1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Menieres Symptom Free for 12 Years

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by pcputnam, Nov 17, 2019.

1. pcputnam

pcputnam New Member

Nov 17, 2019
    I was going thru some old emails and ran across the post from Cumming Ga about subluxation of C1 being possible cause of Menieres. After suffering almost near debilitating symptoms, having had a brain scan and worthless visits to ENTs, I reached out to local chiropractors familiar with Menieres - that was 12 years ago. My initial adjustments were 3 times a week for maybe a month - after 6 weeks I had no more "attacks". I continue to have an adjustment once a month or when I feel uncomfortable neck pain. I just wanted to thank the gentleman who posted back in 2007.

• Like Like x 1
  2. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    pc, were you the victim of neck trauma before your onset of Menieres? Just wondering if the C1 work is perhaps only helpful to people who have suffered neck injury.

3. Hispoiema

Hispoiema New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Oahu
    This is a great question... My dizziness began in 1982 and has been every day since with over all symptoms worsening. I just started the John of Ohio regimen...

4. KaSchu

KaSchu New Member

Oct 25, 2019
    I'm thrilled that you found relief and have been symptom free for this long. My understanding, though, is that if a cause can be found for your symptoms, such as an injury, then Meniere's disease is ruled out. I hope this is the case for you and that you are officially cured. I went almost a decade without a significant flare-up, but hope yours stays away, unlike mine.

5. pcputnam

pcputnam New Member

Nov 17, 2019
    no trauma - just out of alignment

6. pcputnam

pcputnam New Member

Nov 17, 2019
    no trauma - just out of alignment

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    I had an out of whack C1 as well, the chiropractor said it did not give me menieres, but it definitely exacerbated the number of attacks. I definitely agree it is something worth looking into and may help some....but make sure you go to a chiropractor with C1 experience ( or upper cervical) I learned the hard way not all chiropractors are so well versed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pcputnam

pcputnam New Member

Nov 17, 2019
    absolutely - I emailed all the chiropractors in my area specifically asking if they had experience dealing with Menieres symptoms.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pcputnam

pcputnam New Member

Nov 17, 2019
    I was diagnosed with Menieres by an ENT and had no existing trauma.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hispoiema

Hispoiema New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Oahu
    My grandfather was an old school chiropractor and I grew up getting adjustments (whether I wanted them or not - it was just what we did as a family) all my life. He died when I was around 18 and I began getting dizzy when I was 18.
    Later there was a time in the winter when I was not dizzy at all for 3 months.
    Now, here comes the "fuzzy" part. We were hit from behind on the freeway at Christmas time one year. We ended up going to a chiropractor. We move a LOT and the chiropractor was in the same place where my 3 months of non dizziness occurred. So, was it the same year? Is it related. hmmm.... (I have no idea but it is interesting)
    He did give me a device for my neck - you lay on it and pump it up with air using your hand (like those old things for blood pressure). He said it would take the neck soreness away that I used to complain about.
    I don't know if it can actually help in the way you are mentioning above. Perhaps I should look into chiropractors again...

11. Hispoiema

Hispoiema New Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Oahu
    Here is another weird question:
    Several times a week (hard to say how often) when I turn my head, I get this sound in my head/ inner ears. There is no pain but I can't help wondering what it is or whether I should be concerned.
    It sounds like 2 pieces of chalk rubbing together.
    Obviously something to mention to the chiropractor huh? :rolleyes:

And on a side note, when properly aligned, your ears should be directly over your shoulders. (most probably already know that)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  12. pcputnam

pcputnam New Member

Nov 17, 2019
    for those of you who have not read Hank Sullivan's original post from 2009, I would recommend you search the posts. I found it very beneficial

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    [QUOTE Here is another weird question:
    Several times a week (hard to say how often) when I turn my head, I get this sound in my head/ inner ears. There is no pain but I can't help wondering what it is or whether I should be concerned.
    It sounds like 2 pieces of chalk rubbing together.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like maybe there is something wrong with your neck that could be causing the rubbing sound. Since your neck is so close to your ears, you can easily hear it.

Edited to add...I need a lesson on the quote feature. :confused:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Speedyhaze

Speedyhaze New Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Worthing United Kingdom
    Yes I get that sound too, it seems to have got more frequent over the last few months, not mentioned it to GP as been so hard to describe but your description is spot on.

16. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Could it be bone against bone in your neck? I have that as well and when I spoke to my chiropractor about it (because I’ve had neck issues for a number of years due to a car accident) and he said it’s called crepitus...sounds like an old person thing. At any rate, it’s a form of arthritis. Since going through therapy with this chiropractic functional medicine neurologist, I’ve finally found relief from it. He said it was because I have less anxiety. I’m not sure if that is true, but I’m happy to not hear the crunching anymore.

17. Speedyhaze

Speedyhaze New Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Worthing United Kingdom
    Hi yes you could be right as I have arthritus in my neck and shoulders, somehow this sound is different to the crunching sound in my neck, I feel its coming from my head if that makes sense, who knows really, the human body is a very complex thing eh ☺☺