1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What's your temp?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bittersweetvenom, Feb 12, 2016.

1. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    In the 80s and humid. Yet, when I was out running errands I saw someone wearing tall boots and someone else wearing a sweater. I don't understand people who dress for the date on the calender rather than for what the weather actually is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    When I got up yesterday morning it was 32 degrees. Today it is 78 and I just got out of the pool. Thank God they de-iced the plane so I could get out of that freezing weather. :)

3. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Now I am going to complain about the heat and humidity. I come to Florida in October because it is usually free of the humidity and in the low 80s. For the past 4 days it has hit 90 with 80% humidity. Today I went to the gym for a Tabata class. The instructor had to move the class outdoors because there was a blood bank set up in the gym. I thought I was going to die. My word the sweat just poured out of my body. I crawled back to the gym thought I might be able to get a blood transfusion from the blood bank! To say it is hot in Florida right now is no joke!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. 46

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014

6. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Cheryl that's just cruel!! Here in NSB it's 64 and they say winter is coming! The locals will have their ear muffs on!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    It is cruel, redwing. We didn't have a fall. There are leaves still on the trees. We usually have quite a few warm, breezy, fall-is-in-the air days in October and November. During that time we rake leaves, take the flower pots, hoses and yard ornaments to the garage, cut back the perennials and just prepare for winter in general. We just had our third snow of the season Sunday, overnight into Monday morning. There's 3-4 inches on the ground right now. The first snow came about ten days before Halloween. Ugh. It's going to seem like a really long winter.

You just go ahead and enjoy you pool time, though. :p Ha, ha, ha.

• Like Like x 1
  8. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    My kids say it's freezing today at home. We will be heading back in December for the holidays for a month and that will be all the winter I will need!! Hard to believe I grew up in NH and use to love winter!

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Yeah, a month of winter sounds about right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    My husband is wanting us to RETIRE to NH in 4 years, hoping you live in the way North of NH and southern NH will be warmer.

I do not mind the cold, but do not think retired people should have to shovel snow 6 months out of the year!

• Like Like x 1
  11. California Sun

May 23, 2019

Weather aside, in't the COL in NH quite high? I've heard that the COL is very high in the NE in general.

12. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I live in the center of NH. It's the perfect location because we are only an hour from the mountains, the lake regions, the seacoast and Boston. Our summers are beautiful. The problem for us is the months of November through most of May. Winter is brutally long. Our Spring is late May until end of June and then summer kicks in in July. The two best months in my opinion are September and October. And yes the COL is very high. We have no taxes other than real estate and they are outrageous!! Our state motto is " Live Free or Die". What does that tell you?? However NH is a beautiful state.

13. California Sun

May 23, 2019
    We are having the Santa Ana weather condition here in So Cal, with high temperatures, no humidity, and wind. This type of heat is not pleasant like summer heat. It's unpleasant, uncomfortable, and presents a danger for wildfires to start.

14. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa

O' Cheryl, O' Cheryl

By Nathan

I shall summon a beautiful choir,

Light great quantities of scented, oversized candles,

And sleep in my refrigerator,

For a fortnight & three days.

In memoriam,

Of Autumnus, Shruisthia, Pthinoporon,

Ba Jia Jiang,

& other deities & personifications of Autumn,

For denying you the splendor of fall,

Passively,

And aggressively,

Quite clearly,

For failing to return a mortal's call.

Himalayan singing bowls,

Are bent,

Bruised,

& useless to me now, O' Cheryl, O' Cheryl.

(*Chuckles)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. 32

• Like Like x 1
  16. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Very Cold 5 degrees

• Like Like x 1
  17. redwing1951