are marginally improved without it. Less fullness, less tinnitus , feel like I can hear very slightly better.

Other than that I am still on antivirals and some of the JOH regimen. I started allergy shots about 5 months ago and get them once per week. I don’t think they have had much benefit just yet, but my understanding is they take some time. I did have a very minor improvement in my last audiogram (August) in the lowest frequency from a 40db loss to a 35db loss, so hopefully that continues. I have another hearing test next week and will report the results