1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I'm grateful because....

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by artlover, Sep 6, 2014.

I'm gratful for my...

1. dog

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. cat

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. cupcakes!

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    So weird. I have a dentist appt in 15 minutes and was about to cancel cuz I feel slothy and down. Then I come on this forum even though I'm late already, and see your comment. It MUST mean something. OK, I'm going! It's been too long. Too many cancelations.

• Like Like x 2
  2. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Grateful that my permanent, irreconcilable family estrangement actually has a "silver lining"--chances are I will never have to see or hear about my brother's wife again.

3. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Forever separation from some people is so awesome. A huge weight lifted off the shoulders. We should move all the a-holes in the nation to Saskatchewan and have them fight and bicker with each other till they all kill each other in what will become known as The Great Asshat War of 2025.

(We'd relocate all the Saskatoons to Florida before we dumped all our nasties there. They'd complain at first, but after they experienced the warmth of the sun for the first time in their lives they'd be ok with everything).

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Reads much like the penal colony roots of Australia, & we all know how that turned out.

5. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Sorry, Pupper. Wrong link. Click here, instead.

6. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    When I'm feeling ungrateful I think about walking in the Target parking lot and looking into a handicap van. I looked at a man who looked just like me, and he looked at me. It was going to take him 10 minutes to make it through the doors of Target. Once he was lowered mechanically into his quadriplegic wheelchair. I was feeling like crap that day. I'll never forget him looking back at me. Most likely thinking, "remove that frown from your face boy. don't you EVER feel sorry for yourself."

• Like Like x 3
  7. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    To be able to hear!

• Like Like x 1
  8. California Sun

May 23, 2019
    I am grateful that I was finally able to get hearing aids. They make such a huge difference.

• Like Like x 1
  9. For my family

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    Grateful I was able to go back to my teaching job Tuesday...I have been out since the end of May and my leave was up. It was difficult due to still having aural pressure and neck pain, but as long as the vertigo stays in check, I am hopeful.

Grateful for having faith and trusting God is working all this for good...and to believe I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord , to sing praises to the Most High". Psalm 92:1

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

• Like Like x 3
  11. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I am grateful that I was able to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for my brother a d sister in law. My brother just finished chemo and although he was a little under the weather he was able to join us for a day of caring and sharing. Praise the Lord.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Happy Thanksgiving to you, Redwing. And to you too, Bonlyn!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Thank you Nathan and Happy Thanksgiving. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? I know Canada has a different day they celebrate just wondering about you?

14. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Generally speaking, Australia doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. At least not officially. However Australian families, couples, & individuals with cultural ties to either America, Canada, & at times Japan & Germany may—Japan & Germany share similar days of celebration via influences of Christianity & occupation (WW2).

Personally speaking, I like giving thanks whenever I feel thanks should to be given, which is to say often, & enjoy returning the notion when voiced predominantly by Americans & Canadians.

I think Thanksgiving is a national holiday in Brazil, & likely many other countries too. Though don't quote me on that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I’m grateful for
    -beautiful Payne’s grey sunset sky tonight
    -Bob the Bobcat gracing my backyard- he is soooooo pretty
    -Bob not eating my cat.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shelter

I’ve seen some super sad stuff in the last month

• Like Like x 2
  17. California Sun

May 23, 2019

This, definitely. My state has a severe housing crisis and homeless problem.

18. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Grateful for my warm, comfy bed. My cat snoring. Knitting. Sunshine. Knowing my blue mood will lift... eventually.