1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

John Of Ohio -beginning the regimen

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Leonora, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Hi 911 Timo, i was wondering if your hearing continued to worsen over the past 12 years or so since you have been on JON or whether the JON regime stabilized the deterioration of hearning? Thx

2. 911Timo

911Timo New Member

Sep 3, 2019
    West Palm Beach FL
    Good morning Irishstu, good question and I should ask my audi to see the older hearing test results to compare and verify. I think my hearing has been pretty stable for the past 12 years. Originally (way before starting JOH) my right ear was gradually loosing hearing over the years but my left was completely normal so it did not bother me too much. When my left started acting up then I quickly realize that I need hearing aid on right ear. We then tried gent injection to my left ear and after 2nd injection my hearing really dropped on the left and we stopped there to eliminate complete loss. Since that point I have had HA’s on both ears. But to answer your question I think being on the regiment has helped lot on hearing side too, right was bad already but left has stayed similar maybe even got little better.

3. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Timo- do you think the gent helped your vertigo/dizziness at all?

4. 911Timo

911Timo New Member

Sep 3, 2019
    West Palm Beach FL
    Gardengal, I think it did shorten the episodes/ attacks at least some and maybe made them little less violent as well.

5. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I have just found out about the JOH regime ... is there one large supplement? I have no idea what vinpocetine is. I have been 5 days on Benny Hill's B vitamins and see no difference so maybe I need to get these other things too. Honestly something has to help...I am reading all your encouraging statements and would like to write one of my own one day....thanks...Janny

6. Janny

Janny New Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Lenora this sounds encouraging. I have been taking Benny Hills B vitamins for 5 days but see no change and today I learn about this JOH and want to give it a try too. My story is similar to yours and I also ended up in emerge. I was in bed for 10 days and could barely make it to the washroom for the spinning. All this while selling my house and trying to pack to move closer to family. It has been a nightmare. I seem to have turned into a helpless mess with all of this and I cannot even enjoy doing things with my grandchildren now. I am desperate for some relief no matter how small. I have to try all the things suggested on this forum as it seems many are getting relief. I am so tired of feeling like I am living on a house boat with the waves rocking me up and down. Thanks for listening to my desperation here...Janny

7. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Well, there's nothing like the stress of selling a house and moving to set off a Meniere's flare. Vitamins and supplements don't provide a quick fix. Most important is to accept this wrinkle in life and work it into the larger fabric of who you are. Breathe deeply and notice the little things around you.

8. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Welcome to the forum Janny. I know of no single combined supplement for JOH. I have been on it better than 3 years now. Below is a link to an old PDF that presents the regimine.
    http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.PDF

The stress Clare mentioned could be a trigger for your attack. Don't underestimate the power of stress. Other easy things you can try is to cut your sodium intake and start pushing H20. Take some time and read David Buchholz's "Heal your Headache". If I remember correctly, it was $8 on kindle. Food triggers and things like stress are big players in my situation. It took 3 years to figure out my escalating vertigo attacks were more related to a condition called MAV than Menieres. It takes little effort an $$$ to cut potential triggers from your life. All this other stuff starts to add up. I also recommend finding an Otoneurologist to start figuring it out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Peter S

John Peter S New Member

May 12, 2023
    London UK

10. John Peter S

John Peter S New Member

May 12, 2023
    London UK
    I've been on the John of Ohio regime since May 2023 and haven't had any attacks during this period. I restrict my salt intake and drink lots of water. Prior to adopting the regime I was having severe MD attacks every few weeks.